Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:03 Thu 13 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i am fed up with people who leave games when you are on a high break

TINNY just done it to me again, amongst others, these people should be banned!!!!!!!!!!
tornado
tornado
14:31 Thu 13 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I AGREE!!!! !!!! !!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:42 Thu 13 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree completely.

Just happened to me, granted i wasn't on a huge break but i was goin for about a 60 or 70 but it still annoying when it happens so often

I only got 2 half centuries when it should be nearer 10!
wild_boy
wild_boy
15:04 Thu 13 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
I think that is pretty harsh due to not every one that leaves is just trying to stop you getting a high break. And you are winning the game anyway so you should be happy.
tornado
tornado
16:45 Thu 13 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah but ppl who do should b BANNED!!!
wild_boy
wild_boy
17:04 Thu 13 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
nah too harsh i reacon because how on earth are you supposed to know if they mean it or not.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:20 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
You cannot know if they left or their computer crashed or the ISP connection went down.A solution could be to dedict say 20 rank points as the probability of a computer crash on a high break is very small.I would 99 per cent are people leaving.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:45 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
i understand if peoples comps crash, but when it is the same habitual offenders it really gets on my nerves
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:43 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
soz 3 lions com crashed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
07:57 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
no prob tinny, atleast you are genuine, was just angry, 9 times people done it on the 50 ball yesterday, sorry for putting your name on here
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:05 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
well thats life
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:55 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
supermega2, your a disgrace to this site, wish they would do something about you
tornado
tornado
09:31 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah supermega, your the worst one 4 it + ur well mardy
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:43 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
wot can u do if say the phone is ringin or if u need to go to the door eh? and many ppl have done this to me too so ur not alone.
plus nick siad he would do something about this along time ago.

Edited at 15:44 Fri 14/07/06 (BST)
tornado
tornado
13:14 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
oi listen, if the phones rings or sum1 is at the door u dont quit of of a game u just get a random time limit penalty weirdo....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:54 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
yes but if im on the phone for like 15 mins there well be too many random shots and i well lose the game.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:21 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
but if u just leave it gets classed as a loss anyway doesn't it ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:41 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey hey! theres no need for arguments.

I'd say banning is a bit of an overstatement. Yes, opponents leaving on a break is annoying and frustrating, however i think a more reliable and well thought out approach should work towards better results.

Admin are finding out ways to prevent this (the abandoned game stats for example) in the best way possible.

Reliability is the main factor. There are some good points here that you have discussed that prove there are other reasons to leave a game.

1. Internet connection down resulting in opponent logging out.

2. Poor internet connection or lag preventing from opponent responding, therefore leaving no other choice but to close game.

3. Other distractions such as being late for work, or being spotted playing at school when you shouldn't be e.t.c.

Its a small possibility, but is it worth banning un-offenders for it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:33 Fri 14 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
no need to ban! and for the reasons u just gave i dont think the abandoned game stats are a good idea, because they dont give a true reflection of if you leave games when someone is on a high break, it coud be for one of the reasons above or just as a matter of habit for example when no1 is on a break and the game is over.
The simple solution is to allow people to carry on breaks when the opponent leaves until they miss, then the game ends. this would allow all those cowards to run away wheneva they have lost, without stopping the winner from continuing their break. I dont see why this hasnt been implemented yet it has been suggested so many times and is the obvious solution to this problem. surely it cant be that hard to add this feature to the game. Is there a reason why it hasnt been done?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:55 Sat 15 Jul 06 (BST)  [Link]  
nick said that was goin to be added along time ago if i remeber right.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

ban the people who leave when on a high break

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.