Snooker UK Championship 2011

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:39 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Started yesterday, and currently Higgins, Robertson, Dott are through as far as i know

Ronnie is on against Steve Davis today, which will be a cracker.. Can see Ronnie edging that though.

So odds on to win it ?

Higgins, Ronnie or Selby for me
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:35 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
which ronnie turned up today? a very focused and determined ronnie.

Steve played well however couple loose pots and ronnie just turned the tables.

i must admit i didn't think of Steve that much in my younger days however i had a smile this afternoon and hope this isn't his last UK tournament.

Ronnie all the way
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:05 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Higgins.
samj147
samj147
20:16 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Gotta be Ronnie or Selby for me. I don't appreciate Higgins as I did before...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:26 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
mark williams for life!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:28 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have never understood why "Ronnie" Is the only snooker player on the circuit who regulary gets called "Ronnie" There are 3 better players in history than him who still play (hendry,Davis,Higgins) but they never get the old first name treatment.. His attitude is just as bad..
I hope trump or carter win it..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:30 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
yeah, I really like Trump's style of play reminds me of Jimmy White's flamboyance around the table, just a great player to watch!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:43 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
No Trump is more off Paul Hunter, great snooker mind, and attacking
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:46 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
If higgins and ronnie both win there next game it will be them 2 playing in quarters
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:10 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
masterplan said:
I have never understood why "Ronnie" Is the only snooker player on the circuit who regulary gets called "Ronnie" There are 3 better players in history than him who still play (hendry,Davis,Higgins) but they never get the old first name treatment.. His attitude is just as bad..
I hope trump or carter win it..

i said Steve in my post

but mainly i call him Ronnie as hes my favourite snooker player, just like Phil Taylor in Darts.

the Stephen part is tricky as there are at least 3 stephens (maguire/lee/hendry) and if 2 of the 3 played each other if you said Stephen will win, which Stephen?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:36 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
He's my favourite snooker player too, we all know what a legend Stephen Hendry is, we also know two or three players who have more trophies and achievements than him, but Ronnie has that special touch which makes him so exceptional as a player. He's not only an extremely gifted player, but a distinctive character too, like Alex Higgins was. In any sport there are good and bad players, but there are only a few who can turn the sport into art, like Zidane and Cruyff in football, like Michael Jordan in basketball and like Ronnie in snooker and make the crowd go wild. And this is often the case not only because of their skills, but also because of their special personality which makes them so popular.

Edited at 20:44 Sun 04/12/11 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:36 Sun 4 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
He was the reason why I loved snooker and he might be the reason why the odd fan from Hungary, Turkey, Belgium or Spain might be interested in snooker and promote it to his country and spread the word.

And that's the major disease of snooker in my opinion, the fact that it's only a UK affair. Look at the 32 regulars in a major tournament and you'll understand what I mean, you got 25 Brits, 2-3 Irish, 2-3 Chinese and 1 Australian or Canadian every other decade.

Would be awesome to have a big World Championship one day with Brazilians, Americans, Germans and Africans competing for this great game we love.

So there's your answer why we call him Ronnie but we call the rest of the players with their surnames. Because there is only 1 Ronnie and will always be!!

So GO Ronnie!! Greece loves you. Blink and you'll miss him!! IT'S THE ROCKET!! lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:43 Mon 5 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Never liked O'Sullivan, no doubting his talent, just his attitude and commitment to the sport.

He has underachieved remarkably considering how good a player he is, but there we go.

IMO Hendry, Davis, Higgins all go down as superior players.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:42 Mon 5 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Higgins is a good player but being banned for 6 months is almost as bad as walking out on a snooker match if not worse.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:19 Mon 5 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Banned for what though?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:33 Mon 5 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
taking money of gangsters to win or lose a game by a certain amount of frames.. summit like that anyway
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:08 Mon 5 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
2good said:
Never liked O'Sullivan, no doubting his talent, just his attitude and commitment to the sport.

Just makes him less of a robot... At least hes honest and shows some character.

Cant say I have liked all of his actions and often dont understand them, but at least its interesting to watch.
cue_power
cue_power
16:14 Mon 5 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
He was set up by the papers... got it all on tape. PRetty embarrassing.

But Higgins is my favourite because he is a normal bloke.

Ronnie has similarites with Lady Gaga, drinking hot water... runs 6 miles a day? He has demons, which is no secret. I just think it must be hard for Ronnie. So much added pressure to perform. He is without doubt the best player to ever grip a snooker cue. Yes Hendry was excellent and edged Ronnie, but Ronnie has done so much catching up.

Ronnie has double the centuries than Davis, and whilst Hendry still has more than Ronnie, Ronnie has many years left in him.

I dont like that Higgins is a Celtic fan, and I would not care in the slightest Higgins and Ronnie becuase I think they are both great.

I think Mark Selby will win. He is in good form, and he always progresses as it goes on. With Higgins v Ronnie likely, it takes a lot out of them too early on.

Murphy and Ronnie yesterday, I got the hump with them for not playing for the 147. There was a fairly simple shot for both of them that were not reckless but they both opted to play the blue.

I know its a lot harder than funkysnooker but still

But still, there are too many Peter Ebdons on this site and not enough Ronnies!

Ronnie plays the way EVERY SINGLE PERSON should on this site.

That yellow he potted yesterday, ridiculosly good!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:21 Mon 5 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Higgins was not banned for taking any money off anybody.

He was banned for failing to report an approach by an illegal betting syndicate. A very minor offence in all honesty.

The N*TW are still crying about it now.

Edited at 14:25 Mon 05/12/11 (GMT)
cue_power
cue_power
16:36 Mon 5 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
He is on video with his agent, his agent takes an envelope and Higgins and his agent both agree to what the pretend gangsta was asking for, which was frame fixing.

Higgins got off mega lightly.

And no matter how its sugar coated, its really bad.

The reason Higgins failed to report it was because he was trying to take money off a guy to deliberately lose frames.

So of course he didnt report it haha!

But because Higgins never handled the envelope he didnt get a life time ban, just 6 months.

If this was anyone outside the top 16, they would of 100% been banned. But because it was Higgins, they had to defend him.
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Snooker UK Championship 2011

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Sports Chat.
Back to Forum List.