Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
spinner
spinner
Admin
20:46 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mattywellie said:
Anybody else watch raw last night ? :D

Of course. I always watch everything I can live, its just not the same otherwise.

I did have a long post written but it failed so the quick version is yeah, great show considering. Lots of good interaction between Austin and many new talent, especially the much tweeted about segment between him and Punk, sheer class.

Good in ring action too, with the Pipers pit setup of Miz v Piper classy, and Piper looking better than in years with his win over Miz. Riley is massively over and clearly the current "project". Good luck to him.

R-Truth was on excellent form all night, the backstage beatdown on Morrison to eliminate him from their match was priceless, and his distraction in the main event just spot on.

Despite it being so well known, it was a neat surprise runin they used to set up Big Show/ADR for Capitol Punishment, Kane having to half put him to sleep to get him to stop was cool. Haven't seen show move like that in years!

So, very by the books otherwise, decent Six man SD tag with Cara way overbooked again, Orton revealed to have a concussion for the night so we got a nice 10 minutes of Rey/Christian, and as expected next weeks RAW was announced as the "fans make the matches" annual event (formerly the Siber Sunday PPV)

But that was yesterday! Elimination night on NXT! Whooo!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:55 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
spinner you doing the chat tonight at 9 ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:57 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes spinner really great raw last night ... show really hasnt moved like that for ages and kane having to pop a sleeper on him was little bit farfetched tbh with u .. cara again far too overbooked he doesnt need all the time they aretrying to give him put him in a match against rey and there will be fireworks for sure .. r-truth was impressive i think he is becoming a love to hate character cos the fans seem to love the whole *jimmy* thing lol piper had cancer right ? but i know he is over it and he looks in fantastic shape in all honesty riley is really coming into his own i think the miz is dire anyway .. i dont agree he is a good mic talker and i dont think he is a very good wrestler the stone cold - cmpunk segment was fantastic was really good to see stone cold back to some of his best form last night would be good to see him as gm full stop ... didnt enjoy the evan bourne kofi match against swagger and ziggler thought it lacked spark until the end but thats because ziggler and swagger are both pretty sub standard boring wrestlers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:19 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
gazza here my mam isn't home yet i'll be on ASAP with the Monday Night Raw Update im gettin worried See ya ASAP in the Members Bar i'll be in there bout 10pm at the latest
spinner
spinner
Admin
00:37 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I thought i'd missed it

But yeah the 6 man tag being done in Cara's goofy lighting was insane, and even being booked that way he still looked silly. Ditching the overly presentation and getting him with Rey ASAP is definitely the best option. Along with knowing his style, rey can help coach him to look more realistic in the WWE sense.

I was disspointed with the 4 man tag too. I really expected a breakout moment from Ziggler after his pep-talk with Austin. He can definitely go, and I believe now has the mic prescence to match it, but its a matter of when, or if, they pull the trigger on him.

Swagger is an interesting one. He showed heaps of promise when he debuted, especially after a cracking run as FCW champ. Guys his size who could actually wrestle were rare.

Then along came Drew MacIntyre, Wade Barrett and Shamus, all as big and much more well rounded.

I REALLY hope one day Regal will form a stable of those UK guys, along with Mason Ryan. It would be all kinds of cool!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:40 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I love the fact Cena is getting the 'Cena sucks chant from the male fans' personally i like Cena, he shows he loves the sport, and he loves the fans

The male fans boo most wwe superstars now a days, because they are Attitude Era fans, and they love to see Austin, Rock, Triple h and that.

i hope one day they get rid of this PG rating, bring back the blood, i loved them days
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:55 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah spinner a stable with them guys would be fantastic i think with swagger they need to turn him babyface and stop with the hell just so he can get across to fans who he is i thought when he left cole a few weeks back it was going to happen ... and u are right the rey and cara thing has to start soon and not to fight during an epic war but that could be made out of mutual respect really ziggler after his gee-up from autsin should of gone and absolutely killed it out there but he didnt he sat back and kind of watched the match by
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:17 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Monday Night Raw Chat will be very soon in Members Bar i'll do as much as i can fit in before 12:30pm if i don't get it all in i'll be back tommorow i should get all the chat tonite though HAHA cya soon WWE reporter Gazza
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:27 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
message me when your doing it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:41 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Monday Night Raw Chat Update: 9pm Tonite In the Snooker Club room: 3-HOUR ALL-STAR Night Chat cya Tonite soory bout not being on last nite
spinner
spinner
Admin
19:52 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ Wouldn't you be better doing a Slammiversary chat tonight seeing as that's whats on in the UK, and RAW was a couple of days ago now? Just a suggestion

Quality NXT last night, good to hopefully finally see the last of Lucky Cannon. He may do well on the indie scene but obviously doesn't have the charisma to make it in WWE.

Really can;t make up my mind who I wanna see win, not that it matters since they just start again next season anyway, if there is one.

O'Neill is the obvious choice but he would have been long gone if not for Hornswoggles influence, and I suspect without that he will slip away into obscurity.

Not that that would be a bad thing!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:12 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i loved Slammiversary, great PPV for me
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:56 Wed 15 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
lol i don't know a site that does TNA streams or i would do TNA plz let me know of one :D on the other hand i haven't seen this weeks raw yet i'll be in the snooker club from 10pm or around that time im stuck on my ps3 lolz
spinner
spinner
Admin
00:17 Thu 16 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
TNA is on Freeview so you don't need a stream, and even if you do TNA broadcast most of their stuff via their webside anyway. Slammiversary starts at 10pm

BTW, did anyone notice TNA posted the result of the main event on their website 2hrs before the event started on Sunday! Ooops!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:44 Thu 16 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
huh lol im changin this thread a little bit to a TNA and WWE ppv thread from now on i can't keep up with the Raw's and Smackdown's hope everyone likes the change so tonight im doin a TNA Slammiversary PPV update from 10pm though im on now lol and chat will be in the Snooker Club chat room cya there
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:45 Thu 16 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I have a feeling Kurt Angle will have a heel turn later in the year,
he has signed A 3 year contract, he is going to be in a feud with Anderson as he is the world champion, and Angle is the challenger, but i think Angle will lose it, and will turn heel, maybe for TNA costing him his family

read something like that a while ago, but surely that would of happened in the Jarret feud.
spinner
spinner
Admin
02:39 Thu 16 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Interesting to see what happens with Angle now. He's announced everything from a Sting like contract (3months a year, basically) to time out completely for the Olympics next year.

Good to have options I guess!

The results are in for tomorrows impact and I can't wait for the next TNA PPV - the matches that really set TNA apart may get one more showing...

AJ Styles comes to the ring. He talks about the history of the X Division and how it built the company. Names from the past like Kid Kash or Jerry Lynn might be showing back up. He says for one night only the six-sided ring will be back and how he's back in the X Division. Samoa Joe comes out and says he agrees with what he says. He says they should hook it up again. Christopher Daniels comes out and says they're right, the X Division built things and moved up to the top of the card. He asks if they should do the match everybody wants one more time? He asks AJ if he's up for AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels one last time? AJ agrees and they shake on it
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:22 Thu 16 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Gazza here with an TNA and WWE PPV update I will be watching Slammiversary on Saturday night and results will be posted here too and on Monday night am watchin Capitol Punishment also results will be posted here cya soon Wrestlin reporter Gazza
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:59 Fri 17 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
great TNA episode, Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett parking lot brawl was really good, nice to see some actual fight in there, they actually have a real life feud, and i think they did this to settle that not just the storyline, Kurt angle looking in good shape now, and good luck to him in the olympics,

Looks like Jarrett is going of to mexico to help another Wrestling company, but the parking lot brawl was the best thing ive seen in wrestling for a while.

Edited at 16:07 Fri 17/06/11 (BST)
spinner
spinner
Admin
00:41 Mon 20 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeh it was the best episode of impact in quite a while, mainly because the focus was back on the wrestling and not so much hogan/bischoff to put up with.

The X Division match was an absolute cracker, and great to see Cash and Aries back again.

Smackdown was ok but a couple of weird spots. The dodgy count at the end of the six man tag, I just cant see where that story is going unless we're getting a dodgy referee angle, which would be cool, but makes no sense in a match like that. (tho it was good to see Sin Cara's lighting effect has been scrapped, hopefully thats permanent)

Also, it was odd they didn't put Shamus into the main event for tonights PPV, considering Randy Orton really does have a concussion (its not just a storyline, he still has to be cleared for sunday an might not be able to compete).

Looking forward to the PPV tonight, should be fun
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Wrestling Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.