Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Football manager 2012

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
mich
mich
19:40 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The board are angry at me because I failed to meet expectations.

Only got to semi of CL and never won FA Cup.

Won everything else and they're still peed off.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
21:38 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
my first season with cardiff, they expected play-offs, league cup 3rd round and fa cup 4th round, and i got to final of league cup, quarter final of fa cup, my finances were good but because i came 9th they sacked me! am i the only one who doesnt think that was fair?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:45 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Slightly harsh, but you really should be making playoffs.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
21:50 Tue 3 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
haha i know, i concentrated on the cup final too much though, rested players 3/4 weeks prior to it, i was paranoid hahaha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:11 Fri 6 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't have the patience for this game anymore
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
20:38 Fri 6 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hahah i just got back into it, started liverpool save 9 wins 1 draw 1 loss, still in league cup quarter not started FA Cup yet
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:21 Fri 6 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Anyone wanna chuck me some help?

Whenever I find a good tactic, it always gets figured out in a few games and it just turns ineffective. I refuse to believe that you have to change tactics every 4/5 games. What should I do?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:40 Fri 6 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Haha, I always go 4-5-1 with varying shapes in the midfield.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
03:47 Sat 7 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i have 3 tactics that i rotate in cup games and against struggling teams, main tactic is 4-3-1-2 with 2 wingers and both full backs on support..............i have also somehow managed to get liverpool playing like barcelona, short passing etc. but sean yes i would advise rotating tactics, but i wouldnt d it against strong teams because it affects familiarity levels
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:08 Sun 8 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
- Season Update - (December)
League - midtable, Home form I can't lose, away form I can't win. In other words, i'm doing a Fulham of recent times.

Carling Cup - Lost 1/4 finals at Arsenal on Pens.

Fa Cup - Due to play Bolton (Championship) in the 3rd round.

Champions League - Group already decided with 1 game left. Madrid have won and I'm guaranteed 2nd after a double over Sporting. Fenebahce at home will rest a number of players.

Highest goalscorer in League has 3 goals lol, (2 people) 1 of them is my 18 year old Striker. :L Far from perfect in the League but have had a good few of thr big teams away already.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
21:47 Sun 8 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
sounds like good progress but for the league, i have severly lost form now 9 from top and only just beat watord in league cup semi............

just wondering how long does it take you lot to finish a season because my friend takes around 12 hours, but i take like 40 hours and i want to know how he does its so fast
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:02 Tue 10 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Up to 6th now after 26 games. Only a point off of 4th after a good run of form. (4 wins in a row)

Chelsea are 12th (:L)

Fulhams record reads 1 W/ 1 D/ 24 L

Athletico Madrid to come in the last 16 of the CL. with Spurs to come in the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Nice to be listed as a Legend too.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
02:36 Wed 11 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
anybody tell me how to progress through the game quickly???? dont want to take 2 weeks to do one season, my friend did a championship season in a day, dont know how
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:41 Wed 11 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think my game glitched lol. I lost 2-0 at home to Athletic first leg. Game was tight and they edged infront, then caught us on the break late on for 2-0.

Then over at their place was 1-1 at Half-time so I just told the players to go for it. Within 3 minutes was 2-1 (3-2 down on aggregate) Then I went to other room for a sec came back and it was 4-1 lol so I led 4-3 on aggregate but on the game timeline there were no icons showing goals scored but there were the goalscorers and minutes on the split view. Eventually it ended 5-2 on the night for me to go through 5-4 on aggregate but if we go by the goals I actually saw (Or could see the game simulator score) it should have been 2-2 (4-2 loss on aggregate) It's like they had Tv problems and missed the action lol. But hey-ho can't complain about being put through to the quarters haha!

Oh..and also this in the League...
Swindon 3-1 Liverpool(OG)
Salisbury - 74
Forrest - 77, 79

About 65 minutes I bought Salisbury and Forrest of the bench, inspired substitution! (also, it was Forrest who got the assist for Salisbury)
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
02:50 Thu 12 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
reinstalling football manager because i could not load or save a new game :/

hope it works ths time wont be happy if it doesnt!
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
19:01 Thu 12 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
starting a Cheltenham Town FC game, will try to get them to the prem, but my realistic target is championship football by 2015/16 season

any tactical advice to keep a good defensive record?
mich
mich
23:07 Thu 12 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
4 at the back and a solid DM
4 in the middle and a lone striker...

This obviously will make your attacking less effective.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:40 Thu 12 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Just won the league with Sunderland after my second season.

Highly recommend people to buy Yaya Sanogo, he just scores for fun, and also try and sign Sigurdsson as he's another fantastic CM/CAM.

I think my tactic just pretty much does the job for me rather than the players. 4-2-3-1 with 3 forwards (2 who can play AM and a poacher up front), a good midfielder going forward and a good DM, then just 4 decent defenders.

I needed a win over Liverpool who were 2nd to win the league and I won 6-1 I also beat Man Utd 4-0 at Old Trafford and Man City 5-2 at the Etihad. Also managed to beat Everton 3-0 at the Goodison, if you've seen Sunderland's record against Everton you'll see why I think that is a good achievement.

Think I've come across a real gem of a tactic here...
mich
mich
23:43 Thu 12 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
A lot of computer teams use that tactic too, it is really good.

Nice achievement also! Shame it was us you won the league against!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:54 Thu 12 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Honestly it's absolutely class haha.

And I really do recommend Yaya Sanogo for any team, even the likes of Man U or Liverpool (as I imagine you are Mich). Andy Carroll is really annoyingly good for Liverpool on FM even though we all know he's not in real life

Here's his record for me:

Posted Image

And that was just his league goals, he scored over 60 for me in the whole season. If you can't really see it, it's 38 in 27 league appearances.

Here's my team and formation:

Posted Image

Would highly recommend using classic formations if you can.

EDIT: How do I get the pictures to work? Got it working now it's stupidly small Got it

Edited at 21:06 Thu 12/04/12 (BST)
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football manager 2012

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.