World Darts Championship!

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
damee
damee
01:58 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
With Taylor and Barney out already (2 of the big favourites for the title), who is your money on?

My favourite match so far has to be Andy Hamilton v Antonio Alcinas, was just a fantastic match to watch, and not what you expect from a first round match!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:13 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
My money is on Chizzee, as I told you last week

If not then Wade/Lewis/Anderson will take it.

John part might be worth a bet as well, he is a big outsider but a 3 time world champion.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
06:16 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
My heart honestly dropped with Phil going out, he's my hero.

Na na na anananana (do it in your head) Gary Anderson, Anderson, Gary Anderson!!!
damee
damee
13:08 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm going for Anderson too, but there is a lot of players who could win, especially with Phil out of it now, going to be a good Championship!

What odds did you get in Chisnall, Mike?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:10 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I think Lewis or Wade, Anderson's doubles always let him down!

I know Taylor was terrible last night but fair play to Chissy i thought he played brilliant, strange how Taylor can play that bad and still get an 100 average, his scoring wasn't even good either last night, Chisnall only had a 99 average and he out scored Taylor on everything.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:42 Wed 28 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Anderson's doubles were horrific in first round was lucky to get through, Chis played quality. Would have loved to see taylor get further though, he always provides a good final
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:24 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
The darts was amazing tonight,

whitlock game was phenomenal very close, then Andy Hamilton trouncing chis. Then Gary Anderson who steamed Colin Lloyd, Gary averaged 101 overall. Averaged 5 minutes a set, second set he completed in 4 minutes 25 seconds with an average of 125.

He's back on form from struggling to win in round 1/2. Brilliant!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:03 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yep Anderson was awesome tonight. If he can continue playing like that then he'll be the man to beat, but i doubt he will do, he's too inconsistent with his finishing.

I think Kim Huybrechts will be up there with the best in a few years, watched him a few times now and he's a great player, played brilliant against Nicholson.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
09:59 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
fuunky said:

I think Kim Huybrechts will be up there with the best in a few years, watched him a few times now and he's a great player, played brilliant against Nicholson.

Yeah hope to see more of him (and his girlfriend) in the future.

If you want to see great players in the future though just watch the pub darts (BDO) on BBC starting this weekend. There is always a couple of youngsters who play on that circuit and turn to the PDC after a few years.

Most of these players in the top 16 of darts started out at the BDO.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:17 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
WADE!!

Bdo is terrible, The noise it makes when it hits the board is terrible!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:59 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
masterplan said:
WADE!!

Bdo is terrible, The noise it makes when it hits the board is terrible!

Sounds like a cardboard board lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:10 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hamilton stands a good chance as well imo the way he's been playing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:13 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wade was from the BDO.

As was Barney, Whitlock, Chizzy, Part, King, Klassen, Etc etc....

Edited at 17:17 Fri 30/12/11 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:21 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Doesn't every player in the PDC have to come through the BDO first?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:23 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yes but its like the championship once you are ready for the next league up and want some serious money you leave to the PDC...
The atmosphere etc, Money, Tournaments...
They played in the o2 i am sure a few year back in the opening night of the premier league darts... Not some lakeside pub the o2!!!

Unbeleivable..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:48 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
The BDO is grassroots. Without the BDO there would be no PDC. The PDC don't care about developing dart players, they leave that for the BDO, and then buy the players off them.

As well as those I mentioned above Gary Anderson and Mark Webster were BDO.

No denying the PDC is better but I reiterate what I said. If you want to find the next big name in darts then you'll find him on BBC 2 this weekend.

------------------

Part V Wade is a blinder!!!!!!!

4-4 3-3 Wade has missed 2 darts for the match just now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:02 Fri 30 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Wade wins it on the tie breaker 6-5 in legs in the 9th set to win 5 sets to 4.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:22 Sat 31 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Phil taylor, watched that video other night aswell lmao! Proper legend he is
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:01 Sun 1 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What about the injured simon whitlock destroying gary anderson, he just isn't good enough with his finishing.

I think we all forgot about whitlock cause of the bad form he's bin in the last year or so. I remember when he first came over from the BDO, the guy was unstoppable, hitting ton plus checkouts for fun, but now he can't seem to do it anymore.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:51 Mon 2 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
What a comeback from lewis, to come back from 5-1 down and win 6-5 finishing the match with a 161 checkout, totally unbelieveable..

Whitlock vs hamilton was a quality match as well, should be a great final!
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

World Darts Championship!

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.