Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
spinner
spinner
Admin
11:05 Thu 19 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
That Regal is even alive is a tribute to how someone can turn their life around through sheer determination!
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
20:17 Thu 19 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cena gonna win he never will say i quit
spinner
spinner
Admin
21:59 Thu 19 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
He already did

Seems like not everyone remembers the Anaheim rumble as well as I thought!
virtuoso107
virtuoso107
00:27 Fri 20 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Pretty unimaginative if they do it though, Cena saying I quit properly would be a much bigger twist.
spinner
spinner
Admin
02:05 Fri 20 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I genuinely think the only way out of the hole they have booked themselves into with the Rock/Cena thing, is to work an angle where Cena is injured and give him most of the rest of the year off.

The idea of him going for the title so it was a title match was stupid in itself, since even if he does stick around after WM28, the Rock wont be near active enough to be champ, so even if he did win it at WM28, we would know he was losing it back again at Backlash, or even sooner.

They *may* have been thinking of giving Rock a "retire as champ" moment, but unfortunately, Edge just got that so its no longer fresh. Not that that will stop them!

Anyways, first PPV of the barbecue season so time to lay on some burgers - roll on sunday!
spinner
spinner
Admin
23:44 Fri 20 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Not a bad Smackdown by current standards. Quality opener from Christian and Shaemus, but I'm not enjoying Ortons new found "respect" - he should have left Christian laying with an RKO or punt to the head..

The UK edit really had me jumping, I wasnt watching when the Game's music hit! It took a few seconds to notice it was the from the Vault segment.

Some decent promo stuff and a more solid than usual Diva's match (due to Nattie) and then a quality 5 minutes from DB and Chavo. The idea of a multi-time world champion like Danielson in the role of support for Chavo and Sin Cara is sad, but his time will come, in the meantime I hope they keep him in the mix. Sin Cara has a loooong way to go to get to grips with the WWE style!

Then the highlight of the night - an absolutely stellar promo from Rhodes and DiBiase. No point in recapping, its bound to be on WWE.com by now! Nice little match after but the promo was the high spot.

Then the main event. I'm not going to mention it, or even try to describe it. I can only think Orton must have lost a bet or something. Lets hope he's back to normal by sunday!!!
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
02:51 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cheers for the update m8
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:06 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
just to remind you all WWE Over The Limit Update tommorow nite from 9pm in the members bar don't miss out cya guys and ty for responding to the thread
spinner
spinner
Admin
04:02 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Almost PPV time!

Over the Limit always reminds me of this exact day 12 years ago, when the late Owen Hart died during Over The Edge, amazing to think its been so long, seems like yesterday.

Standard graphic of Macho Man to start, lets hope there is an up to date package later on since they just churned out the trailer from the DVD set on WWE.com..
spinner
spinner
Admin
04:29 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Quality dark match from Dan Bryan and Drew McIntyre - sad that those two aren't on the show given some of the other "talent" that is.. Bryans birthday today too, same as mine!

Quality opener from R-Truth and Mysterio (who had a typo on his outfit! musta been made by the same company TNA used for the "RDV" shirts!)

Good clean and necessary win for R-Truth, lets hope the former world champ is in the position to grab the WWE gold sometime soon.

Zeke and Barrett up next, hopefully end up in a moral victory for Zeke and let Barrett go on to some more deserving challengers. Nice close up of a UMO sign during Wade's entrance! Cool!

Formulaic match for a few minutes then Zeke stared channeling the King with multiple bodyslams before the Corre run in in good old ninja style letting him do the same to them for a bit before the numbers take over. Ah well, no surprise here, but for once thats a good thing.

Edited at 01:35 Mon 23/05/11 (BST)
spinner
spinner
Admin
11:08 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
An above average effort from WWE, but yet again finishing on the worst match of the night by quite a degree. Orton/Christian should have been on last, they put in a stellar performance.

Sin Cara just isn't ready, it really showed having him perform so soon after Mysterio. He and Chavo should have been the dark match and Bryan/McIntyre should have been on the show, no question.

Nothing obvious for RAW tho which is always good. Lets hope they take advantage for once and freshen things up.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:23 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
So where do you watch WWE in the UK? I cannot seem to see where you can watch it? I want to follow WWE again, last match I saw was the 2010 Royal Rumble
iamtheworst
iamtheworst
14:16 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Raw and Smackdown are usually on Sky Sports, the PPV's are generally on Box Office now I think. Wish it was back ten years ago when wrestling was entertaining (and for the most part, free to watch). I can't get behind this PG-14 aimed at kids business. I still enjoy watching Undertaker's Wrestlemania matches though. The guy may be 200 years old but he puts on a good show.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:25 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
same here dave, i generally watch them on youtube now.
spinner
spinner
Admin
15:51 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
All the WWE shows are on Sky Sports, the amount on Box Office has decreased again this year and I *think* its only the big shows like Wrestlemania, Summerslam etc. Last nights Over The Limit was on normal Sky Sports.

TNA is on Challenge, a few days behind (PPV's only show on wednesdays) but easy to get.

All fairly easy to find on youtube or dailymotion as already mentioned though. Thats how I generally watch SD, NXT, Superstars and Impact. Always watch PPV's and RAW live 'cause it just adds so much to the experience
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:03 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
this post is to junster333 you can watch all Raws and Smackdown and PPV's by searching for sites that show them, i'll be using that site when i do the update tonight at 9pm or so in the members bar

<no linking to illegal (copyright breaching) sites please>

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 19:37 Mon 23/05/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:01 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
just to remind everyone to watch WWE Over The Limit tonite as im doing the chat in the members bar or somewhere lol go to google and find a way to watch on there lol cya later

Edited by forum moderator spinner, at 19:35 Mon 23/05/11 (BST)
spinner
spinner
Admin
22:00 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The decent sites are all reporting a Savage tribute video tonight, so we have that to look forward to. I hope they've done one of the "talking heads" style ones. There were a lot of unspoken references to Savage last night

Chances are the Hitman may put in an appearance too after his role in last nights PPV. It will be interesting to see how they go with commentary now the Cole/Lawler feud is eventually over. Hopefully, like last night, JR will be back at least temporarily.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:06 Mon 23 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
not pleased with Cena and Miz match... people need to face facts.. Cena will be champion up until next wrestlemania.

also he will never say i quit.. he is the face of Wwe and although he shouldnt be.. he is overated.. Miz is a better wrestler than Cena..

about time people like, Cody Rhodes. and the young talent get a go..

Randy orton is probably the best wrestler in the Wwe right now.. by a mile

I watch TNA now.. much better variety.. X divsion and it exciting every week... also Kurt Angle is my favourite wrestler so... also it pretty much attitude era with ECW so thats why

Edited at 19:09 Mon 23/05/11 (BST)
spinner
spinner
Admin
21:57 Wed 25 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
TNA was awesome from 2004-2006, but its gone so far downhill since then. Angle/Jarrett has been good though, and the return of Chris Harris at the last PPV was quality.

So, decent RAW, nothing to write home about though. Looks like R-Truth is eventually going to get a chance at becoming champ again, LONG overdue. Also a kick start to the DelRio-Big Show feud, and some interesting but weird development from Kharma.

The predicted hitman appearance was cool, and led to a rare "televised house show" main event. Been ages since we saw one of them, maybe too long.

Great stuff with Punk and the New Nexus finally getting the tag titles, and his tribute to Macho in the main event was awesome. Even Cena tweeted it was an honour to be in the ring with him.

But, wrestling wise, NXT has been the highlight this week. Solid matches all through and an excellent O'Neill/Young main event ahead of next weeks elimination.

Tough enough was also excellent this week, with Christina and AJ eliminated (and rightly so) leaving by far the best 3 left after the injuries to fight it out next week. Lets hope Luke is eliminated next week..
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Wrestling Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.