League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15960
joeyy
joeyy
03:40 Wed 10 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
also if a deadline day time after 9pm is agreed by both clans this supersedes the deadline day rule
sorry I ran out of space

(please see main bulk on previous page)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:53 Fri 12 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Killer
1) the issue of deliberate fouling, those who play regularly know about this rule, but those who are new to clan killer wouldn't necessarily therefore clarification of this under clan league rules should be amended.

2) deadline day killer rules really need amending as clans could take advantage of the current set of rules to gain a huge advantage over their opponents.

currently the rules state on deadline day at 9pm any players from either clan can play in the killer. If one clan has a large amount of players on a Sunday night this is a massive advantage as "any number of players" could mean all 12 if the opponents only have 3 online, and 3 is perfectly legitimate for a clan killer game any other time, as is 2. I know clans may arrange to play earlier, but as shown this set this may not be stuck to and keep being postponed until the deadline day rule if it so suits one clan.

I recommend following amendments

If a time's agreed between two teams to play before deadline day and one fails to provide enough players on the agreed time, should the games go to deadline day, no more than equal numbers on each team should be played so 2v2 or 3v3 except if the clan has only one online in which case only 2v1 is acceptable, if clan has 0 it goes to default
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:54 Fri 12 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
If a killer game is played deadline day due to no other time being agreed by both clans,or both failing to provide sufficient players, then there must be no more than1 difference in number between each side eg 3v2

also if a deadline day time after 9pm is agreed by both clans this supersedes the deadline day rule
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:59 Fri 12 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
1) I can add "Anything goes." in the kiler section of the rules if you want. About 99% of players do not read the rules, so this will make no difference at all.

Some of your suggestions are good I think. We have to make sure that we don't over-legislate the killer games. It is very difficult for teams to arrange the killer games the way they would arrange single games. With so many people involved, there is no guarantee that your teammates will actually show up. Some teams find it easier to play at a previously specified time (the deadline time).
At the same time, the current CAN be abused. Limiting the deadline day advantage to at most a 1-player advantage would not be a bad idea.

And yes, if both sides agree, then the default time can be changed under the current system already. If both have agreed to a change in default time, simply message me so I can try to be there to verify how many players are on.

Any changes to the killer rules will only be made in the off-season. They can be discussed at any time of course.
m_wood
m_wood
17:37 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Big rethink needs to take place for the League if it is to continue

Majority of teams are struggling for players due to the downward spiral of Funky itself

Nocturnal Assassins for example last set had a team of 10... but clifton, pattie, tornado all absent... thats 7 players left
Snooker Legends last set had a team of 10.... but maximum, scotty both absent ... thats 8 players left
Dirty Dozen have a team of 11, but james, awwww, trickster, trump all inactive, team of 7

And this is a common theme for most teams. its a real struggle.

Only takes 1 or 2 more players in a team to go inactive and the team simply doesnt have enough active players to fulfl fixtures.

'So sign players'. Well thats easier said than done

If you look at, lets say "the lesser teams" of FSD and SS.... "big name players" dont join them because they are more for fun than title challengers... so they have no choice but to sign unknowns who join the team but then never play. But what other option is there.
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
18:38 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with wood the league is falling in numbers and more defaults than ever before witch ino my team is one of many reasons y but its hard for new teams to survive as the regular league players all sign for the top teams leaving teams like mine and ss to make do with whats left and lets be honest theres not alot of players out the due to funkys downword spiral.
In this set seb posted saying far to many game are going to default withch to my reply how can i do anything about it when a)i only had 8 players active b) there team had 3-4 players off 3-5 days at a time and c) i have no control over whos active or not.
The simple thing to do is fold but then thered be less teams in the league but maybe thats what needs to be done i dunno my opinion
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:10 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
For the specific case in this fixture set, I singled out FSD and ShS because they got all their games played against one opponent, but left a number of defaults in the games against each other.

In general, it's a completely valid point, which is why it's always a very big achievement to survive a season as a new clan.

The only alternative I can see in the long term is to switch to a system with very few players in a clan (something like 7-8 players; 5 games in a fixture), where we would get enough solid clans to run a decent league. The current system will not work with dwindling player numbers on the site. I'm amazed that we have 7 running clans (about 70 players) when we rarely ever have more than 70 people online anymore at one time.

Another possibility is to remove clans alltogether and go with something like a doubles league (think of it like Davis Cup in tennis) or a flat-out Individuals League, like the one that was first tried this season. These options would of course mean no more clans.

We have to get the last two fixture sets of the current season completed- that can be done. After that, we have to decide how to continue.
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
23:34 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think may need to drop clan size again as it might make 1 or to more teams but bigger teams might not like droping 4 players if it happend
horse10000
horse10000
23:50 Mon 22 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I do think super league on pool with small numbers works well and I now prefer shorter games / frames to make the chances of upsets greater and a larger number of competitive clans. It also creates more teams straight away. It may well get rejected by the big clans though.
sarahh
sarahh
00:36 Tue 23 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
i think droping the numbers to 6 or 7 would be a good idea , im in favour
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
01:42 Tue 23 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I do think super league on pool with small numbers works well and I now prefer shorter games / frames to make the chances of upsets greater and a larger number of competitive clans. It also creates more teams straight away. It may well get rejected by the big clans though.
i like the idea
destroyer
destroyer
02:07 Tue 23 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think dropping numbers wouldn't be such a good idea. The amount of players in a team will have no difference on weather the players would be active or not as we know some players often leave it till the last minute to play their matches, some don't play at all.. so if that happens, the number of subs availible decreases.

Having left things how they are, I would be in favour of a new rule allowing each team, if necessary , to sign 2 subs (like an emergancy loan) to play should a normally active player, not be able to play.

Edited at 23:11 Mon 22/09/14 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:13 Tue 23 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think dropping numbers wouldn't be such a good idea. The amount of players in a team will have no difference on weather the players would be active or not as we know some players often leave it till the last minute to play their matches, some don't play at all.. so if that happens, the number of subs availible decreases.

Having left things how they are, I would be in favour of a new rule allowing each team, if necessary , to sign 2 subs (like an emergancy loan) to play should a normally active player, not be able to play.

I think at best if we wanted to keep the current format but have the lowest team then we could remove a mixed game and reduce clan size to 14 or even 12 as we would still have 6 games (excluding Killer).

I have always liked the Super League but its too easy to make a half for most players so could have like Players Championship (i think its 2 points per frame with 1 or 2 for breaks depending how high you score) or could have 1 point for frame and 1 for a century or above.

Regarding Loans we do have it for emergencies only but it is rarely used
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
11:19 Tue 23 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
only problam with loans in my case anyway u use it once ur more likley to do it again if ur a new team anyway
destroyer
destroyer
11:20 Tue 23 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

I think at best if we wanted to keep the current format but have the lowest team then we could remove a mixed game and reduce clan size to 14 or even 12 as we would still have 6 games (excluding Killer).

I have always liked the Super League but its too easy to make a half for most players so could have like Players Championship (i think its 2 points per frame with 1 or 2 for breaks depending how high you score) or could have 1 point for frame and 1 for a century or above.

Regarding Loans we do have it for emergencies only but it is rarely used

What about removing carom?? Its not exactly everyone's favorite game lol plus I'm pretty strong in mixed
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:23 Wed 24 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
only problam with loans in my case anyway u use it once ur more likley to do it again if ur a new team anyway

thats why a runner has to approve the loan
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
02:00 Wed 24 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  

thats why a runner has to approve the loan

Has that ever been done as dont rember since ive played it being used
sarahh
sarahh
02:19 Wed 24 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
well these loans wont work when all the clans are struggling with the numbers in the clans so i doubt they want be loaning out there players
joeyy
joeyy
02:31 Wed 24 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
It's definitely difficult running a clan at the moment.
I'm in favour of reducing the numbers in each team.
It would mean more teams which makes it more competitive.
Also who said each fixture had to include all types in every fixture?
Currently each team plays each other twice in all formats.
My suggestion is

Teams of 6
Each team plays each other in an 'A' and a 'B' fixture

'A' Fixtures are
1 Arcade
1 Regular
1 Original
1 Killer (3v3)

'B' Fixtures are
1 Carom
1 Power
1 Mixed
1 Killer (3v3)

All types are covered vs each team but each fixture requires fewer players and also if there are 2 fixture sets released each week everyone can get an individual and killer game.

Just a thought
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:25 Fri 26 Sep 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think after the season we should have a rethink in general about what the league should look like, not just for the next season but after that too.
Pages: 15960
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.