Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:16 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree with Sarahh hahah

there both very ill.. i pray for them both,
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:45 Fri 30 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't like the premise that we shouldn't care unless something personally affects our daily life.
Why shouldn't we care about child soldiers in Africa? Why shouldn't we care about a young football player having a heart attack? Will it change my life if he dies or lives? Probably not (although when a few of these events happened in the US a few years ago, I went to get my heart checked, so maybe).
Yet, I genuinely hope that Muamba and Petrov get better, I genuinely hope that the issue of child soldiers can be successfully fought, and I genuinely hope that Steve Jobs's family deals well with his loss.
Does that make me a prat?

Yes

I fully agree with what you are saying mate.

What I would add though is there are people out there who care more about Fabrice Muamba than poverty which kills 1000s of people a day.

At the end of the day, every life matters equally as far as I am concerned.

Due to the media coverage of Muamba the whole world knew about it and were praying. If only they afforded similar amount of time to needless starvation going on around the world then the world would be a better place.

Instead we see very little of it and therefore we can go about our lives in blissful ignorrance.
cue_power
cue_power
01:41 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Do you not see the adverts in America?

1 child days every 4 seconds...

But as you said guys, Muamba collasped before us so ovbiously he is more important.

Muamba "Why did you stop the game? Did we win?"

Yes he has had a tragic incident, I was watching the game you no...

But he (just like myself) makes less a deal of it than a lot of you and many others do.

Of course I want him to be okay. But for thousands of other people who die from these heart conditions... they dont get threads on funkysnooker.

I was just stating that all of you doNOTHING whatsoever to help Muamba, prevent poverty or help anyone really. So why do you all feel the need to discuss it and wish him well? Are you in fear? Do you think that by pretending to care about an ill person bad things wont happen to you?

If you really want to help, become a doctor, donate to charity and help people cross the street when in need. Dont post on funkysnooker because its a hot topic. Its quite frankly disturbing.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:56 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Why do you discuss Chelsea's games?? Do you score the goals for them? Do you influence the referees when you talk about them?
No, so don't put that on threads- it's quite frankly disturbing.

See how silly that sounds?

Quite a lot of people regularly give to charity. Everyone who pays taxes contributes to foreign aid- English people through DFID, Germans through the GIZ, Americans through USAID, etc.
So yes, almost every single person contributes to this whether they like it or not.
The majority of English citizens also pay for the health services, which are currently taking care of Muamba. He thanks you very much.

Why can't people talk about what shocks them or what they care about? I can talk about pink unicorns if I feel like it lol. Nobody should be slating someone else for their use of freedom of expression (to put it in dramatic words lol).

edit: What in the world makes you think no one on this thread gives to charity???

Edited at 22:59 Fri 30/03/12 (BST)
jack_pot
jack_pot
02:01 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Can't actually believe you just said all of that Cue_power.
I appreciate that you clearly have your views and opinions, and I respect them, but the way you express those views and opinions is just disrespectful and quite childish.

Wishing somebody well isn't making a "big deal" out of something.. It's simply wishing somebody to get better... You sound as if anybody that wishes him well is, I quote, "in fear"??? That's a bizarre thing to say..

The fact you think everybody who wishes him well is just "pretending to care" is nothing short of pathetic.

As for "Muamba collasped before us so ovbiously he is more important. ". That's completely untrue and you seem to have totally misunderstood the reasons as to why everybody is talking about him..It's not because he's more important that anyone else who's suffering, he collapsed on live television, you said yourself you watched it... The media will naturally pick up on that as it's a very rare thing to have happen.. And as a result, it becomes the new "hot topic". We (the whole world), as humans like to discuss hot topics.. That's nothing new, it's just how people are..

You seem to have real hatred towards anybody wishing Muamba well, just because the same people aren't wishing everybody else suffering in the world well at the same time??

Do you expect people to make a list of millions of people suffering and wish them all better? Or simply ignore the fact that Muamba collapsed?
mich
mich
02:38 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I think what Derry and Mike are trying to say begins with F and rhymes with truck the media.

I can see where they are both coming from, someone has a heart attack at a game shown on tv, and he gets more publicity (not sure publicity is the word I wanted but couldn't choose between that and media coverage) than someone who has an equally dangerous illness in the same profession.

The media put what they want into the minds of people and basically brainwash them, they have done it with all this Kony rubbish, yet if you read other reports from closer to home this Kony geezer hasn't been there for the past couple of years. *confused much* Our media like to brainwash people, it is simple.

HOWEVER I do think it was a bit harsh the way Derry come out all guns blazing, I would like to wish the 2 players a speedy recovery, but I wouldn't say "Oh pray 4 muamba" blah blah blah I barely pray when I want something or need something or when my own family are ill why would I do it for some random guy I don't know?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:43 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, but isn't it up to each individual what they pray for or whether they do? Nobody is forcing anyone to join in.
mich
mich
02:49 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
No one said it isn't did they?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:55 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
"So why do you all feel the need to discuss it and wish him well? Are you in fear? Do you think that by pretending to care about an ill person bad things wont happen to you?"
Some more quotes about "prats" etc...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:06 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The majority of English citizens also pay for the health services, which are currently taking care of Muamba. He thanks you very much.Edited at 22:59 Fri 30/03/12 (BST)

Not quite relevant to the rants but.... seriously Muamba on the NHS lol. That like seeing Richard Branson at the chippy
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:07 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The emergency services are not funded by taxes you mean? Must be different to our system then, my fault.
jack_pot
jack_pot
03:10 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
they have done it with all this Kony rubbish, yet if you read other reports from closer to home this Kony geezer hasn't been there for the past couple of years.

Sorry to pick up on this because it's off-topic, but I just had to.
Just because he hasn't been in Uganda for a couple of years does that make what he did OK?
If I went out a stabbed someone, and got away with it for 2 years, (it's actually more like 6 years), would that mean I don't deserve to be arrested? I think not, lol...

Anyway, this whole thread is going way off.. It's a thread to wish Muamba well, so if anyone has an issue with that, maybe contact Nick, and don't bother posting here.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:11 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
The emergency services are not funded by taxes you mean? Must be different to our system then, my fault.

He wont be knocking about a ward with Mrs Jones from 42 Mapel Street... Put it that way.
mich
mich
03:25 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
To Jack as you said, they are reporting stuff now that happened 6 years ago, yes he may be a very very bad man but why bother telling us 6 years later? Just find him and lock him up or whatever they do out there.

Seb, no one said no one is entited to their own thoughts, Derry just went a bit over the top with his opinion, by slating everyone whose opinion is different.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:28 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  

He wont be knocking about a ward with Mrs Jones from 42 Mapel Street... Put it that way.

He's been treated at Bart's hospital in London mate... Which is where my girlfriend's grandad was also treated... So he might be you know lol
jack_pot
jack_pot
03:29 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
To Jack as you said, they are reporting stuff now that happened 6 years ago, yes he may be a very very bad man but why bother telling us 6 years later? Just find him and lock him up or whatever they do out there.

Invisible Children has been an organisation since 2004.. They've been trying to get him arrested since then.. Don't assume that just because their campaign has suddenly gained popularity, that they weren't previously doing anything about it.

Anyway, this ain't the thread for Kony talk lol.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:31 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
no one said no one is entited to their own thoughts, Derry just went a bit over the top with his opinion, by slating everyone whose opinion is different.
Part of being entitled to your own thoughts is not getting attacked for them.
mich
mich
04:20 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
No matter your opinion someone will always disagree and occasionally there will be things said.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:33 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Absolutely true, except there were no opinions involved on this thread. People were wishing him well. Then someone came and attacked/criticized them for it.
adam_147
adam_147
04:40 Sat 31 Mar 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Everyone is entitled to wish someone well and not be attacked for it. Equally anyone is entitled to say that they don't agree with that and not be attacked for it.

There is one thing that does bug me however, which is the number of people I know to be atheists posting "pray for muamba" on various things. Religion doesn't work by going "I don't believe there is a higher power(s)" except when something bad happens when suddenly you want there to be. As a Christian myself, that attitude drives me mad. Saying "get well soon" though is a completely different matter
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Get well soon Muamba

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.