Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
si123
si123
05:40 Wed 15 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just found out:

When the two clubs were founded there was no Welsh league. These were two big football clubs in cities with sizeable populations. The only option was to go into the English League system.

In 1992 the League of Wales was created and the Welsh clubs in the English league system (Swansea, Cardiff, Wrexham, Newport, Colwyn Bay and Merthyr) were given the option of joining the Welsh premier. The league was new, unstable, entirely amateur and created in a messy way (terrible organisation lead to random teams being chosen for the league and much difficulty in funding the new league).

The option's always there for these clubs to join the league of Wales'

From what I gather aswel you had the oportunity to come into the league but the EPL just took a massive dive in 2002 and you chose to stay there, also the whole EPL voted you didn't move with the rest of SPL saying you can't go! But I read in 2002 you had the chance and both decided against it (Only got snipits from different googled sites don't know how true this is but sounds about right)
baff
baff
Admin
09:12 Wed 15 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Thread name changed at Broxi's request - after all, Rangers are not really deceased.. just in difficulty.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:05 Fri 17 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
timpark
timpark
06:42 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Q..what is 3 feet long,and got 4 legs and has more money than rangers

A...harry rednapps dog

AT the rangers v kilmarnock game on saturday someone threw a pound coin at the referee,

poilce are not sure if it was an assault or a take over bid
timpark
timpark
06:48 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
baff said:
Thread name changed at Broxi's request - after all, Rangers are not really deceased.. just in difficulty.

tbh if you were to ask any one with half a brain are rangers in "crisis" you would get laughed at as the situation is a lot worse than crisis

the 10 point deduction in points matters not a jot in the title race as celtic would win it anyway, but in real terms it kills"deceased" rangers title hopes.

if by the end of march they are still in liquidation and they finish second in the league there european hopes are killed off aswell meaning no euro football for rangers ,,,rangers need somesort of euro tourney to survive..and if that is gone then they are DECEASED
timpark
timpark
06:52 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
AND i will throw in this wee bombshell....the HMRC big tax case has already been lost hence the big rush to go into administration the other day..i was told this by a reliable sorce

the verdict has a date to be revelled but the decision has been made,,watch this space

and a wee bit of cleverdick"id,ness on my part

the top 4 in the SPL are
4 Hearts
3 Motherwell
2 Rangers
1 Celtic

look at the first letter of each team it reads HMRC

Edited at 04:55 Mon 20/02/12 (GMT)
si123
si123
06:54 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Just get rid of them now!

Fed up of people pretending they are a 'big' club! SPL contain the only football clubs ever where you go through their team and think 'I wouldn't have you for free' It's a sham get more excitment watching Stafford Rangers in the Blue Sq Confrence get >1000 a match but have got more money!

Got to love none league football
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:14 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
si123 said:
Just get rid of them now!

how would you feel if your club was in the same situation? its easy to say get rid of them etc but if stoke was in the situation Rangers is in would you say the same thing? if so then fair play

by the way i don't support any team in football (maybe Brazil in world cup but thats it)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:15 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
They will be fine.. The SPL need Rangers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:15 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
buzologist said:

I like your optimism but i dont think they will be pal
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:35 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im a Rangers fan myself.. have been since i was a little boy, was bought up in Scotland.

Can you see the SPL being a competitive league without Rangers, no chance.

Rangers are a much bigger club than Celtic, Celtic will just runaway with the title every season, they will try there damn hardest to keep them going
timpark
timpark
19:20 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
buzologist said:
Im a Rangers fan myself.. have been since i was a little boy, was bought up in Scotland.

Can you see the SPL being a competitive league without Rangers, no chance.

Rangers are a much bigger club than Celtic, Celtic will just runaway with the title every season, they will try there damn hardest to keep them going

rangers are much bigger than celtic?explain please

celtic must be in dire straits if that is the case..lol
timpark
timpark
19:31 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
buzologist said:

why does the spl need rangers?

they never paid hearts for a player
they never paid dundee utd 100 thousand pounds in gate money
the havent paid killmarnock"i think it is" thousands of pounds .
their fans wreck cities
they have just ripped there own fans off of 24 million in season ticket money.
the sfa are conducting a investigation as we speak in to numourous rule breaks involvin rangers

a dossier is in the hands of the police over craig whytes involement in the takeover of rangers
The list is long and varied over the shady dealings of rangers fc
they are an embarrassment to scottish football all over the world
Scotlands shame
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:37 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:47 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Most successful team in Scotish football history, and always will be

Screw Cetic, scum bags
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:54 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The SPL certainly do need Rangers but they deserve to be where they are, they've got thereself in the mess, without rangers there would be no challenge at all for Celtic the league is that poor.

I agree Celtic fans are scum, you only have to look at the videos of them on youtube singing and shouting through a minutes silence, disgraceful.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:39 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Every football team has its bad bad bad supporters.....as long as there is drink.....there will be violence etc
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:46 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Can you imagine the SPL without the Old Firm ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:50 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
If Rangers went under, instantly Celtic would be affected. What player would be attracted with a move to Celtic with no Old Firm Derby? Attendances will drop and the automatic champions league spot taken away. Revenue from sponsorship and TV deals would also decrease.

Careful what you wish for Celtic fans
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
22:51 Mon 20 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
tbh the spl is no better than the championship!
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Rangers FC in crisis

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.