New Wrestling Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:46 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
But austin is guest manager next week am i right spinner .. and what is the whole thing about michelle mccool retiring .. i think u are right the rock cena match doesnt need the world title but do u not think it would make a huge spectacle make it a four way including hhh and taker as takers last every match and he wins the title and then retires ? ;-)
spinner
spinner
Admin
23:55 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yep thats right he's guest GM, but its AllStars night to help promote the (awesome looking, but slow selling) game. Also one of the 3 hour slots so plenty of time to introduce plenty of stars. Given Folyes record with the WWE and especially his history with the Rock, it would be insane not to book him if he's free.

Michelle McCool is Takers wife, and tho she was pretty beat up herself, the primary reson for her retiring recently was to spend time with him at last.

IMO whenever a match has more than 2 people in it (apart from tag matches, obviously) it detracts from the spectacle, not add to it.

Takers streak is infinitely more important than any title anywhere in wrestling today, and it will be a very long time before it is close to being equaled. The "retiring as champ" thing is something often thought of, but since it has just been done by Edge, it will be many years before it is a good angle again.

By the way - something never mentioned but a neat fact - who is the only person to have faced Taker at Wrestlemania and NOT been pinned, submitted, DQ'd or locked in a casket?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:44 Thu 9 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Big Show i think as Nathan Jones kicked his head in and Taker pinned A Train at wrestlemania 19.

Wrestlemania 17 was the 1st wrestlemania that i watched.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:13 Thu 9 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Nathan Jones was animal, but that was probably because he was in prison for 18 years
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:58 Thu 9 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Matches confirmed so far for Capitol Punishment 2011 JUNE 19th

John Cena (Champion) v R-Truth - Singles Match for WWE Championship

The Miz vs Alex Riley - Singles Match

more soon on Capitol Punishment 2011
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:27 Thu 9 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
What dies everyone think about angle trying out for the olympic wresting team at 2012 olympics ? i mean the guy simply is the greatest wrestler *in terms of wrestling ability* to grace the squared circle despite bret hart and chris benoits mat attributes ... do you think angle can succeed at the olympics if not would love to hear your views ...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:40 Thu 9 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
well he is a olympic champion, so of course he is probably the best wrestler now to enter it, he is getting on now, you can tell by his shape in TNA now, he is not as fit as he once was... he is my all time favourite superstar, simply because of his athletisim and dedication to the sport
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:18 Thu 9 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
My all time favourite is bret hart his matt skills were amazing and he was fantastic on the mic one of the true greats ... career was ended far too early and as he said he is the best there is the best there was and the best there ever wll be .... but as for angle i think for a 42 year old he is in pretty good shape in all honesty
spinner
spinner
Admin
19:43 Thu 9 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mattywellie said:
What dies everyone think about angle trying out for the olympic wresting team at 2012 olympics ?

I think, or at least hope, it's just a gimmick. Similar to all his teases of MMA appearances over the years.

The fact is, he is far to beat up now for real competition, and I doubt he would pass a medical. He is barely clean enough to get away with wrestling in TNA, and remember he doesn't wrestle full time for them, only TV and PPV's, with the odd overseas tour.

No denying he is probably the best all round pro wrestler active today. I could only put Shawn Michaels ahead of him.

Yes, there are a lot of very good wrestlers besides them, but thinking all round, from mat wrestling to high flying, to bloody brawls, psychological battles to ironman endurance matches, they can both do it all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:18 Thu 9 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
TNA is much better than Wwe if you like PG era

but i always watch WWE because it is and will always be my TV wrestling show, They only bring Austin, Rock and that in now and then to re bring the attitude fans back, how random was that Austin showing up to Raw this past week
spinner
spinner
Admin
01:32 Fri 10 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ Er, we've known Austin was going to be announcing the winner of tough enough on this weeks RAW since before Wrestlemania, and have been reminded every week since

WWE Actually has some decent depth just now for the first time in ages. Instead of hastily thrown together matches they're going into CP with a decent range of feuds with a good degree of crossover.

Cena/Truth
Miz/Riley
Kofi/Ziggler
Punk/Rey
ADR/Show
Bourne/Swagger
Orton/Christian/Sheamus
Barrett/Zeek
Rhodes-DiBiase/Bryan-Sin Cara

Lots of buzz this week that WWE has signed Averno from CMLL to come in and feud with Sin Cara in an attempt to get him more over. Personally I think it could prove to be a disaster as WWE fans aren't buying his "flippy" lucha style, and emphasizing it can only make things worse.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:38 Fri 10 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yes mate i agree, Sin Cara is a bit unrealistic for moves

and Big show is out for 8 months, so why they are feuding him with ADR now, its just going to be him trash talking Show all year really

Nice to know The Corre will be finished this week, i heard that Gabriel and Slater are done with it
spinner
spinner
Admin
03:33 Sat 11 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Show/ADR is booked for Capitol Punishment, the angle should kick up a gear on monday.

Decent SD this week, fun tag match with Rhodes/DiBiase and Bryan/Cara. Minimising Cara's offense and making him default FIP was definitely a good move. Being in with those 3 is a great learning opportunity for him, lets hope its not wasted.

Nice main event between Shaemus and Orton, making the most of the no-DQ stip with one of the most brutal kendo stick beatings I've ever seen. It's an odd side effect of the PG environment that the action actually ends up much more brutal and violent, just like in the 80's. Shame they decided to telegraph the ending, but some good editing to help salvage it for the International version.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:32 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
hey all gazza here sorry bout me not posting results and news I have decided to do this in the members bar when there is a ppv occurring at the end of the week next ppv as you know is June 19th 2011 Capitol Punishment so i'll cya in the members bar from a special start time of 9pm on Tuesday for a 3-HOUR Monday Night Raw Update it's ALL-STAR night in the WWE and If you haven't heard on this weeks Raw special Stone Cold Steve Austin will be the General Manager for the night as the GM takes the night off! I wonder what Stone Cold has got up his sleeve for the night hmmm!

Matches Made for Capitol Punishment 2011
Miz vs Alex Riley: Singles Match
Ezekiel Jackson v Wade Barrett: WWE Intercontinental Championship Match: Singles Match
R-Truth v John Cena: WWE Championship Match: Singles Match
Randy Orton v Christian: WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match: Singles Match

Cya at 9pm on Tuesday Night for 3-HOUR Monday Night Raw: ALL-STAR Night
spinner
spinner
Admin
19:10 Mon 13 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Er, dude, RAW is on tonight not tuesday (well, OK, technically tuesday, but at 1am, not 9pm!)

Join those of us who watch it at the normal time, I think you'll find it a fair bit busier

What did everybody think of Slammiversary last night?

I wont post any spoilers as I know some don't see it 'till Wednesday..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:47 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Er dude im in the uk m8 so i don't get to see it till the day after plus i'll be asleep and i know that Raw is on Monday m8 cya at 9pm on Tuesday thanx for not spoiling
spinner
spinner
Admin
10:50 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm in the UK too, RAW is shown live so no need to wait until tonight. Tonight is NXT night anyway!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:27 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Anybody else watch raw last night ? :D
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:40 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Just a reminder Monday Night Raw Update Tonite from 9pm in Members Bar 3-HOUR ALL-STAR NIGHT cya from 9pm
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:48 Tue 14 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ill be there
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

New Wrestling Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.