Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Business e-mail address.

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

mich
mich
17:14 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Right so my problem is my folks own their own business but do not currently have a e-mail address for the business. (Yes I have their permission to make this before I am questioned)

I was looking for something like myname@swiftdrinks.co.uk/.com

Swiftdrinks being the name of the business, now what I need to know is, is there anywhere you can get this done free?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:31 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I very much doubt it because of it being for business use and such services tend to clearly state that they are for personal use. However, there are several that offer e-mail and low cost domain name (a few pounds per year) which you can easily Google.
si123
si123
17:31 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes...

Go to their website i'm guessing they use Cpannel?

And there should be a option there where you can create e-mail address and all sorts

They might be limited to how many they actually can create from the Host owners but other than that, thats how it's done

----------------

Ohhh I assumed that they already owned the Domain Names hehe, just go and buy them if they don't got them already shouldnt be to costly unless they are already owned.

Edited at 14:36 Sat 21/05/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:35 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I assumed they didn't have a domain name - which is where the cost is - the email service is provided free.
si123
si123
17:39 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Also I just checked for you, swiftdrinks.com is already owned but .co.uk is available for £6 lol but then you need somebody to host the domain so it's active then you need to set up a email etc

Which as dave has stated is where the Cost is but if you look cheap enough

http://www.kualo.co.uk/webhosting/

£1.75 a month, and that will give you 10 emails and enough space to make a small site, to show off your product

Look at that Web Hosting business, it's alright they can offer you alot
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:53 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If you just want e-mail, I would check out http://freeola.com/free-email/ which provides free e-mails and you can just get the domain name from GetDotted.com if available (link on freola site) for £2.99/yr

Edit: just checked and it would be £8.99 for swiftdrinks.co.uk or £5.98 for swiftdrinks.co.me for 2 years

But these are just examples - like anything .... shop around!!

Edited at 14:59 Sat 21/05/11 (BST)
mich
mich
18:05 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ahhh where do you find the swiftdrinks.co.uk for £8.99?

Cheapest I found so far is £24 a year which is still good mind.

Just found swiftdrinks.co.uk for £5.98 for 2 years.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:10 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
http://getdotted.com/ - but it is for 2 years only it says ... what that actually means in real terms, you will have to look into ... that site also links back to the freola site for setting up the hosting.
mich
mich
18:23 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
What I am seeing is it is costing small amounts for the web domain, however for the email addresses etc it is starting to build up a lot more there, like some are wanting £2 a month email (only 2 addresses) yet offering the domain name at around £8 for 2 years.

It would be something I would have to speak more to the parents about as to the spending budget, as the website would be used for their purpose I am just nicking an email address.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:27 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I was under the impression that the freola/getdotted combination was all inclusive (with unlimited email addresses) but perhaps I'm reading it wrong (trying to do a dozen things at once at the moment lol)

Edit: yep I was wrong ... I forgot that freola's 'free' option is for an internet connection with free email *slaps forehead*

Edited at 15:32 Sat 21/05/11 (BST)

Edit: typo ... boy am I losing it today

Edited at 15:44 Sat 21/05/11 (BST)
si123
si123
18:40 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Mich, they should definatly look into getting a small website, even if you are unable to purchase of the site, just to be able have a look at prices and what they can offer open loads of doors for them

And for somebody to create a really good visual website, your not talking alot of money either

Just a idea for you to run by the parents
jack_pot
jack_pot
21:03 Sat 21 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Just buy swiftdrinks.co.uk

I recommend using http://www.one.com
You can get web hosting & the domain for I think £11 for a whole year.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Business e-mail address.

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.