Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

MGS (Metal Gear Solid) Chat

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:04 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
As far as i'm aware it was supposed to be MGS 5 but they just called it mgs peacewalker and it was released just on the PSP. You play as Big Boss. I've read allot of reviews on it and they are all good. Mostly 9's and 10's. I think it uses allot of co-op gameplay. I'm looking forward to it.

The main reason i sold xbox and bought ps3 was to play MGs4(bummer that you can't play it lol) right after i play the HD collection. Going to be a busy feb for gaming :D

Edited at 02:08 Sun 22/01/12 (GMT)

Edited at 02:09 Sun 22/01/12 (GMT)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:39 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah shame, was gutted when MGS4 was out only on PS3, is it out on xbox with this HD collection? ill get the HD collection either way as its a game i enjoyed on the PS2
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
13:46 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i brought this other week for £12 on ps3 :)
such a class game
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:54 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
yeah shame, was gutted when MGS4 was out only on PS3, is it out on xbox with this HD collection? ill get the HD collection either way as its a game i enjoyed on the PS2

hahaha....on Xbox Jim???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:01 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
16:04 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can't wait for HD Collection to arrive! Never played a proper Metal Gear game before, only Ac!d on PSP. MGS 2 and 3, Peacewalker and the original Metal Gear's 1 and 2. Gonna keep me occupied for a couple of months

Asda had it at £20 for a while as well so £4 each for those games? Bargain.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:09 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Metal Gear 1 is perhaps the greatest game ever made!

Fair enough it may be a bit outdated now.....but an HD remake!!!

Yasssss
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:18 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i dont think MGS1 is included which is a shame really, read description and it said MGS2 Sons Of Liberty, MGS3 Snake Eater and MGS Peacewalker.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:23 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeh i was gutted about MGS1 not being included. The Japanese version has it included but they don't get Peacewalker so we're quite lucky really. Would have been nice if they included the Gamecube port of MGS1 Twinsnakes. The graphics on that were great and a few things were added to it as well. The original MGS1 is only about £5.00 to download off PSN and Xbox live so might as well buy that as well. Hate playing my PC edition.
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
17:55 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
i dont think MGS1 is included which is a shame really, read description and it said MGS2 Sons Of Liberty, MGS3 Snake Eater and MGS Peacewalker.

MGS1 isn't included which is a shame. I was hoping for the entire MGS series to be in. Its the original 8-Bit (?) games that are included; Metal Gear 1 and 2. I've been following this release for a while and it sucks we've had to wait about 4 months longer than the US who got it some time in November. Its going to be well worth the wait when it is released though.

On a different note; James, what games do you play on Xbox?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:56 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Noooooooooooooooo!!!

WHY NOT 1??????
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:04 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
iamtheworst said:
dgeneratio said:

MGS1 isn't included which is a shame. I was hoping for the entire MGS series to be in. Its the original 8-Bit (?) games that are included; Metal Gear 1 and 2. I've been following this release for a while and it sucks we've had to wait about 4 months longer than the US who got it some time in November. Its going to be well worth the wait when it is released though.

On a different note; James, what games do you play on Xbox?

just call of duty mainly and yeah gonna be well worth the wait, something ill enjoy to play besides call of duty each time.

MGS1 was my favourite, followed by Snake Eater then Sons Of Liberty (only 3 MGS what ive played so far)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:20 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
arpeggi said:

Yasssss

Agreed such a great game and a series of games. My fave has to be Snake Eater tho can't get enough of that game xD

I have been waiting like 5 years to play MGS4 but untill i buy a PS3 it won't be possible
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:23 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
einit said:
arpeggi said:

Yasssss

Agreed such a great game and a series of games. My fave has to be Snake Eater tho can't get enough of that game xD

I have been waiting like 5 years to play MGS4 but untill i buy a PS3 it won't be possible

same, if we didn't have so many connections going, 2 Xbox's, 1 PC, 1 Laptop then i might have saved up for a PS3 (due to browsing amongst other things)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:25 Sun 22 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I will probs buy the HD collection just so i can play peacewalker on Xbox as my psp analog stick is broke lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:24 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whos getting the HD collection then
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:41 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
anybody ever play the extended version of 1? Or was that two?

Love MGS soooo much!

Playing! Not so good at the memory though!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:51 Wed 1 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i started playing Sons of Liberty again a few days ago, got to part where i have to save the president in the shell 2 core, controlling that nikita is hard work.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:55 Thu 9 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whos got this then?

my dad bought it for me today so i will either play on it tonight or tomorrow
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:18 Thu 9 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
bought the collection on amazon back in November (PS3's are region free ) They are amazingly good. the updated control scheme for MS3... A silky 60FPS... trophies. It's a no brainer. Go and buy it.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

MGS (Metal Gear Solid) Chat

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.