Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Football manager 2012

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
mich
mich
12:47 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Think he means CL qualifacation rounds?

I haven't played much recently downloaded the editor and had a bit of fun on that. When I played that game with edited versions after 4 seasons Luis Suarz was playing for AFC Liverpool in League 2 :S They got bought out buy some rich guys and are flying!

I didn't edit them btw, just Man Utd lashing a 30 year transfer embargo on them for a laugh!

Edited at 09:52 Mon 02/04/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:57 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Anyone still playing? Lol.. Finished my 2nd season in the Prem taking 4th. Domestic Cups were a bit disappointing. Currently 5 games into the season and mid-table. (couple of tricky Away games at Spurs and United)

Got through to the group stage of the CL after playing Galatasaray. Got absolutely outplayed at their patch 1st leg and somehow got a vital away goal, losing 2-1. 2nd leg won 1-0 at the Country Ground to go through on away goals.

Currently top after the first round of games beating Sporting 3-0 at home, with Fenebahce and the light task of Real Madrid in the group!

how are you already playing group stage only 5 games into league season?

did prem get stripped of one champions league spot so 4th is europa?

5 games into the Premiership season is what i meant.
So with the final CL qualifier round and the opening round of group games i'm 8 games into the season.
mich
mich
14:25 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I just gained qualifacation from my group just then, so played my youngsters in the last game vs Bayern and won 5-1 haha.

Club world Championships coming up, with League cup quarters, and 5 prem games... this December is gonna be horrible!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:21 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I got some youngsters coming through my youth system now. (1 touted as the next Gazza) He's only 16 though lots of potential but got any tips to fulfil it?
mich
mich
16:42 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Put him in your reserves, get him playing a few games there, itroduce him into a few cup games (ones you should win anyway) just give him bits and bobs, eventually near the end of the season when your position in the league looks cemented give him a couple of games run out.

Works wonders, either that or you can wait until they are 17/18 and send them on load for a season or two to your feeder club.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:28 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Pretty much what i've been doing. Though a couple in the first team sqaud. My right back I bought for like 70k from Cambridge and he's been first choice since last season. Think he's 19 now been with me for 3 full seasons. Need to develop his game though because his defensive stats are quite good already and he's very solid and reliable. (even if my assistant thinks he's currently championship qaulity). But he likes to get forward and his attacking stats are quite crap to be honest lol. Might chuck him into the midfielder training category for a bit see if he can develop there or probably have to give him his own schedcule for a season or two.

Got 4 players loaned out right now i think, but 2 of which i doubt will ever be good enough for the Premiership. The other two I have are a 18 year old CB. Bit like Ledley King. and a Centre mid who's 17.

Home grown youth all the way! Need it with the European competition squad rules.
mich
mich
17:49 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Get an ex defender in as a coach (Carra or Terry I would advise) as it seems the majority of your youngsters with potential are defenders. Also get Jamie Redknapp in, quality addition to the backroom staff be it as a coach or assistant manager he really helps the team. Carra gets involved a lot for me with the reserves and youngsters.

Go headhunting for scouts, and when you send them on an assignment make sure you put that the max age you want them to reccomend you is like 21/22. You will find some superb 15/16 year olds everywhere, I got offered a 15 year old from Guatemala before for £47.5m LMFAO.

Needless to say I put him on the transfer list for a year and scounting him for a year, if he impresses I may go for him.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:15 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Actually can't remember who takes my defensive coaching to be honest. Got a few ex-England in my staff though. Barry, Robinson, Martyn, Andrew Cole. (The latter two have been with me since the start, as well as my Assistant)
mich
mich
18:31 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Carra is brilliant, as is Redknapp, quite cheap they are too.

I did have Fowler as a coach for a while but he left for a managers role somewhere haha.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
18:53 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
edgar davids is one of my coaches at cardiff :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:02 Mon 2 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Carra wants Assistant Managers and i'm staying loyal to my Assistant from the start of the game.

Terry's already a coach at Chelsea, so that's not gonna happen haha.

Jamie Redknapp didn't come up on the search filter, but a retired Harry did.

Went through some other defenders. Rio wants first team so not really keen on the kids. Ledley king i also couldn't find.

Might try and get Sami Hyypia if I can.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:17 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
2012 is much updated from 2011 then?
There was nothing like coaches asking for assistant etc...

I used to be good at them games. Really struggle now. Even with the top flight teams I struggle big time.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
01:44 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah it is a massive change...............sami hyypia also has in real life just taking over at somewhere like bayer leverkusen as temporary manager, gl to him!!!!!!!!
mich
mich
11:29 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Carra wants Assistant Managers and i'm staying loyal to my Assistant from the start of the game.

Terry's already a coach at Chelsea, so that's not gonna happen haha.

Jamie Redknapp didn't come up on the search filter, but a retired Harry did.

Went through some other defenders. Rio wants first team so not really keen on the kids. Ledley king i also couldn't find.

Might try and get Sami Hyypia if I can.

The people you couldn't find may be due to the size of the database you picked at the beginning. You may have picked a smaller database for better speed etc, which could be why there are shortages of ex players.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:47 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Large database with 15 different playable countries.
mich
mich
12:21 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Wowzas!!

You not tried getting anyone like Zidane in then as a youth team coach? With such a large database with loads of playable countries, there should be loads of ex players available for coaching roles.

I just went to get Shearer then, but he is manager of West Ham haha.
mich
mich
12:26 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Samuel Eto'o just took a £40,000 pay cut to come to Liverpool and become a coach.

In the next 16 days on this here are my fixtures...

Fulham (Prem)
Everton (League cup Final)
Spurs (Prem)
Man Utd (Prem)
Inter (Champs league knockout first round leg 2)
Everton (FA cup 6th round)

Not gonna be easy hahaha but on a 52 game unbeaten run it better not finish in the cup final vs Everton

Edited at 09:53 Tue 03/04/12 (BST)

Edited at 10:00 Tue 03/04/12 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:34 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Away league form is poor at the moment. I'm like Fulham.

Also I appealed a red card given to a player in the Champions League, and it went to the FA...? :L

Presumably Fm doesn't have Uefa licensing.
mich
mich
15:24 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Obviously not as it would be called champions league and not champions cup.

After I posted that last post about my 52 game unbeaten run I lost 4-0 at home to Fulham!

Won the cup final and lost in Fa Cup won the rest haha.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:01 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd sack you for that.
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football manager 2012

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.