Collusion in killer games

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
adam_147
adam_147
00:17 Sun 30 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It is perfectly fine according to the rules, but if winning is all that matters to you then you need to take a step back and remember it is a game and you are not playing for money. Comparing it to real life is tricky, my potting in real life is not a patch on mine here. If there is space between the ball and the cue ball, and a path to the pocket I never doubt the pot, and never expect to miss. In real life I never expect to pot .
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:20 Sun 30 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Haha you have a nerve saying it's only a game..

I don't even play killer so i couldn't care less, I'm just trying to get my point across...

If you would roll up in real life then i can't see any difference in doing it here!
adam_147
adam_147
00:24 Sun 30 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
If I was playing a friendly game in real life I would never roll up. I would never play for money.

It is only a game, if you lose, you lose nothing, if you win, you win nothing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:44 Sun 30 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Fair enough then Adam!

I just find it hard to see a reason why people think it's bad play, if you don't think you can pot and the person after you has only got 1 life left then you do the easiest thing to not leave them on.

Thats the name of the game!

And yes Adam this is only a game, but to some people it is alot more than that!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
00:44 Sun 30 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
fuunky said:
whocares8x8 said:
What about openly speaking about and planning shots to set up another player?

Yeah i don't agree with that, obviously thats against the rules cause it's every man for thereself.
Thoughts, adam/others?
Just in case the reply is "It's not currently in the rules so nothing can be done", another question:
If I am watching a ranked game, am I allowed to help one player by giving advice, such as which ball to hit, what spin to use, what shot to set up? As far as I know, that's not in the rules either, so that would be ok?
adam_147
adam_147
01:03 Sun 30 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Erm *cogs spin*. I would say that it isn't against the rules, however the opponent would probably leave after 1 game, and you telling someone the shot is never a guarantee that they will play it as you are thinking anyway. As you could aid them by PM, which the opponent would never know about, such a thing would be impossible to police...
The point is, though, if the player you are helping is worse than you are, which would be logical if you are helping them, then you saying "pot the black, go off the cushion and hit the 2 reds above the black spot to split them using top left spin" does not mean they can do it! Things like fractions on spin and potting in the side of the pocket are perfected by feel, and instructions will never be able to replicate that.

If however, an admin or another mod posts and disproves what I have said about it not being against the rules, then believe what they say, that is just my first thought.

adam_147 accepts no responsibility for any bootings/bannings given out as a result of following the advice above. Players are reminded that they explore foggy areas in the rules at their own risk.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:09 Sun 30 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
oops..
adam_147
adam_147
01:11 Sun 30 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
What did you do???
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:13 Sun 30 Oct 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I was trying to quote someone elses post but there was too many characters and i ended up losing most of what i said, so now i cba lol!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:00 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
adam_147 said:
As you could aid them by PM, which the opponent would never know about, such a thing would be impossible to police...
Two points:
If it's not against the rules as you said first, why would you need to police it?

You can't police pm's. But you can police chat. If they do it in chat, or going back to the topic of the thread, if they openly collude in the chat, you can police it.
adam_147 said:
Things like fractions on spin and potting in the side of the pocket are perfected by feel, and instructions will never be able to replicate that.
I used to play my girlfriend on this game a few months ago while on skype. I told her what shots to take against me, what spin to use, and how hard to hit it (something like "ball on top right, bit of backspin, not hard."). It instantly increased her average breaks by at least 30 points, because she would have to play tough shots much less frequently. All of her highest breaks (70's) were hit against me with my advice.

So you're actually saying that playing in teams and helping others is ok?? In that case, nevermind. I would have never thought that it would be acceptable on here. It's an obvious form of cheating.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:29 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
fuunky said:
There will be times when there is no pot on at all, what would you do?

Even budweiser has admitted to rolling up, one of the best arcade potters on the game judging by his stats.

It's impossible to have a pot on everytime it's your go.

i go for the pot regardless of where white and cue ball end up
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:31 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
fuunky said:
The name of the game tho is to not leave the person on after you, so if your unsure of a pot i think it's best to roll up and screw the next person over.

If your playing for money in real life and theres only you and someone else left in, you have got 2 lifes and they have got one and your left with a tricky double, would you not roll up so you have won?

real money and a fun game is different, you would play differently if your in a major championship compared to your mates for example
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:40 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
adam_147 said:
Things like fractions on spin and potting in the side of the pocket are perfected by feel, and instructions will never be able to replicate that.
I used to play my girlfriend on this game a few months ago while on skype. I told her what shots to take against me, what spin to use, and how hard to hit it (something like "ball on top right, bit of backspin, not hard."). It instantly increased her average breaks by at least 30 points, because she would have to play tough shots much less frequently. All of her highest breaks (70's) were hit against me with my advice.

So you're actually saying that playing in teams and helping others is ok?? In that case, nevermind. I would have never thought that it would be acceptable on here. It's an obvious form of cheating.

for your 2nd point ive had advice from destiny, once he tried to help me get a 107 (before i hit my 1st) by telling me power, spin and ball (would have it on 90 seconds and i still failed lol), in my eyes thats ok but in killer i disagree with it (even tapping to get the win i disagree with) but not going to complain about it, at the moment its not in the rules but maybe in future it could be.

never actually seen people telling me/opponents shots to play in killer even in clan killer where it was 5 on one and i still won, or 2 all starz vs me and some good play KO me but all good fun.

prefer pool killer as i feel its more fun
m_wood
m_wood
01:55 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
I did mate. It was rejected, so I brought it up here.

So why are you still boring us with this

"Introduction

The aim of the game is simply to take it in turns to pot a ball. If you miss you lose one of your 3 allocated lives. The aim is to be the last player standing"

Hmm thats funny, because it doesnt say anywhere there that its every man for himself, it says the aim is to be the last man standing, have you not heard the term 'How do you stop being hunted, you get rid of the prey.'

You could of left AT ANY TIME. Why didnt you?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:58 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
not to lose rank? also every man for himself/last man standing, almost same thing
m_wood
m_wood
02:00 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
He was going to lose anyway. And did. This is merely because it was I that beat him.. twice, on the same night, and it simply ate away at his soul, thats what this is really about.

Oh thats right dgen, its ALMOST the same thing, which in translation means, its different. Burgandy is almost red... not red though is it.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:03 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Part of the reason for this thread is to find out whether it is in fact acceptable to collude openly against specific players in killer. If it is, I hope admin can tell us that.

If it is not, I want to find out why offenses aren't sanctioned despite evidence.

If you are bored by this thread m_wood, you don't have to post here.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:06 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
not really.

If you think of Wrestling, if you had a triple threat elimination or a royal rumble match they would say its every man for him/her self and the winner would be the last man standing. same for killer
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:07 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
m_wood said:
This is merely because it was I that beat him.. twice, on the same night, and it simply ate away at his soul, thats what this is really about.
You overestimate yourself and the effect you have on me. I have not once mentioned your name in connection with this topic.

This is about cheating. You may have noticed that I have commented many times here and on pool on subjects connected to cheating.
m_wood
m_wood
02:12 Sun 30 Oct 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dgen, then as a wrestling fan you will remember Randy Ortons Group Legacy working as a team in the Royal Rumble with Randy Orton winning thanks to the teamwork.

Its not cheating, thats the point. You are just feeling unfairly ganged up on, but this can happen in Killer im afraid, if anybody advises another player on what shot to take, does that person Have to take that persons advice? The bottom line is this Whocares, even if NOTHING was said in the chatroom, it would still of been the outcome, just silently.

besides. You, whocares, are not a fan of mine.... So why even Join the game Knowing I was there. Besides, 'not mentioning me' and yet you feel fine to 'quote' what I and my friends say, sorry mate, but you dont drag my friends into your affairs.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Collusion in killer games

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.