Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Is the new era of Funky Snooker finally coming through ?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
10:07 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

I've said it before and I've said it again, the number of maxes/cents/halfs someone hits tells you nothing really, the ratio of frames per maxes tells you a lot more. 100 maxes in 1000 frames is a lot better than 200 maxes in 10000 frames. But you also then have to remember that these days there are a lot more people resetting so most of the stats are incomparable anyway .

See you say this Adam, but then, Look at tyler, whenhe started on i_am_blessed, he was hitting maybe 1 arc max every 40 games. Now, when you play him, your pretty much garunteed to see a max within 10 frames, and i personally have seen him hit 4 in 10, yet his earlier account life makes his ratio no where near what it could be
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:36 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
No, if damee, quick_pot, destiny, j_d were playing regular, you'd all look like newbies ;)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:35 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
See you say this Adam, but then, Look at tyler, whenhe started on i_am_blessed, he was hitting maybe 1 arc max every 40 games. Now, when you play him, your pretty much garunteed to see a max within 10 frames, and i personally have seen him hit 4 in 10, yet his earlier account life makes his ratio no where near what it could be
Luckily that's the same for everyone! But then again, this isn't tyler's first account, so his 1000 awful frames from the beginning that would bring his stats down aren't even included.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:54 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
^How about all the guys like me who had their stats wiped from their first 6000 odd games ^
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:55 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
"had their stats wiped". You mean you reset? Or was there a restart at some point.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:02 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
No, I've never reset over here, this is my first and only account.

I'm pretty sure around the end of 2008 ish (date may be wrong) there was a full server reset so everyone's stats and ranks were reset but people's games played and tournaments won didn't get reset - Just highest rank, current rank, breaks made and all that stuff.

Although I may be wrong about the games not being reset
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:17 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
haha you're pretty much the only left from that time, so nobody can confirm this
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:21 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol makes me feel old

I'm sure dgen or somebody can either back me up or tell me that I'm wrong!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:27 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
On the other hand, for a long time non-ranked frames were not being added to stats, even though the breaks achieved in them were being added!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:37 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
He is right I think it was 09 though something I remember my rankings changed but they wasnt high then anyway so it didnt matter, and I didn't come on everyday I just remember coming back and was like newbie wtf
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:57 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
On the other hand, for a long time non-ranked frames were not being added to stats, even though the breaks achieved in them were being added!

I didn't know that!

Whey someone backed me up lol
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:45 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i miss them and all the old untouchable lot,

jaaaames
curt
dano7
daraghh
nicko

and many more, such a shame this site doesnt have these people here still and the activity that was once there.

Think i started in 08? this the only account ive had but im not bummed checking. They were the best days iv had on this game mate!

As for the topic.. its came around a couple of times since ive been on this game and its the same theres never a definitive decision its just a debate really, but i think last time it came up we had a match it was the
"New Breed" v "The Golden Oldies".

Of Which i would have been in the new breed along with the likes of tyler danny james cue think seb could have been in there too and everyone seems to forget magical_cue when they talk about arcade, if you dont know him he, in my opinion, was the best arcade player there was on this game ever. He had the cue ball on a leash.
The Golden Oldies were the likes of destiny damee youngjeezy, ste played aswell i think. I dont think the game was finished though.

Anyway the way i see it is that every maybe 3 years the balance in power changes and another new breed begin to take over and top the rankings and hit the maxes and win the tournaments and thats when the group that lead the pack before them is brought up to see whos the best.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:55 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Cant forget Budweiser aswell!!!
i_am_james
i_am_james
18:26 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

I'm pretty sure around the end of 2008 ish (date may be wrong) there was a full server reset so everyone's stats and ranks were reset but people's games played and tournaments won didn't get reset - Just highest rank, current rank, breaks made and all that stuff.

I remember this, it was just before or after the introduction of Regular snooker, everyone's stats were wiped back to 675. Was like some sort of rank reset. Kind of strange if you ask me. Nick should do it again haha
_wales_lad_
_wales_lad_
20:10 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  

i remember that, my rank wasnt as high as now but they got swiped lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:01 Sun 21 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol makes me feel old

I'm sure dgen or somebody can either back me up or tell me that I'm wrong!

correct, server was fully restarted as the whole ranking system was changed.

Back then i gained +20 from ste_efc in one Original Frame, nowadays that would be about +10 as he was +50 rank ahead or a bit lower.

So you can see a big change encouraged the site reset, surprised it wasn't wiped when Ranked Tournaments were introduced but it wasn't such a big change as the old ranking system.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:08 Tue 19 Nov 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Moderator:
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't follow our forum rules. Replies may also be deleted.

For more detail see http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewPostingRules.do
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:20 Sat 18 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
In my opinion the players back in 08 such as sean_paul, quick_pot, virtuoso107, ragefire, youngjeezy, damee, jay_afc, fastboysam (can't forget him ;) ) and so on.... they were so much better players than what's playing now. I miss you all, can someone tell me were quick_pot has gone? Imagine all the players named above and so many more that I've missed out (sorry) playing against the players now?! I'm sorry but in my opinion we would come out as strong winners, our usernames alone would scare you. love to know what all my old mates on this are upto now, drop me a little message if you see this!! Take care, one day we will all be back to master this site ;)
damee
damee
00:29 Sat 18 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm about once in a while

There is some on here who are really good players who would challenge who you have listed. Standards are definitely higher compared to what they used to be (with the exceptions of what you have listed ste) but to be honest the only couple that without doubt should on that list as great players are destiny and whocares8x8 who are possibly the 2 greatest to play on this site ever.

It was only the maximum rank which was reset, nothing else was affected.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:44 Sat 18 Jan 14 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good to see your still about, you not retired yet? I'm still waiting for the call off Nick offering me a lucrative offer to come out of mine

Nar I disagree with you the old guard would come out as winners, on our day, even Sam was quality haha if only there was a way we could find out ay?! But maybe I'm being biased because I don't really know the regulars these days, but I'd fancy my chances on any game type with the exception of carom against the current top players
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Is the new era of Funky Snooker finally coming through ?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Shouts.
Back to Forum List.