League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 13839
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:27 Mon 8 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Or we just open a thread to vote on the options and post the link on each team thread
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:49 Mon 8 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
But not everybody takes notices of what's on the threads.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:56 Mon 8 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Any news on this?
Sorry I had guests this weekend. I'll have a read through what's been posted so far after the defaults are done. That's more urgent.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:13 Mon 8 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah yeah you did mention!

Okays
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:38 Mon 15 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Any update on the format for next season?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:55 Tue 16 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
We'll get to it soon. I haven't had time to read all of the suggestions. Whatever it is, we'll keep it simple to understand for everyone. I don't think any fancy new supertricks will do anyone a favor.

The season ends officially in a week, then there's usually a week off. So we have about 2 weeks to figure it out.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:09 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I've read through most of it and so far, the best suggestion seems to be adam's:
One fixture of 6 frames for each game type (3 for power counting double as now), plus two fixtures in Players Championship format. That weights it to the proper snooker games with the less popular games (carom/power) remaining unmixed. You would have:

10 arc
10 reg
10 orig
6 carom
6 power

I think the home/away idea has to be shelved for the future if and when the significant changes we have made take root. The most important thing is that all players must know what's going on- so having multiple bonus point opportunities or special player bonuses is not a good idea I think.

I still want to keep a killer element. I think the easiest way to get games done is by making them 2 vs 2 with 2 games to be played.
The winner of each game gets 2 points, the 2nd place in each game gets 1 point. Killer games can be played by the same players if they want. Teams can choose to play with more players if both agree, but this will not affect scoring.

Unless there are major complaints about this proposed format, I'll start writing it into the rules. We'll also be able to get a decent idea about how it works out during preseason friendlies.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:15 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I've read through most of it and so far, the best suggestion seems to be adam's:
One fixture of 6 frames for each game type (3 for power counting double as now), plus two fixtures in Players Championship format. That weights it to the proper snooker games with the less popular games (carom/power) remaining unmixed. You would have:

10 arc
10 reg
10 orig
6 carom
6 power

I think the home/away idea has to be shelved for the future if and when the significant changes we have made take root. The most important thing is that all players must know what's going on- so having multiple bonus point opportunities or special player bonuses is not a good idea I think.

I still want to keep a killer element. I think the easiest way to get games done is by making them 2 vs 2 with 2 games to be played.
The winner of each game gets 2 points, the 2nd place in each game gets 1 point. Killer games can be played by the same players if they want. Teams can choose to play with more players if both agree, but this will not affect scoring.

Unless there are major complaints about this proposed format, I'll start writing it into the rules. We'll also be able to get a decent idea about how it works out during preseason friendlies.

I second that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:19 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
No problem with 2 killer games, just wondering why the increase and not just keep them how they are now? (seeing as on the most part we struggle to play one killer game)

But all round definitely the best idea

Edited at 00:26 Sun 21/07/13 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:20 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Why you changing killer again for the 2nd straight season? It aint worked with the new system ya put in place so why is it going to work this time with 3 seperate games?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:33 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
^2 separate games, not 3.

I thought we didn't change killer going into this season? We wanted to and it was shown not to work in preseason friendlies. So no change happened.
2v2 games are A LOT easier to organize than 3v3, as shown on pool. It's often the case that 2 players from both clans are on. It's not often the case that you have 3 from each on at the same time.

pirate- I want to change it because loads of games are being played at the default time because they're getting too difficult to arrange or people are too lazy to arrange.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:36 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Killer is a good idea as shown on pool, and i think its a good idea tbh
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:38 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, I definitely agree with the reduction to 2 v 2 and that the killer needed to be changed for that reason. Was just wondering why the increase too two when we struggle to play one.

But as you said, it did work very well in that first Super League fixture over on Pool so good idea all round!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:38 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
^2 separate games, not 3.

I thought we didn't change killer going into this season? We wanted to and it was shown not to work in preseason friendlies. So no change happened.
2v2 games are A LOT easier to organize than 3v3, as shown on pool. It's often the case that 2 players from both clans are on. It's not often the case that you have 3 from each on at the same time.

pirate- I want to change it because loads of games are being played at the default time because they're getting too difficult to arrange or people are too lazy to arrange.

Why are you trying to be like Pool when this is Snooker

Wasn't killer introduced so it would bring the team together and 2 v 2 aint exactly bringing the team together is it?

I'm pretty sure you changed the rules on killer from 3 v 3 to as many people as you want to play in killer. If i'm wrong my bad.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:42 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
oh right yeah that was a change, although that is optional of course.

I'm certainly not "trying to be like pool". However, this system was conveniently tried at the beginning of this season on pool and worked very well!
Yes, it's less of a team game than 3v3. However, currently games are mostly happening on the last day, with many of them ending up as 3v2 or 3v1 or worse. That's not really the point of it either. Again, teams can choose to play with more players if more players are on! Nobody is forced to play 2v2.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:48 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
oh right yeah that was a change, although that is optional of course.

I'm certainly not "trying to be like pool". However, this system was conveniently tried at the beginning of this season on pool and worked very well!
Yes, it's less of a team game than 3v3. However, currently games are mostly happening on the last day, with many of them ending up as 3v2 or 3v1 or worse. That's not really the point of it either. Again, teams can choose to play with more players if more players are on! Nobody is forced to play 2v2.

If you are bringing in a Pool rule then you are effectively trying to be like Pool.

Pool got really boring as they were bringing in too many rules, too many games and too many leagues.

If you are going to have killer you have to have it as a team game or not have it in the league at all IMO. With the new set of rules you are bringing out it wont feel like a "team" killer.
_nerdzz_
_nerdzz_
03:49 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm confused on what adam suggested
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:55 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
One fixture of Arcade (6 frames)
One fixture of Regular (6 frames)
One fixture of Original (6 frames)
One fixture of Carom (6 frames)
One fixture of Power (3 frames that count double)

Two fixtures of Players Championship format which is 2 frames of Arc, 2 of Reg and 2 of Orig.

So Overall

10 of Arc
10 of Reg
10 of Orig
6 of Carom
6 of Power

And I like that rule, games won't have to be 2 v 2 (just like most aren't 3 v 3 now!). Think Allstarz will definitely manage to get the fixtures played
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:01 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
cutting_edge said:
If you are bringing in a Pool rule then you are effectively trying to be like Pool.
No. We have brought in elements that work well from pool before and it has not made this "like pool". In fact, killer itself came from pool. If something works well somewhere else, why shouldn't we use it?
cutting_edge said:
Pool got really boring as they were bringing in too many rules, too many games and too many leagues.
Absolutely correct. Which is why I want to keep things as simple and smoothly working as possible. I think killer as it is now doesn't work smoothly.
With the new system (if we do implement it) teams will have the simple option of playing 2v2 or, if they think that's not enough of a team game, they can play 3v3 or more. Nothing stands in the way of that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:02 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So with that format we are going from

16 players 8 subs

to

12 players 5 subs right?

Why you lowering all these numbers but creating more games to play?
Pages: 13839
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.