Game stats and resets

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
02:55 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
So, as a person who reset my stats a lot within the first 4 or 5 months of joining funky (bearing in mind I played as a guest for atleast 6 months) I one day decided to just keep them, no matter what.. So I've done just that for 6 months now.. I'd be interested to know how many people still have their original game stats from their first months of joining funky .. As I know people improve over time so probably want to reset stats to make your percentages more reasonable for the player you are now, rather than building from bad percentages when you were getting a feel for the game... I think most of the people I know have done a reset at some point for this very reason.. So!.. Does anyone have their original stats, and do you find it affects your percentage for the player you are at the current time in your funky life, OR do you enjoy the challenge of bettering them with your percentages still in place from when you were a weaker player? An enquiring mind wants ta know!
adam_147
adam_147
02:58 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Mine are original and it's my first account. There aren't many though! I'm pretty sure Destiny is the same if you want another example.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
03:01 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Mine are original and it's my first account. There aren't many though! I'm pretty sure Destiny is the same if you want another example.

Ah awesome.. I kinda wondered if yours were original because of the amount of Carom games you played (11,000+) no wonder you're a beast at that game!
linfield1886
linfield1886
03:13 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've never reset and this is my only ever account
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
03:19 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

And how long did it take you to start knocking in regular halves , cents etc?
adam_147
adam_147
03:23 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yep and over 100,000 shots haha. Bit annoying that I started when it used to count 4+ runs not 5+ so my first batch of 5+ are lost but it wasn't that many.

If we are reminiscing then my first half cent was an 87 clearance in regular against i_am_god on my first day on here . I had played 10 or so games as a guest before I joined though.
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
03:25 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yep and over 100,000 shots haha. Bit annoying that I started when it used to count 4+ runs not 5+ so my first batch of 5+ are lost but it wasn't that many.

If we are reminiscing then my first half cent was an 87 clearance in regular against i_am_god on my first day on here . I had played 10 or so games as a guest before I joined though.

How long playing carom before you would consider yourself to have been a 'good' player? Mind you, I suppose that's personal perception, what a 'good' player is, but you know what I mean..
adam_147
adam_147
03:33 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hmmm it took me well over 1,000 frames to get to 30% turn success. Then probably another 1,500 to get to 40%. After that I got to 50% pretty quickly then moved on. My standard for carom would be a current (i.e. not career) turn success of 40% for average, 50% for good, 60%+ for beast. For players who have been around a while then their learning period will be pulling their turn success down, i.e. my career turn success is 54.6% (I think) but in reality I would normally shoot at about 65% success. Destiny and Etarvt can push 70% on a good day but would be consistently high 60%s although their stats don't have that as their turn success. So don't believe everything you read .
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
03:45 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Hmmm it took me well over 1,000 frames to get to 30% turn success. Then probably another 1,500 to get to 40%. After that I got to 50% pretty quickly then moved on. My standard for carom would be a current (i.e. not career) turn success of 40% for average, 50% for good, 60%+ for beast. For players who have been around a while then their learning period will be pulling their turn success down, i.e. my career turn success is 54.6% (I think) but in reality I would normally shoot at about 65% success. Destiny and Etarvt can push 70% on a good day but would be consistently high 60%s although their stats don't have that as their turn success. So don't believe everything you read .

Hmm mines 32% with no stat reset in 6 months, although I've only found myself to be even consistently decent within the last month I'd say.. Weird but, doing the practise 100 daily I think has been the biggest help to me .. 600 games (there abouts) in the last 6 months and a 47 practise total I'm kinda proud of.. Even though i'd reset my stats within the first few months solely because of a low carom rank, regardlss of having cents in both reg and orig that I can't seem to get again now even though I'm a much better player.. So I regret resetting
linfield1886
linfield1886
04:13 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

quite a while to be honest. I've only ever played this game on a laptop. First laptop, I didn't have a mouse, only a mousepad. I got this laptop about 3-4 years ago and hated the mousepad and slatty (an old mate of mine on here) posted me a mouse. Took me ages to get used to that too!
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
04:15 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

quite a while to be honest. I've only ever played this game on a laptop. First laptop, I didn't have a mouse, only a mousepad. I got this laptop about 3-4 years ago and hated the mousepad and slatty (an old mate of mine on here) posted me a mouse. Took me ages to get used to that too!

I'm exactly the same, played as a guest for 6 months on laptop, played with stats almost a year with laptop.. I bought a mouse 4 or 5 months ago but I just couldn't get used to how it moved in comparison.. So I'll stay that way I think.
baff
baff
Admin
10:48 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

I'm in the same boat!
Only 1 account, no resets.
I seem to remember it taking a few months to start getting 1/2s, and considerably longer to go on to a cent (anywhere! lol).
adam_147
adam_147
13:26 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  

I'm in the same boat!
Only 1 account, no resets.
I seem to remember it taking a few months to start getting 1/2s, and considerably longer to go on to a cent (anywhere! lol).

I guess when you were starting you didn't have the admin 'nudge' button available for balls left in the jaws
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:56 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Only had one reset i think when i got set of maxes but my important stats are on my about me page.

carom took me two or three weeks to learn (self taught) then got players like destiny involved.

My turn success before reset was roughly the same as it is now so no worse off in that respect.

I was #1 in Overall Wins before i reset though and if i didn't (Power released earlier would have helped), it would be a close call with me and budweiser due to my 2 year absence due to Talk Talk
thegame26
thegame26
21:52 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
still on my first account & have never reset , i wasnt great at the start hence the reason my halfs/cents ratio isnt that good

i have often wondered how my ratio's would be now if i did reset
clifton188
clifton188
23:25 Sat 14 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
ive never reset and i never would,i dont see the point of it i know id regret it if i did,im not sure if my stats are good or not but they are what they are
budweiser
budweiser
00:30 Sun 15 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ive never reset, first half within few hours and first cent within few days

Everything just takes time.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:31 Sun 15 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
3-6 months for first half, over a year for cent and 3 years for max, those on Arcade too.
fragmented
fragmented
13:13 Sun 15 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I'm of the opinion that your stats should reflect the whole picture of the time you've been registered, not just the bit you think looks best.

All a bit vain imo, it's a game.

I've got 4k wins and lost 3k in orig, only ever one account - makes me Mr average

I also think the amount of resetting lowers the credability of rank points/position anyway
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:28 Sun 15 Feb 15 (GMT)  [Link]  
I've never reset and only used one account. Don't see the attraction tbh
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Game stats and resets

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.