Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

nick
nick
Admin
17:13 Sun 22 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi,

The game was updated in a few ways today, the main change is the signed Java version is enabled by default. The certified code proves it originates from me and has not been tampered with by a third party and is encouraged by Java. Technical information can be found on the Java site: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/java-code-signing-1915323.html The game still runs with limited security privileges (sand boxed).

If there are any problems you can still use the unsigned game by selecting it on the help page at:
http://www.funkysnooker.com/help#java_security
Additionally please reply on the thread.

I've also taken the opportunity to update the loading screen to a simple modern look.

In other news, my personal situation has changed in that I've taken a full time programming contract in a new field. Unfortunately more and more of my time was required for external projects so it made sense for me to take a full time contract. This means I will only be performing maintenance releases of the websites.

However, I am still working on the Android app as time allows. A premium version is coming along well with the pass the phone games ready. I will release this soon to gauge interest in the Android market. The game library used (LibGDX) is in the process of enabling iPhone support, so with much thanks to the library authors the iPhone game should be possible without taking too much of my time, although you still must be patient as it's still pre-beta. The Pool and Snooker Android apps have had over 200,000 installations, which is pretty decent show of interest.

Nick
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:52 Sun 22 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
GL Nick,

Couldn't squeeze in the power 200+ break counter to the http://www.funkysnooker.com/games/power-snooker-games page could ya?

Could just replace the nearly pointless 50+ counter
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:57 Sun 22 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
GL Nick,

Couldn't squeeze in the power 200+ break counter to the http://www.funkysnooker.com/games/power-snooker-games page could ya?

Could just replace the nearly pointless 50+ counter
i see u got another 200+ today slatty!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:59 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
haha, yeah and 5 yesterday... still no 250 though and that is my only goal ATM
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:13 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
haha, yeah and 5 yesterday... still no 250 though and that is my only goal ATM
If ANYBODY can do it, you will be the first!
i_am_james
i_am_james
19:43 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So to 'dumb it down' this is the beat we are going to get
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:18 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

were you hoping for something more D&B or dubstep?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:23 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  

were you hoping for something more D&B or dubstep?
dumb it down? i love dubstep, BASSNECTAR! & EXCISION best duo since Batman & Robin! Coming soon to a theatre near you
i_am_james
i_am_james
21:32 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
This is what happens when your thumbs are too fat for your phones keypad...

Best*
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:29 Mon 23 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So basically.. The site is gonna stay as it is lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:37 Tue 24 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Fair play to Nick. He could have just said nothing, but at least he's put us in the picture.
nick
nick
Admin
22:02 Sat 28 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm still working on the Android app in my free time, and that can positively impact this site (more users etc).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:08 Sun 29 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Will the Android App users be able to play with the browser users?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:45 Sun 29 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Will the Android App users be able to play with the browser users?
Yeah he said hes working on that.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:35 Sun 15 Dec 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hi, I'm not sure if this cropped up with the most recent update a few months ago.
One (hopefully unintended) change involves the warning we used to get before closing the game window. The option "confirm dialog before exiting" is checked, but the window closes immediately upon clicking the close button. Others have this issue as well (for example skillz confirmed it).

It was a very useful option, because accidental closures do occur either as a result of a jumpy mouse or when having multiple windows open and trying to close one.
Could you look into this and see if the option can be activated again?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:32 Sun 12 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
^wooo it's fixed. Thanks!
nick
nick
Admin
21:49 Sun 12 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
^wooo it's fixed. Thanks!

Thanks, that was actually fixed before but you would have to manually refresh to resolve the issue. Now this clears the problem for those that had the faulty file cached.

In addition today's restart should fix a few small issues. Occasionally a tournament would be duplicated, hopefully this is now resolved. Also the connection code is slightly optimized (uses less bandwidth).
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:04 Sun 12 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
When i open the server. I get ads at the bottom covering my chat box and my cue ball. this hasn't happened before.

EDIT: Gone now!
nick
nick
Admin
22:56 Sun 12 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
When i open the server. I get ads at the bottom covering my chat box and my cue ball. this hasn't happened before.

EDIT: Gone now!

There's been no deliberate changes to the adverts or the code. It might have been a Javascript glitch. If it happens again just ensure you do a full refresh.
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Game loading changes and more - 22nd September Update

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.