Euro 2012!!!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11718
jack_pot
jack_pot
23:25 Fri 22 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Lucky goal there for Germany. Well I did say they'll probably get one. Now it's down to Greece to come back with 3.
jack_pot
jack_pot
00:01 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I actually just burst out laughing...
samj147
samj147
Waiting for jackpot...
samj147
samj147
beat me too it. I guess you just knocked your drink everywhere
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Uh oh, here we go boys!
jack_pot
jack_pot
00:03 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
It's not over yet lads! Still another 2 goals for Greece to get!
jack_pot
jack_pot
00:06 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Nevermind.
jack_pot
jack_pot
00:14 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I feel sorry for Greece. By far the better team throughout this whole game and yet they're 3-1 down. Disgraceful. All of Germany's goals have been total flukes.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:03 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
That will do. NEXT
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:02 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes Reus. What a player!
m_wood
m_wood
19:39 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I did laugh when Greece equalised.

Everyones pitting the Germans as favourites, yet, lets be fair theyve had a pretty easy ride

Portugal didnt start playing till the final 20 minutes and battered them. Holland turned out to be the poorest team in the group... and Denmark is Denmark and now Greece...

Spain Vs France. Big big game. Unrest in the French camp too after a few arguments after the Sweden game yet, thats pretty normal after a rubbish performance! I really dont get why Spain leave out Torres. Its like the other night they took off Torrest and put on Navas... Navas a wide plyer, whos he gonna cross to when Torres isnt there. Del Bosque just doesnt trust him. Though Torres goal vs the Irish his 2nd one, looked like he miscontorlled it before scoring anyway. Just doesnt have the touch

I think France could actually win this, though im going for Spain... but we could have an upset if the French turn up.... or will be this the game that Spain get it together... both teams had poor final group games... lets rock n roll

Personally id love a Spain Portugal and Germany England Semi Final Line Up.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:47 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We've had an easy ride??
Portugal is now a semifinalist and played the Chelsea way against us. We shut down Ronaldo and Nani for most of the game.
One of the reasons the Netherlands turned out to be the poorest team in the group was that the rest of the teams were all good.
Denmark had also beaten Holland before we took them down.
Greece was crap, so yes, that was an easy one.
All we can do is keep beating everyone that gets in the way though.
We've now broken the record for consecutive victories in games that matter with 15 on the trot.
jack_pot
jack_pot
20:01 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
To be fair you did have an easy ride yes.
Holland were poor, not because of the other teams they had to play, but because they just didn't perform well at all. A team ranked 2nd in the world doesn't go out in the group stages unless they play rubbish, which is what happened.
Portugal are never a brilliant side to be honest. They're like England in that they have a few very good players, but when you put them all together, they're awful. As for Denmark, well, there's not much to say about them. Average team. And Greece are world class so I suppose you did well to beat them, but yes, I'd say Germany have had it very easy so far.

France have the players to beat Spain, but it's just a case of whether or not they show up. Neither team has impressed much so far, in fact I'd say the same about all teams. It's anyone's competition. Italy haven't been great, so we can and should beat them tomorrow.

Can't wait for the match tonight, I've got a feeling it'll be a good one. I hope Ben Arfa starts as well, it'll be interesting to see his skill vs the Spaniards.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:10 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
A team ranked 2nd in the world doesn't go out in the group stages unless they play rubbish, which is what happened.

i thought they was 4th in the world, pretty sure i saw that on site and Germany was 3rd?
samj147
samj147
20:20 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Netherlands just haven't played in this tournament. They've been poor in all their games. Really haven't shown their FIFA world ranking. Germany have had it easier than what it looked at the time the draw was made but they have still had to play decent football to get out of the group.

In all honesty though, whatever group they were drawn out in to they would have had it relatively easy. They are one of the strongest teams in the world. Spain v Germany would be one hell of a game, they are easily the best two teams in the world at this moment.
jack_pot
jack_pot
20:50 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
A team ranked 2nd in the world doesn't go out in the group stages unless they play rubbish, which is what happened.

i thought they was 4th in the world, pretty sure i saw that on site and Germany was 3rd?

They were runners up in the world cup so as far as I'm concerned they're ranked 2nd.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:04 Sat 23 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
But then every group is an easy ride....
Italy had a tough game with Spain (who haven't been brilliant), had a game against very poor Irish. As for Croatia, "well there's not much to say about them."
England played a France team that seemed ok, but had a terrible showing against Sweden. Sweden on the other hand are a crap side, managing to lose against Ukraine. And Ukraine have nothing going for them other than the fact that they're at home.

Is there anyone who's had it tough by these standards?

I think beating and outplaying the Netherlands and Denmark as well as breaking the Chelsea-like fortresses of Portugal and Greece is as good as we could've done.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Sun 24 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah Germany have had an easy ride. Portugal, Holland and Denmark are obviously inferior compared to France, Sweden and Ukraine.

Sarcasm.

Xabi Alonso is a footballing God. Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, Fabregas and Busquets. Best midfield in the world. They look very good indeed. Far to much for France.

They were runners up in the world cup so as far as I'm concerned they're ranked 2nd.

Well Uruguay won the Copa America (their version of the Euros) and finished 4th in the World Cup. Probably the reason why they are second.

Edited at 23:02 Sat 23/06/12 (BST)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:05 Sun 24 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Spain are brilliant at controlling the ball, but my god what a borefest that was...... it's no wonder they've won most of their games in the past few tournaments 1-0.
Two out of 5 people I was watching it with fell asleep by the 70th minute.

They really just look like a poor man's version of Barcelona. Very much hoping they get found out, whether it's by Germany or anyone else.
mich
mich
02:06 Sun 24 Jun 12 (BST)  [Link]  
I was expecting a bit of a fight from France, but every time they got the ball they just seemed not to know what to do with it and give it away. Think they only really had 1 or 2 attempts and even then they didn't really trouble the keeper.

Possibly the most boring game I have watched in this years competition, maybe I was just expecting more of a show and ended up witnessing what I only class as a training session. Neither Spain or Germany have looked particularly threatening this tournament but have both eased past their opponents (with the exception of Spain vs Italy) which is a bit sickening really.

Can't wait til either of them come up against a team who actually decides to play against them rather than just trying to stop them playing...
Pages: 11718
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Euro 2012!!!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.