Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Internet time messed up

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:14 Wed 7 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I brought a new computer a couple of days ago and since then everything seems to be 8 hours behind, like now it will say i made this post 8 hours ago

Any ideas why this is?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:19 Wed 7 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
usually its because the date is incorrect (e.g. 10 years ago), click on time in corner as it could be that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:20 Wed 7 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah it's all correct m8, not that it really bothers me it just seems a bit strange.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:24 Wed 7 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
not sure then, hopefully a staff will post soon
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:44 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Does no one know what the problem is then?

When i've turned my PC on today the time has changed on it's own to 2AM and now all the times on the forum are normal, very strange..

The timezone is (UTC -08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) I'm guessing that must be set wrong??

Edited at 11:08 Sun 11/09/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:07 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Its only set wrong if you arent in the US or Canada?

Where do you live? Most computers have an automatic update function to change the time to the correct time for your location.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:11 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Double click on your timebar, then click "Change Time Zone". That should solve your problem.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:28 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
caeser said:
Its only set wrong if you arent in the US or Canada?

Where do you live? Most computers have an automatic update function to change the time to the correct time for your location.

I'm from the UK but thats how it was set when i brought the computer, never had this problem with a computer before thats why it seemed strange. I've looked through the list and the UK isn't on there.

I even used contact us and the admins didn't have a clue which i was surprised about, and i know it's got to be something simple cause it's a brand new computer.

Edited at 15:36 Sun 11/09/11 (BST)
damee
damee
21:38 Sun 11 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
There isn't a UK option on mine. For some reason it says Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London (Ok, 3 of them cities are, but meh :p)
cue_power
cue_power
08:30 Mon 12 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Tbh, if I go onto funky using Internet explorer, it varies in time behind. Sometimes it will say 3 days ago on a popular thread, when I have just posted on it.

I click refresh etc, and the time alternates Lol.

However Firefox is bang on time.

Anyone explain that?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:53 Mon 12 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i had that on opera all the time, if i went on opera now i bet it would say like 20 days ago for last post or something.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:03 Mon 12 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
damee said:
There isn't a UK option on mine. For some reason it says Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London (Ok, 3 of them cities are, but meh :p)

Haha i knew it was something so simple, cant understand why it was set wrong in the first place!
damee
damee
01:03 Tue 13 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well it was never going to be anything complicated, the problems which takes ages to sort always have a simple solution!
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Internet time messed up

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.