Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:02 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Collusion:
-"a secret understanding or cooperation between two or more persons for an illegal or deceitful purpose"

The funkysnooker rules do not cover this form of cheating in their gameplay section.

Collusion is illegal in any sport. Unfortunately, every so often we find members playing as a team to single out and defeat a player in killer.
In most cases, it is difficult or impossible to prove that players were purposely teaming up to knock somebody else out. I accept that nothing can be done about those cases.

However, a line is crossed when the players openly communicate with one another, openly state that they are playing as a team, and advise each other on what shots to take.
This is where it turns into blatant cheating.

Funky Rules said:
Players that repeatedly commit offences that are not necessarily against funky snooker rules can be punished as deemed appropriate.

This passage potentially covers the cases I am talking about. If so, nothing needs to be changed. If open collusion in killer games is not unsportsmanlike (it should be called cheating), then what is?

If that sentence is not enough, I want to ask for wording to be added to the killer rules, so that admin can go after blatant cases of collusion and punish the cheaters accordingly.

All forms of cheating should be punished.

Thanks!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:13 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Did you click on the player(s) name when they did this and send a complaint off to the admin team to deal with it?

There is so many ways off cheating on here not just on killer, you think for threads like this be bought up for often.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:17 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I did, yes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:20 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ah well if they blatently typed into the chat box they are in a team or working together i would hope there stats are wiped or banned or something which will defrone the brazil of funkysnooker!!!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:22 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Well, I would've hoped so as well, if you get my drift, but I don't want to (and wouldn't be allowed to) talk about specific occasions, since this would get capped .

If it was punishable, I would not have created this thread. At the moment, collusion is fine.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:22 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
only time ive seen is in when we had that clan killer but that was purpose of the game.

what man killer was it? lower the number the more chance of a single player knocking you out.

i have actually heard some pretty useful tactics about killer especially in 3 man, in the 5 man or higher you need to survive long enough before you use the tactic.

i agree with you though, telling someone which shot to play is wrong, not sure what can be done about it though.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:24 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
dgeneratio said:
telling someone which shot to play is wrong, not sure what can be done about it though.
Same thing they do with other cheaters.
Maybe make the ban temporary, but punishments are up to admin anyway. I just want it to be punishable.
budweiser
budweiser
01:37 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Any problems staff are always here to help, am sure this rule could/or may be added depending what nick says

Always ignore user as well.

Edited at 22:44 Thu 27/10/11 (BST)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:43 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks bud, I am still shocked that currently we can get away with open collusion and cheating.

I'll take the last post as confirmation that right now, we can play as teams in killer and gang up on an opponent without repercussions (?).

Edited at 22:54 Thu 27/10/11 (BST)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:55 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
budweiser said:
Always ignore user as well.
Not a good idea- then I wouldn't even know that they're cheating...
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:57 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
better take them all off who played pushouts on you seb

and true if you want to catch someone at it, ignore is certainly not a good idea, but friends list is
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:59 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It apparently doesn't matter either way. Open collusion is accepted.
m_wood
m_wood
02:15 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Sounds like sour grapes to me....
adam_147
adam_147
02:19 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
The issue is that it will just force people to do it via private message, and then there will be no way of differentiating between collusion and tactical play. If i can't see an obvious safety, or if there are only 3 balls left, I will leave an easy pot to the person after me so they will hopefully have an easy safety on the next person. This isn't collusion, just clever play. If colluders have to go offline, it will be impossible to tell the difference .
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:22 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
true but if they admit it by telling people what shots to take then surely thats different?

basically in your post you found out one of my useful killer tactics, you would leave an easy ball on purpose for person next to you then hoping they would play safety. (only works effectively for 3 mans though) also keeping an eye on surroundings, if you feel like your in trouble 4 shots behind try and cannon a ball away from the cushion and especially keep an eye on the
adam_147
adam_147
02:48 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
nope I use it in 10 man killer etc. Especially if there is a good player 2 places behind me .
clooneman
clooneman
Admin
03:00 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm of the personal opinion (i.e. not the admin opinion) that telling someone what shot to play etc is ok if only you're trying to win the game for yourself, and (perhaps more importantly) the guy you're talking to is also trying to do the same and not give the game to you. That would be cheating.

Sometimes giving one of your opponents hints in order to take out another ipponent would work to your advantage. I dunno, there's a fine line there at times. But two players conspiring together to take the third guy out, hmmmm... I dunno, that's not very competitive between the two guys, although never forget that the goal of a game of killer is to make every one of your opponents lose all their lives.

I dunno, maybe I'm way off the mark and maybe I need my eyes opened. And remember, this is just my opinion as a player, and it's not an admin opinion, notwithstanding my role on this site.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:04 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Selected quotes from the game (from screenshots):

Player 1: " (player name), we must work as a team!"

Player 1: "I was setting it up there, you ruined it!"
Player 2: "sorry lol, back to the plan"

Player 1: "Be gentle with power, top ball, not backspin!"

Player 1: "(name) go for the top red ok"
Player 1: "ahhh nearly"
Player 3: "(name), go for the corner ball!"
Player 1: "We have him down to 1 life!"
Player 2: "Ze third reich is nearly toppled"

Does this conform to funky rules? There are another 15 minutes worth of quotes.

If you don't punish this, then we can accept that cheating is part of the game and practice it openly.
m_wood
m_wood
04:13 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
Selected quotes from the game (from screenshots):

Player 1: " (player name), we must work as a team!"

Player 1: "I was setting it up there, you ruined it!"
Player 2: "sorry lol, back to the plan"

Player 1: "Be gentle with power, top ball, not backspin!"

Player 1: "(name) go for the top red ok"
Player 1: "ahhh nearly"
Player 3: "(name), go for the corner ball!"
Player 1: "We have him down to 1 life!"
Player 2: "Ze third reich is nearly toppled"

Does this conform to funky rules? There are another 15 minutes worth of quotes.

If you don't punish this, then we can accept that cheating is part of the game and practice it openly.

...I thought you were older than 7? Lets not forget Whocares, you joined the room Last, you joined a Room of FRIENDS, not randoms, FRIENDS. Us FRIENDS like to have a laugh, a giggle, if you dont like having a laugh, banter, then dont join, afterall thats what your IGNORE list is for so you keep saying. Clearly you take this game a bit too seriously if your going to the length of screenshots eh.....

As for 'if you dont punish this"... who are you to call the shots? You aint the boss.. you are a player, nothing more.

You lost Whocares. Twice. To me. In one night. Get over it son

Edited at 01:17 Fri 28/10/11 (BST)

Edited at 01:18 Fri 28/10/11 (BST)
budweiser
budweiser
12:46 Fri 28 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I have to agree with cloone here, even i would help people learn shots and tell them what to do, its like saying you was on 120 in reg and yellow on cushion, would u advise someone to double it if shot was on or just hit and hope? i think you would say!

No matter how good you are, you will always get beat at some point...

To me people over rate good players to much, always expecting them to win when at some point someone will come along and beat you.

Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Collusion in killer games

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.