The Masters 2012

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:15 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Today the best snooker tourney of the year will start and no topic yet on a snooker site......
Have a look at the flyer following the link
http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/3b/98/0,,13165~170043,00.pdf
Tonight students night...maybe an option to have a (cheap) look over there.
Draw:
Sunday 15 Jan
1330 GMT:
Ding Junhui (Chn) v Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng)
1900:
Mark Williams (Wal) v Stephen Maguire (Sco)

Monday 16 Jan
1230:
Judd Trump (Eng) v Stuart Bingham (Eng)
1900:
Shaun Murphy (Eng) v Martin Gould (Eng)

Tuesday 17 Jan
1230:
John Higgins (Sco) v Matthew Stevens (Wal)

1900:
Neil Robertson (Aus) v Mark Allen (NI)

Wednesday 18 Jan
1230:
Mark Selby (Eng) v Stephen Lee (Eng)
1900:
Ali Carter (Eng) v Graeme Dott (Sco)

Please mention in this topic match predictions, reviews and your favourites.

Think its so difficult to name a favourite as here are the best 16 players present....form of the week will be decisive. Really hope again for an fast playing attacking lefthander (Trump, Allen, Rovertson, MJ Williams) although Williams is not that quick around the table.....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:56 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
As always it's very difficult to make a prediction, I'll have to agree with you on that this is a snooker site, but so few people seem to be interested in real snooker action and discussing it...

My favourite players are Ronnie, Neil Robertson and Judd Trump so I would like one of them to win it

However, I'll have to disagree with you that this is the best snooker tourney of the year, because the best snooker tourney is the World Snooker Championship hands down against absolutely no competition! It's like comparing the football World Cup with the first division of Bulgarian league in that aspect!!! No disrespect to Bulgaria LOL!!
i_am_god
i_am_god
14:59 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
id like to see Wiliams so well, but im a Robertson fan and want him to go on and win it. Where is Stephen Hendry... tears in my eyes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:02 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What about Barry Pinches. What a legend, haven't seen him for many yrs!!
adam_147
adam_147
16:54 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wow, anyone see that long red that was tight on the cushion that ronny potted at about 500mph? I can't pot those on orig on here with an aimer haha.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:04 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
sure did haha, i was like whattttttttttt?

i miss them too
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Sun 15 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hope the Juddernaught adds another title to his fast growing collection of trophies
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:14 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
@ Susp, i agree with you that WC is the best snooker tourney, however im always very curious if the "best" 16 players meet in this event.
Yesterday, Ronnie kicked out Ding, especially enjoyed last frame with that 125 break (should have been 132 though). Evening match between MJ Williams and Maguire on fire was a bit dissapointing; no centuries made but overall Williams was the best.
Today Trump-Bingham and Murphy-Gould (local here of Grae )
Put my money on Trump and Murphy, tomorrow battle of the lefthanders...Allen vs Robertson.

Where do you guys watch these games? Eurosport is broadcasting alot snooker in Holland...prefer BBC comments though.
damee
damee
11:53 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Williams and Maguire wasn't the highest standard ever seen, but it was an interesting match to watch either way!

Williams just seemed so relaxed around the table, he wouldn't a bad bet for the title at all.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:17 Mon 16 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
harold_ said:
Where do you guys watch these games? Eurosport is broadcasting alot snooker in Holland...prefer BBC comments though.

When I'm trying to access the BBC stream there's a message ''Not available in your territory'', so I have to watch them in Eurosport.

I'm a huge fan of John Virgo commentary, so this frustrates me a bit, but you can't have everything
g_k
g_k
01:29 Tue 17 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Harold, you were right with your prediction so many gloomy faces at my local tonight
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:48 Tue 17 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Martin Gould started very well in the first frame...after that one Shaun Murphy was simply the better player...nothing wrong with that. Martin could have had one more frame i think.
Today the interesting battle of the powerful lefthanders; Allen-Robertson. Next thursday the cracker....O'Sullivan-Trump, dont expect many safeties here.......
A pity i miss this match because of a skie holiday.....how could i have planned that in this week ??
m_wood
m_wood
18:26 Thu 19 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Trump 6-2 Ronnie...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:19 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ronnie's 141 clearance @ 5-1 down looked like a swan song to me...
adam_147
adam_147
03:32 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
trump had a long stay at the top of the high break table lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:03 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ronnie will be back he has been written off more times than rocky balboa :D just like phil taylor in darts ... ronnie will be back to his best do you forget his practicing partner is judd trump .... they know each others games come on give the guy a break the past two tournies he has played in he lost to the eventual champion at the uk now looks likely trump will win this one is that such a bad thing to lose to ? but then again that john higgins is still there and did anyone see the black he potted into middle bag off the spot yesterday lol ? was a class shot :D
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:00 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ronnie will never be back to his best thats a fact, he doesn't practice no where near enough anymore because he wants to spend more time with his kids, and won't be entering tournaments all around the world anymore either due to that reason.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:32 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah, Ronnie will never win another world title, hurts to say it, but there are more than 10 players that are better than him now a days, and he hates it, i dont think it will be long before he actually does retire.
g_k
g_k
21:05 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm torn between the two sides, like Matt says, I am positive Ronnie has it in him to win another title, but I also agree that he has, at the moment, other things on his mind. so I think it would have to be now or never as if you stay out too long, you get left out !
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
21:37 Fri 20 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
it will be a shame when ronnie retires, he doesnt just play snooker, he Entertains when he does play it, hes nuts thats why hes good to watch, and the snooker he plays!

but am liking trump, got alot of talent but never be no where near ronnie when he can be bothered
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Masters 2012

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.