outlawing smash breaks on arcade

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:18 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Just liek when the pros leave the white on the top cush, leaving a horrible shot and there opponent pots it and clears with a 143, There nothing you can do about it, If your so good then what's your problem?

Its a 50/50 chance of a ball going in, like mooney said, if it doesn't go in then your laughing and your glad he smashed it, just hypocritical you are!
baff
baff
Admin
19:26 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
greatest said:
"GG -jolly good break of 100 without me even playing a shot,watching you pot every ball without taking my eyes off the screen was amazing"

Obviously it's all about winning for you greatest... if you enjoyed the game as much as you say you do, then you could also take pleasure in watching your opponent build a large break. Lots sit back and watch you do it, after all!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:36 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I think it's fair to say, your quite badly outnumbered. So i doubt this will be happening soon.

If ever!
greatest
greatest
19:38 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
losing isnt enjoyable,its a match,the other player is there to be destroyed in my opinion
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:40 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Then surely not smashing and still losing would leave the same feeling. Your logic doesn't add up.
greatest
greatest
19:41 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
and i prefer to win games the right way. Smashing isnt enjoyable,end of thread.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:43 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
ok next time dont express your feeling by trying to change laws of a worldwide sport
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:44 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
and either is tapping, playing safe is ok but tapping on arcade is not.

people 9/10 will smash pack in arcade, i even do it on regular sometimes. original i tend to play safe unless im against a guest.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:52 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
greatest said:
losing isnt enjoyable,its a match,the other player is there to be destroyed in my opinion
and thats enjoyable for the other person?

yawn, think you need some better arguments
greatest
greatest
20:01 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
g echo i respect the other player by not smashing the break,i dont think its enjoyable in the slightest watching me make a frame winning break for them at least.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:03 Wed 20 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
greatest said:
g echo i respect the other player by not smashing the break,i dont think its enjoyable in the slightest watching me make a frame winning break for them at least.
making a break for them is against the rules isnt it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:26 Thu 21 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
greatest said:

Now you are getting the picture. There is nothing more enjoyable on this site than destroying a player in such a fashion that they need to have a big whine about it on the forum.

That means being 100% ruthless from the break. If you don't like that then the smashers are doing something very right.

Anyway if you want a more realistic type of game then just play original. It's extremely tricky to pot consistently from the smash break so you will see a bit more of the 3-4 cushion breaks back to baulk and a bit of tap tap stuff too.

Arcade as the name suggests is designed to be fast and furious. In and out in 5 minutes or less
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:28 Thu 21 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
johnnydollar said:
greatest said:

Now you are getting the picture. There is nothing more enjoyable on this site than destroying a player in such a fashion that they need to have a big whine about it on the forum.

That means being 100% ruthless from the break. If you don't like that then the smashers are doing something very right.

Anyway if you want a more realistic type of game then just play original. It's extremely tricky to pot consistently from the smash break so you will see a bit more of the 3-4 cushion breaks back to baulk and a bit of tap tap stuff too.

Arcade as the name suggests is designed to be fast and furious. In and out in 5 minutes or less

Second that! Well said JD
greatest
greatest
15:49 Thu 21 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
still some people dont understand,a smash break shows no skill at all-id rather work out an opening with great tactical prowess,winning games like that is perfection.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:07 Thu 21 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
greatest said:
still some people dont understand,a smash break shows no skill at all-id rather work out an opening with great tactical prowess,winning games like that is perfection.

The smash breaks arent just flukes,
Those breaks are thought up by good players who perfect them.. if you see a really good arcade player he/she will pot 9/10 times, meaning quite obviously they have thought about their break so much that it works most the time.

So their is a good bit of skill in it actually..
Plus to then clear the table, its not simple you know..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:07 Thu 21 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Interesting discussion.
In Arcade i think its an insult for the game if you dont smash....
For Reg its a bit more different.
In 5-10% of the time i smash the break off there and i pot a red and get pos on black...because thats the ultimate goal....getting a position on another color then black is already a lost chance.
Lately my break off is there a slow shot just touching the pack (keep pathway for black to both corners free!) and cue ball ending up along long cushion. Not spectaculair but also not tapping (creating touching ball). Then trying to pot a red following a black.
In Orig from what i remember...smashing/potting and on for a black is a impossible combination
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:22 Thu 21 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
On a slightly different tack, how exactly do you propose that it should be outlawed? It is going to be difficult to determine what is a smash break ... perhaps by not allowing a ball to be potted off the break, but then that could disadvantage the person breaking off as the opponent could smash and clear up, which is always an option even if you normally play safe unless you are accurate with your safety. Where do you draw the line?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:29 Thu 21 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
When the opponent is at the table they can play whatever shot they like and theres nothing you can do. Deal with it or don't play the game. If you can't accept it, leave it. Go play Original, that takes 'skill' Prove you are the greatest.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:37 Thu 21 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
I take it destroyers ban is up? Ain't heard this much nonsense since he was last around.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:45 Thu 21 Oct 10 (BST)  [Link]  
Hahahaahhh ^^
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

outlawing smash breaks on arcade

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.