Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
adam_147
adam_147
02:14 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
adam_147 said:
As you could aid them by PM, which the opponent would never know about, such a thing would be impossible to police...
Two points:
If it's not against the rules as you said first, why would you need to police it?

You can't police pm's. But you can police chat. If they do it in chat, or going back to the topic of the thread, if they openly collude in the chat, you can police it.

On the first point... I was suggesting why it wasn't in the rules, ie that it could never be implemented. Again just my suggestion, not fact.

On the second point... I was under the impression that your issue was with collusion, not collusion when written in the chat box? If your issue is with collusion just in the chat box, then it could be possible to make a rule prohibiting this if Nick so wished. If your issue is with collusion as a whole, then banning it in the chat box, which is all that could be done realistically, wouldn't solve the problem anyway, as it would just force people to use PM or other means (facebook etc if longer time limits allowed). The difference between this and swearing is of course that swearing isn't allowed anywhere, but if someone swore in PM or in chat box, then they could be reported and caught. However, 2 people colluding via PM to help one win a game are hardly likely to report each other for collusion. PMs are solely policed by the members in the conversation, which is why it would fail when it comes to collusion. There would thus be no difference between banning it outright, and banning it in the chat box, which we have already decided wouldnt solve the problem.
The problem therefore has no solution. We could put it in the rules and rely on people's honesty to abide by it, however people who are set on collusion to win will just use PM irrespective of the rule's existence. This is even assuming that Nick and the admins wished for it to be against the rules, which I have no idea about.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:16 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
m_wood said:
Its not cheating, thats the point.
That's what I'm hoping admin/mods will clear up.
m_wood said:
Besides, 'not mentioning me' and yet you feel fine to 'quote' what I and my friends say, sorry mate, but you dont drag my friends into your affairs.
I took great care to never mention any names. Your friends were doing the same thing, so I mentioned their quotes as well to show that it wasn't only one player (that wouldn't be colluding yet).
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:19 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
adam, it is extremely difficult to coordinate collusion, especially between several players with a shot time limit, without using the chat in the game screen. So if they aren't able to use that, it would go quite a long way towards solving the problem.

What I'm hoping to find out is whether it is against the rules or not. If it is, then surely the case I described would be easy to police against.

Or are you saying that because you can't track all the cases, you shouldn't track any, even if it's against the rules?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:20 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
@ m_wood - yep i remember that, its not cheating now as its not in the rules but some people do think its cheating.

yep its still classed as every man for himself but 3 guys took advantage on 1, only thing is i enjoyed watching it on wrestling but for a fun game i wouldn't enjoy it.

Reference to what m_wood meant:

Edited at 00:24 Sun 30/10/11 (BST)
adam_147
adam_147
02:22 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
adam_147 said:
Things like fractions on spin and potting in the side of the pocket are perfected by feel, and instructions will never be able to replicate that.

I used to play my girlfriend on this game a few months ago while on skype. I told her what shots to take against me, what spin to use, and how hard to hit it (something like "ball on top right, bit of backspin, not hard."). It instantly increased her average breaks by at least 30 points, because she would have to play tough shots much less frequently. All of her highest breaks (70's) were hit against me with my advice.

So you're actually saying that playing in teams and helping others is ok?? In that case, nevermind. I would have never thought that it would be acceptable on here. It's an obvious form of cheating.

If that is the case for your girlfriend, then she is clearly naturally quite good at the game, or has played with you there at some point. I do not believe it would be the case for most people.

As for the 2nd half, if it isn't in the rules then it isn't cheating as far as I am concerned. If it was cheating, then I am sure admin would have put it in there. But as I said in one of my previous posts, I have no idea what the admins' feelings on this are, you would need one of them to comment. As a mod I can only guess as to their opinions, and I do not claim them to be representative of the staff.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:24 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
cloone did but as a player, maybe someone can use contact us or message an admin to look?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:29 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
adam_147 said:
If that is the case for your girlfriend, then she is clearly naturally quite good at the game, or has played with you there at some point. I do not believe it would be the case for most people.
lol she's not very good. She can hit 30's without me. Hit up to 64 in arc and 62 in reg. The reg 62 was her first half at the time, with her previous highest break in the 20's.

adam_147 said:
If it was cheating, then I am sure admin would have put it in there.
Rules said:
Players that repeatedly commit offences that are not necessarily against funky snooker rules can be punished as deemed appropriate.

That's a built-in section for admin's discretion to deal with cases that aren't covered explicitly by the rules. If there's one thing I know from running the league here, it's that it is impossible to spell everything out in the rules.

ty for the opinions though, I hope someone can make the case to the people who are in charge.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:09 Tue 1 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Having read the whole post I feel the need to comment.

I've seen this against me many times. It seems that as soon as you reach the 800+ mark in killer you become the target.

Only difference is; I incourage it... It's part of the fun and usually ends up in amusing banter and an enjoyable game. Seems to me that the real problem here is ppl that take their individual ranks way too seriously. If we all lightned up a bit and joined in with the banter your probally have some fun... Isn't that why you play?
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Collusion in killer games

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.