Get well soon Muamba

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
jack_pot
jack_pot
19:24 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Whats that got to do with this thread about the recovery of Fabrice Muamba?

Think he's trying to say that Petrov won't get half the attention that Muamba has received.

Obviously he won't. Not because people like or dislike him more or less than Muamba... But because Muamba collapsed on the football pitch on live television... There's bound to be more media attention for him than for Petrov getting Leukaemia.
m_wood
m_wood
19:32 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
^^ Exactly.
Fabrice was dieing before our eyes, Petrov has an illness.
Anybody with a brain could work that one out...
m_wood
m_wood
19:36 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Posted Image

Good to see Fabrice smiling again!

And it is good that this has happened because it has made people more aware about heart problems and how we can be born with one and not about it.

Awareness
samj147
samj147
19:37 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I never thought he would have seen the next day. Quite incredible really.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:45 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Derry, you are becoming more miserable and cynical than me in real life .

Good to see Muamba on the mend, now lets hope Stilliyan can battle through with his Lukemia.

By all accounts, he's a good lad.
cue_power
cue_power
19:46 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol, maybe your blind as well as stupid Woody...

I did actually state the difference between Muamba, as he collasped.

You really are a mug.

My point was people like yourself, come out and are like ohhh Muamba Muamba my little baby cakes <3 I love you I hope you live.

Really you dont give a monkeys nut. You are just so weak and so easily manipulated by popular media stories. Like all these Kony prats etc.

Think what your doing is actually benficial when really you are just sourcing this information for the wrong reasons.

But you do not realise this.
m_wood
m_wood
19:50 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Coming from the guy who is crying coz Chelsea have to play at 6pm... Haha good one.

What is wrong with wishing support upon somebody who is seriously ill and whom is making a good recovery? Do you have a problem with this?
cue_power
cue_power
19:54 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Not going to argue with someone so beneath me.

Do I have a problem? You don't need my permission so shh.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:54 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
There's nothing we need to do to help Muamba. He's in good hands and I'm glad he's recovering. Wishing support to any young man who has had a tragic accident can't be wrong can it?

Same goes to Petrov.
m_wood
m_wood
19:58 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Somebody needs their bot bot

Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:58 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Anyway, Wood when are you getting back on the real football thread? Forest are winning games now and Liverpool are crap. I'd have thought you'd be in gloating by now?
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
20:00 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Jesus never seen someone with such an attitude towards so many people, you really do love yourself cue_power - Pathetic
jack_pot
jack_pot
20:03 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  

Like all these Kony prats etc.

I support the whole Kony 2012 movement.. Why wouldn't you? It's a positive campaign.. I might be a prat but I wouldn't say it's because of the fact I support Kony 2012.
m_wood
m_wood
20:03 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
LOL 2good am i missed I havent posted a single message since that thread was created you know. I did well not to post during the Racism row jeez
cue_power
cue_power
20:11 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Thats a tad insensative Bluenose?

Luckily for me I couldnt care of your existance or what you have to say as you hold less meaning to me than a maggot.

Could do without you in this world, thats how insignificant you are *Smiley face*.

Lol Jack, fair play to some people supporting the Kony act... but I disagree with far to many aspects of the campaign to agree with it.

Cant stand that 200 of my facebook friends have been attending protest parties, when a good 50% of them couldnt care less. They just go with the flow as it trends. 25% of them are completely racists/sexist/vulgore... which defeats the purpose of the whole thing anyway.

However, some people who feel strongly about it and support it, I take my hat off to.

Too many fakes and snakes though..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:21 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I havent posted a single message since that thread was created you know. I did well not to post during the Racism row jeez

Yeah I thought you'd be on that like a fly round turd.

Derry you think the same way I do and I hear what you are saying.

It was the same with Maddelaine McCann. A daughter of a doctor and a lawyer whos child went missing. Front page news all year. Meanwhile thousands of people have gone missing in the UK who didn't get a look in.

Edited at 17:27 Fri 30/03/12 (BST)
samj147
samj147
20:37 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I completely agree that alot of people just don't care but pretend to. I don't really care for the whole Kony campaign, although if they can stop him then that's great. When things like Sports Relief are on TV I have no problem with them helping the world but it doesn't keep me awake at night thinking about poverty. But when you watch a footballer collapse and at serious risk of dying in front of your own eyes it's hard not to care. I don't understand your problem with people wishing him well tbh.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:42 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't like the premise that we shouldn't care unless something personally affects our daily life.
Why shouldn't we care about child soldiers in Africa? Why shouldn't we care about a young football player having a heart attack? Will it change my life if he dies or lives? Probably not (although when a few of these events happened in the US a few years ago, I went to get my heart checked, so maybe).
Yet, I genuinely hope that Muamba and Petrov get better, I genuinely hope that the issue of child soldiers can be successfully fought, and I genuinely hope that Steve Jobs's family deals well with his loss.
Does that make me a prat?

The way you attack people that think differently than you derry, tends to not come over so well. You should always show them respect even if they disagree.
cue_power
cue_power
21:01 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Stiliyan Petrov of Aston Villa has just be diagnosed with Leukaemia...

But I guess he didnt collapse on a football pitch...

sarahh
sarahh
21:11 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
why are you all arguing bout bout people that are very ill . we should before wishing them a speedy recovery .
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Get well soon Muamba

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.