Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
mich
mich
11:40 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
ill_be_there said:
true, but wouldnt celtic and ranger benefit more from premier league, or even english football, one because of sponsors coming in, tv etc, and also attracting more pleayers who might not want to play in scotland?

Just letting you know... they would still be in Scotland.

And not every Premier league team gets £50m the Premier League get so much money which they share to the clubs on a basis of how much they will be on T.V.

So for example United would get quite a bit more than Wigan.

But yeah I agree with what Seba said somewhere we should have financial rules like the German league, every league should have that in place.
mrmagic
mrmagic
Admin
16:05 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What financial rules do they have in the German leagues?
damee
damee
16:44 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
timpark said:
why do some of you say we have only two credible teams up here,
englands e.p.l untill recently had only 2 in with a chance of winning there league i.e asrenal ,man utd,

now they have 4 adding spurs and man city.

with 2 more going for the europa league chelsea and liverpool.
the rest are also rans whos main priorty is not to get relegated

I'm struggling to find one thing right with this post to be honest!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:46 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most important is the way ownership works. Nobody is allowed to have more than 49% of the shares. All clubs must be at least 51% fan-owned (meaning nobody can come in and artificially build a team from scratch with hundreds of millions from Dubai. This means that no club is dependent on the sponsorship of foreign investors, who look at clubs as their little toys.

The licensing system is also one of the strictest- Man City (and the majority of premier league clubs) would not receive a license with the kind of debt they have. Every club undergoes a checkup twice every season that considers whether financial, structural, organizational guidelines have been met in the short term and the long term. No club is allowed to buy Andy Carroll for 35 million, when they're still deep in debt.

Another difference is where a lot of the money comes from- English clubs get something like 50% from TV money. That means the Premier League will have to depend on another huge contract being signed. In times of an economic downturn, they could potentially face a big cut. Whether that happens or not, the Premier League is very dependent on this source of income. (and what happens when UEFA financial fair play rules kick in?)
In Germany, club income is roughly evenly divided between TV money, matchday profit, and sponsorship.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:47 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh, and tickets are much cheaper, leading to an average attendance this season of 44,700 compared to England's 34,500 (still better than Spain at 27,400 or Italy at 22,500).
si123
si123
17:53 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
See I disagree with the German rules!

I've been going Stoke for like 16 years and I love them, but I disagree with the club been owned 51% by Fans that's stupid I want a guy at the top who knows what he's doing with alot of money behind him for example Peter Coates!

Second on the debt why shouldn't you be allowed buy a footballer when your in debt? You got a mortgage on your house that's debt they let you re-mortgage don't they to accumulate more debt? And aslong as they pay it off who cares how much they owe etc!

And to top off there's a reason we got voted the best League in the world for the fact it's perfect if the Geman league was so amazing then don't you think it would be more popular?

Money rules everything, I like how much revenue our Football Leagues produce I like the fact Rooney is on 250k a week because i'm sure if we got offered the same you wouldn't reply with 'Nah give me 10k that's to much money'

And just to top of with your prices, who cares? United get 70,000+ a week who all pay £50 they don't care I pay £400 for a season ticket I don't care if we cared about the price we wouldn't go!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:40 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
si123 said:
if the Geman league was so amazing then don't you think it would be more popular?
Judging by attendance- it is

But internationally, of course the Premier League is more popular- you buy all the best players at ridiculous prices with financially unsustainable models.
si123 said:
Money rules everything, I like how much revenue our Football Leagues produce I like the fact Rooney is on 250k a week because i'm sure if we got offered the same you wouldn't reply with 'Nah give me 10k that's to much money'
I'm not blaming the players, I'm blaming the entire league. You can only finance these sorts of salaries and transfer fees with financially irresponsible and, in the long-term, unsustainable business models. Clubs can do this because there are no rules! No German club has ever gone into administration. There's a reason... money still rules a lot, but not nearly as much as in England.

English clubs are just hoping that the UEFA fair play rules aren't implemented correctly...

si123 said:
And just to top of with your prices, who cares? United get 70,000+ a week who all pay £50 they don't care I pay £400 for a season ticket I don't care if we cared about the price we wouldn't go!
You're lucky enough to be able to afford prices like that. These ticket prices just mean that it moves further and further away from being available to the average fan. Why would you ever support that?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:45 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
This was an article from 2010, when Man Utd played Bayern in the Champions League. It sums it up fairly well:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8589872.stm
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:49 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
And while not Premier League, look at the reason this thread was created in the first place- can't happen in Germany. I can't see how that's not something to strive for.
mich
mich
18:53 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
While I suport what you're saying... you need to start using edit post...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:56 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Because of one additional post?
mich
mich
18:58 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
3 posts in a row is a bit much...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:58 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The first one had no characters left to add anything else......
mich
mich
19:00 Wed 8 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Suppose I can let you off then... just this once.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:28 Tue 14 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
daraghhh said:
hahaha hope they go haha orange nackers

CMON THE BHOYS!<3

Was there really any need for that bigoted comment?
m_wood
m_wood
01:40 Tue 14 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
So Rangers look like they are going into Administration, with a 10 point penalty...

thing is.. they owe the HR over £49 Million.......

The HR spent £8 million chasing Harry Redknapp for £170 grand odd case.

HR. What a joke.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:04 Tue 14 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
m_wood said:
So Rangers look like they are going into Administration, with a 10 point penalty...

thing is.. they owe the HR over £49 Million.......

The HR spent £8 million chasing Harry Redknapp for £170 grand odd case.

HR. What a joke.

Could actually be £75m if you add other potential penalties. Plus the £18m we owe Whyte for transfering the bank debt to his company, plus the £24m we owe Ticketus for selling partial season tickets over 4 years. Plus the £10m blackhole in operating costs each year. In short, we're screwed
m_wood
m_wood
03:09 Tue 14 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well your man in charge said everyone thinks its £49 million but its alot more so yeah... Rangers are in dire straights as Blondie (Timpark) put it....

just goes to show, what do Rangers get, 40 thousand fans at Ibrox? And they have little impact on contributing anything with ticket sales... scary.
si123
si123
03:50 Tue 14 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some facts Seb got wrong:

Top 4 teams who make the most money match day and how it's devided:

1) Real Madrid (Matchday) 30% (Broadcasting) 36% )Commercial) 34%

2)FC Barcelona (Matchday) 25% (Broadcasting) 44% )Commercial) 31%

3)Manchester United (Matchday) 35% (Broadcasting) 37% )Commercial) 38%

Bayern Munich (Matchday) 21% (Broadcasting) 26% )Commercial) 53%

So Manchester United/Madrid are the more even teams

Munich make all their money of sponsorship that is why the German league has the biggest paid sponsorship in any league in the world they also make more money from Commercial than any other team in the world with 172.9mil Euro Madrid Second with 150mil Euro then Barca with 122mil Euro

All the stats I have found are on:

http://www.deloitte.com/view/en_GB/uk/industries/sportsbusinessgroup/sports/football/deloitte-football-money-league-2011/66f55ec578ffd210VgnVCM2000001b56f00aRCRD.htm#1

Was rather intresting aswel to be honest
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:32 Tue 14 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
m_wood said:
Well your man in charge said everyone thinks its £49 million but its alot more so yeah... Rangers are in dire straights as Blondie (Timpark) put it....

just goes to show, what do Rangers get, 40 thousand fans at Ibrox? And they have little impact on contributing anything with ticket sales... scary.

That was the initial figure. It would be more if it was allowed to drag on for years, what with appeals ect

We just about break even in operating costs if we get Champions League money. That's why Whyte had to sell season tickets to Ticketus
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Rangers FC in crisis

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.