Pages: 12
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
22:04 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cool cheers m8
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:09 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Big show is out for 8 months.. just read about it.. no one knows if that incident was scripted
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
22:21 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
why? what did he do
spinner
spinner
Admin
01:24 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Big Shows knee's are shot, he's been due time off for a few months now. It was scripted alright, very badly scripted, but like the troopers they are Kane and Show did their best to sell it

It's also now clear the the reason for the odd Kharma angle is that she's pregnant, so out for 9-10 months at least. Happy occasion for sure but lousy timing considering how big her push has been.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:32 Thu 26 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
also... i predict Christian and Great Khali heel turns in the next few weeks

Khali is getting cursed by that new guy.. and its pretty obvious khali will become a mark henry and get a push...

christian will because all this frustration that he is getting.. he will turn on the fans sooner rather than later.. hence.. his reaction after Over The Limit
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:54 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Matches for Capitol Punishment 2011

John Cena (WWE Champion) v R-Truth - Singles Match
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:33 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ Don't forget Miz/Riley as well, which should be a cracker. Not an easy one to book though as Riley really needs the win, but its vital Miz stays relevant.

For once RAW is the brand hitting it's stride with a great show monday night, helped out by a quality final episode of Tough Enough leading into it. (Excellent to see how over Jeremiah was on RAW - we will definitely be seeing more of him) R-Truth is back to his best, It would be great to see him as champion again, and would really shake things up as nobody expects it.

Andy was definitely the right TE choice and it'll be fun to see what his first challenge is, though I can see him heading to SD rather than have to go live right away. Speaking of SD, dull as it was main event wise with the long telegraphed Christian turn mentioned above, the Johnny Curtis promo was a highlight, I bet not many will have caught the Stone Cold comparison, but it was quality.

I missed NXT last night so that to look forward to on DVR tonight.

Good to see the thread back alive again, I thought everyone had forgotten already!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:44 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well i havent seen r truth as a champion since his ron the truth killing days in tna .. and tbh he was a more than worthy champion and it would be good to see him as a champ but does nobody else want to see cena vs the rock for the title at wrestlemania nxt year ? ... any ideas when taker is coming back if he is at all i know he only likes a match once a year but it is becoming a little farcical now dont u think .. christian is a heel in the making although i think be is much better as a babyface in all honesty he adapts to the crowd so well .. orton is the only one that is that good at being a heel is a babyface also haha he is a legend .. what does everyone make of sin cara or is it me that thinks that when he hits moves they take too long to figure out and should be easily countered .. just think sometimes that move off the top rope is too scripted *although i know the match is already planned* it shouldnt be blatantly obvious maybe that will come in time when people know him a little better
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
r truth wont be champion, cena will face rock for the title, but wwe said they are planning on changing the plan for that match, r truth is crazy, who is lil jimmy lmao

I love michael cole, he is so good, so entertaining, is he face or heel ?

and good to hear wwe have scrapped smackdown vs raw, because the brands dont compete against each now, its now called wwe 12, and it looks good
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:20 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well cole is heel but they have taken that from the days of when eric bischoff was commentating in wcw and he went from baby face to heel so thats a rip off from then ... how can they change the plan for the cena vs rock match the only way that can be better is to add another era ie austin or taker or something like that .....
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:21 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
if people think Rock v Cena is match of century they are wrong past vs future for sure but Cena is one of reasons WWE went PG in the 1st place.

soon as JBL lost the title to Cena at Wrestlemania 21 it went downhill.

JBL that year survived Eddie Guerrero, Booker T and Undertaker but couldn't survive Cena?

in my opinion all 4 of those is better than Cena.

person i really enjoy watching is HHH as a heel in Corporate Ministry (youtube videos) and when he was in evolution, sure fans like him as a face but i liked watching him as a Heel.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:31 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
U are right they are all better than cena james but the fact is cena at the moment is the biggest thing in wwe merchandise wise for them he sells more than any other wrestler as did the rock and as did austin in their respective eras
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:38 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
how many titles has cena won now?

i think HHH is on 13 (last time i watched it anyway) in 16 years which is ok but could be better.

Flair had 16 titles in about 40 years i think so 2 years per title isnt that good.
spinner
spinner
Admin
16:53 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mattywellie said:
Well i havent seen r truth as a champion since his ron the truth killing days in tna .. and tbh he was a more than worthy champion and it would be good to see him as a champ but does nobody else want to see cena vs the rock for the title at wrestlemania nxt year ? ... any ideas when taker is coming back if he is at all i know he only likes a match once a year but it is becoming a little farcical now dont u think .. christian is a heel in the making although i think be is much better as a babyface in all honesty he adapts to the crowd so well .. orton is the only one that is that good at being a heel is a babyface also haha he is a legend .. what does everyone make of sin cara or is it me that thinks that when he hits moves they take too long to figure out and should be easily countered .. just think sometimes that move off the top rope is too scripted *although i know the match is already planned* it shouldnt be blatantly obvious maybe that will come in time when people know him a little better
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:55 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
james flair held most of those titles or years though ... and spinner was there something wrong with my post ? as u reposted it ... :S
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:12 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
not disputing that i mean hes wrestled for 40 years and has 16 world titles which is an average of 1 world title every 2 years.

Triple H has an average of about 1.5 years per title.

and i think Cenas is even less because hes the golden boy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:15 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
im sure cena is like a 9 time world champ :/
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:18 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
and he started in 2002 so that makes it 1 title per year, shows how low WWE has got now.

with those averages you would think cena is better than HHH, HBK, Hogan, Flair, Rock, Austin, Taker etc which hes not.
spinner
spinner
Admin
19:39 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Big difference is in the time they reigned though. Cena has so many wins, as do many of the modern wrestlers, due to the amount of TV time they have to fill. Flair, Hogan etc, held titles for years because title changes didnt need to happen, things stayed fresh by moving from territory to territory.

What is often forgotten about the likes of Austin is that while he was a major draw, he was so injury prone that his time at the top was relatively short. He and the Rock feuded far more in the midcard over the IC belt than they did over the world title.

As for who is best, you only have to see what happens when they have got together recently. We may have fond memories of Austin and Rock, but Rock especially has been totally outclassed by Cena in their confrontations so far.

mattywellie said:

Sin Cara has been rushed on TV WAY to soon. The Lucha style just doesn't work in WWE, all he can do in variations of head siscors, and I agree the "finishing move" is about as unrealistic as it gets! Just compare him to Rey, who has adapted the lucha style to work within the WWE.

My view is that Rock/Cena just doesn't need the title. It will only detract from the match since we all know Rock won't be hanging around to be champ. Hopefully we'll see Miz/Truth for the title at WM (or someone else) alongside the feature match.

HHH said a while back in an interview that Taker was considered retired, with the assumtion he would be back for one more match next year at WM. Hence why Michelle McCool also retired. I really hope they let him go out at 20-0.

Biggest news I can see coming soon, and 99% likely to be a factor in the Rock's future appearances, is Mick Foley parting ways with TNA. He's right at the top of the list to turn up next week, possibly to be revealed as the Anon Gen Manager..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:49 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i get so many people saying why do you watch Wwe now, its PG fake stuff, well fact is ive been watching it since i was 5,6 and im now 16, so says a lot really

Cena is a joke, wwe need to turn him heel, hes the face of the wwe, but yet gets booed when he comes out, so really do need to turn him heel for The Rock feud..

also i was watching Raw on monday night, and you could hear Cena shouting to Miz im doing a bulldog, then 2 seconds later does it...

has anyone noticed that michael cole reads from a bit of paper on the keyboard of the laptop ?
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Wrestling Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.