Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

touchpad sensitivity problem

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:50 Fri 17 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi all. the sensitivity of the touchpad on my laptop has become pretty bad. It's really slow but wouldn't be a problem for ordinary uses but tryna to use it to play in here is getting really annoying. It's very hard to get the aimer where i want it especially under timed conditions. There is no way to adjust the settings has far as i know as it cant be changed in touchpad settings. It's an alps touchpad driver version 7.0.1101.14 and it's up to date.
Any ideas are welcomed. cheers
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:00 Fri 17 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
gollum said:

Get a mouse!
quickpot_147
quickpot_147
20:06 Fri 17 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
brill idea lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:13 Fri 17 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i don't like the mouse and it wouldn't be ideal anyway because i use the laptop on my lap.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:22 Fri 17 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
There is a way to change mouse sensitivity in control panel.

I am not on a laptop at the moment so I cant go through how to do it but I will check for you tonight/tomorrow

If you go to 'control panel' then 'mouse' there should be an option for changing sensitivity.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:40 Fri 17 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
na theres not. looked ages tryna find it as i thought it wud def be there but has all the settings bar sensitivity. through looking online i read that some touchpads installed in laptops have a fixed sensitivity. i was hoping for a way round it or even some sort of remedy to use on the exterior of the touchpad like a wipe down with sandpaper or something like tht. clutching at straws here lol.
si123
si123
20:49 Fri 17 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sandpaper on your touchpad if somebody ever recommends this shoot them and put them on ignore thats the type of tip I would give to remove the varnish of a snooker cue lol

And i'm sure there is a option 'trackpad' or something can't you change that to 'Fast'

I only remember working on laptops never used 1 for general use but there must be something out there
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:57 Fri 17 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
the touchpad icon has disappeared from the bottom right of screen now so cant check if i have this trackpad option
cue_power
cue_power
13:44 Sat 18 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
kev04 said:
gollum said:

Get a mouse!

Lmao! Its so true.

There is an option to reduce and increase sensitivity, I know where mine is for my laptop, its in control panel? Lol.

Not to ruin it for you dude but.. It generally makes very little difference as its usually on the highest by default so you can't change anything to benefit your cause, can only make it slower, which I guess is the opposite of what your going for.

However, Kev is the man with a plan here, I dispise touchpads, and do not use them. You said it doesn't work because you have the laptop on your lap... Where do you think everyone else has theirs? We don't carry them whilst using it! Lol.... LAPtop? Looool.

I presume you are sitting, probably in some type of chair, if the chair has an arm? Then get a mouse and put it on the arm of the chair. Worksss a peachhh for moi.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:08 Sat 18 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Trust me. I'm no Bill Gates but i know I.T basics. There's no option to change the sensitivity. As i said above i mine has a fixed level. I know why laptops are called laptops lol hence why they come with touchpads and not mice. I have though recently tried plugging a mouse in the usb port on the arm of the chair and i found it near impossible to use comfortably.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:46 Sat 18 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah me aswell mate, i miss my touchpad

if anyone has any ideas on this it will be buddytobud

then again cue_power might be right... but i thought default was normal settings??? maybe im wrong i dunno
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:57 Sat 18 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah touchpads r the best. i can still use mine and can play ok on it but some shots like fine cuts on orig(my fav table) are near imposible to postion because the aimer wont shift and the timer doesn't help the matter. Has become v annoying. I just played buddy in orig tourny as wel lol. shud hav browsed this b4 playing.

I know some laptops do have the option but i've read online tht some dont and mine seems 2 be the latter
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

touchpad sensitivity problem

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.