Football Results and reactions (2)

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19798
cue_power
cue_power
21:00 Sat 26 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Listening to the radio, Blackburn fan has rang in...and he is scorching Jason Roberts (the co host and blackburn player)

Telling him he shouldnt be doing a radio show and that if he was Steve Kean I wouldnt let him do it. Haha.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:58 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Was expecting more from Torres on MOTD there after the build up you gave him Derry.

He looked as gash as always to me!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:05 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lol!

I think he was talking about Sergio Torres for Crawley Town!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:20 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Spurs are good at the moment game in hand at home to everton win that they are second. Not bad considering they lost there first two games against both manchester clubs.

I was shocked about Newcastle, I thought after there brilliant start they would lose Zero points V City, Man ure and chelsea next week.

Poor Blackburns Fans daft owners, A poor manager; Although i feel for him all the stick he is gettin Blackburn will go down along with wigan, Bolton won't go down.

Me predict 2-0 Liverpool tomorrow.
Don't know why city are 4 points clear Man utd and chelsea are poor at the moment but tomorrow is a massive game i don't see how city once they get a 7 point lead will lose too many games, But liverpool always play well in big games especially at anfeild, Its just a shame they can't beat they average teams at home:P
m_wood
m_wood
01:39 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Saturday, 26 November 2011

BSB Premier

Alfreton Town 3 - 2 Hayes & Yeading

Goals.....
Arnold 64 ................................... (1-0)
Arnold (og) 90+2 ........................(1-1)
Moult 90+4.................................. (2-1)
Soares 90+5 ...............................(2-2)
Jarman 90+6............................... (3-2)
cue_power
cue_power
02:49 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
2good said:
Was expecting more from Torres on MOTD there after the build up you gave him Derry.

He looked as gash as always to me!

Thats the BBC for ya! He was different from usual. He would stutter or be indecisive but he played the same way as to when he played for Liverpool. Drove at defenders.

Find it strange how nobody has slaaged off Terry for getting that yellow card. Cant remember if it was on MOTD now. If it wasnt, John Terry was taking a throw in near their corner flag, took about 30 seconds and got a booking for time wasting...

Which means he is suspended for the Liverpool cup game where he was ovbiously told he wasnt going to play in it and we have City and a few tough teams coming so dont want him suspended for that.

I thought everyone would brand him a cheater.

Good year for Terry. Branded a womenizer, sexual predator, wife stealer, a racist and a cheater
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:57 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Should've taken someone out- make the booking count.
mich
mich
12:03 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
January 4th 2005. Roy Carroll dropped the ball 4ft over his own goal line v Spuds and the ref Clattenburg and linesman waved play on. Game ended 0-0
Afterwards in the press conference, Ferguson just said 'These things tend to even themselves out over the season'. Strange that he never mentioned that the linesman should never work again!!

Just seen this post on a forum, and how true it is too, Ferguson should stop acting like such a big child when things don't go his way, it's happened to Chelsea this season and Liverpool the last 2 seasons.

Get used to it. Now he knows how everyone else feels when they get dodgy decisions.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:14 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Meh all managers like to have a moan. David Moyes is the worst for it. If his side loses, the referee is always to blame one way or another.

Fergie of course is renowned for it, and they don't calll the FA, Fergusons Army for nothing, so expect to wait 5 years before another penalty is given against Utd at Old Trafford.
jack_pot
jack_pot
12:19 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I can't believe that penalty has stolen the headlines...
Newcastle fully deserved a draw whether the penalty was a right or wrong decision.

Also, 75,000 attended, and all you could hear all game was 1,800 geordie fans. Amazing.

The headlines should be about how amazing we played in the first half. How amazing we defended in the last 15 minutes with only 9 men. How Krul made amazing saves all day. How, no matter how well Man Utd might of played, they couldn't get anything past our defence.

Unfortunately, that's football for you when playing against Man Utd. Nobody talks about how good the opposition is, they just talk about how unlucky Man Utd were. Which is stupid because Newcastle actually had more decisions that went against us, and Man Utd's goal was a total fluke.

For Fergie to say they could have easily scored 4 or 5 is absolute rubbish. The way our defence was, they were lucky to get the 1.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:15 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
9 men? Only remember 1 being sent off!

I think Newcastle should have had a penalty for handball in the first half as well which was cut out of MOTD I think.

Overall though United did more than enough to win, but only once you lost Guitierez (sp) just couldn't beat Tim Krul, and when they did, Hernandez was offside.

The game was just like Gatafe V Barca yesterday, except Barca lost, but they to hit the post, had one cleared off the line and a goal disallowed for offside in injury time.
mich
mich
15:18 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Sad news about Gary Speed today. Thoughts are with his family.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:01 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
That was some game there, we had them on the rack the last half an hour, only for Joe Hart we would have won it. Fair play to him, that was some save from Carrolls header!

4 points from Chelsea and City. Chelsea next in errrr 48 hours.

Sleep well tonight lads! Back in training tomorrow, back at The Bridge on Tuesday for a Carling Cup Quarter final.

If we pick up any injuries on Tuesday, I hope the Football League come out and apologise!

Ballotelli is quite a character, came on, 5 minutes later he was off! Think I can hear him smashing things up now while they are doing the interviews! LOL

Lucas was absolutely immense. I hope MOTD do a whole feature on him tonight, because he is criminally underrated by the British media!

Edited at 18:04 Sun 27/11/11 (GMT)
cue_power
cue_power
20:04 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Brilliant game!

Just want to mention the Balotelli sending off. The commentator and footballing forums as well as pundits/ex footballers tweeting... about how disgusting it was from Balotelli.

I will go ahead and stick my neck out and say - What a pile of crap!

"Lucky not to get a straight red" --- "Thats a forearm smash" --- "6 month ban" !!!??

Its pathetic! Hardly made contact with him.

Silly challange for him to make because Skrtel is ALWAYS going to go down holding his face but the reaction is completely pathetic.

I would never even appeal for an opponent against Chelsea for a yellow card! And I'm partially bias!

What do you guys think (espesh the Lpool fans)?

Joe Hart was superb there. Suarez was great up front by himself. But for me Adam was the best player on the pitch, and shortly behind (pains me to say this) Barry.

Adam was so up for this game. All of Liverpool attacks went through Adam. His passing completely opened up City.

Barry prevented loads, and I think its because Silva/Nasri/Yaya tell Barry dont get in our way. So he actually plays the position he is suppose to DEFENSIVE midfield. If only he played that position at the world cup...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:09 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Clear second yellow for me, you see him look at Marty and then throw his arm. Not an elbow, as that would be a stright red, but a clear second yellow. Mario has just kicked our away dressing room door in apparently.

Lmao. Brilliant. Make sure he repays for a knew one. Made of Gold.
cue_power
cue_power
20:11 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Today was a great example to why Torres wont do as good at Chelsea.

Liverpools style of play is to defend in numbers and leave Suarez up field. The midfield break from counter attacks and set Suarez off.

But because Liverpool let teams pile pressure on them, not just City or United, teams like Norwich and Swansea (which is something United/Chelsea/City dont let teams pin us back) but due to Liverpool doing it, it then makes them tough to break down. Therefore teams like City and Chelsea last week, have Richards/Ivanovic, Clichy/Cole and all the midfielders are so high up the field, that when the ball breaks to Liverpool, they pass it out quickly, and then it leaves Suarez or previously Torres, against one or two centre backs.

The reason City will win the league, is becuase (like Chelsea and United previously) have so many attacking options that it makes it so hard to not concead in 90 minutes. Thats what Chelsea are lacking. We cant break teams down that defend in numbers.

But if Chelsea were to play an attacking/open game I think Chelsea would win quite comfortably.

If that makes any sense? Lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:15 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Lucas was a country mile the best player on that pitch today. Tackled everything, passed the ball very well and just generally played his role impeccably!

Love the lad!!!

I thought Adam was alright, but his final ball, free kicks and corners were dire, and his shot was crap that Elephant Man Lescott buried for him

We've been just fine this season, we just haven't finished our chances, but at times in the first half today the gap between Suarez and the midfield was huuuuge. Far to big. When Kuyt did support him we nearly scored with Adam.

Second half though was all ours, we had loads of options, Enrique and Johnson bombing on, Lucas controlling the midfield, allowing Adam and Hendo to attack.

If only we'd have scored at the end, it would have capped off a good 7 days.

Now to try and beat Chelsea at The Bridge, while Utd have a nice home game against Palace to look forward to.... on a Wednesday.

Doesn't make sense that to me!!!!!!

Edited at 18:19 Sun 27/11/11 (GMT)
cue_power
cue_power
20:16 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I very much dislike Mancini now though.

After the Tevez affair and now the way he dismissed Balotelli - I dont like him.

Mancini is getting unfair praise. He is getting praised for Silva being quality, Balotelli and Dzeko scoring relentlessly.

Yet Balotelli makes a mistake, he knows he has made one, you need your manager to stand by you in that situation. If it had of been Saurez doing the same, you think Dalgliesh would tell him to shut up and send him down the tunnel?

Not - A - Chance.

You think AVB would belittle his player on camera?

Not even Fergie who is ruthless, treat his player like that on camera.

If it was a world cup final, Crucial CL game then maybe it would be justifiable but a league game as such, its unfair.

I hope City dont win, not only would it prove money cant buy you success for another year running - But Mancini doesnt deserve it.
cue_power
cue_power
20:25 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think Liverpool need to play Maxi more and need Gerrard back.

Kuyt hasnt scored for longer than Torres! Says it all!

Downing never scored for Liverpool? And has had more shots than Suarez? and more shots than any midfielder in the prem (I think I heard on motd)

Henderson, I dont want to be too harsh but - he is rubbish. (Lol)

So in your team, your second best scorer is... Johnson? the right back lol.

So I will say any point Liverpool earns is a bonus. Considering the players arent scoring.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:29 Sun 27 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
cue_power said:

I hope City dont win, not only would it prove money cant buy you success for another year running - But Mancini doesnt deserve it.

But it does, Chelsea are living proof!

Our next top scorer after Suarez is Own Goals, we have 3 of them now
Pages: 19798
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football Results and reactions (2)

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.