Upcoming Tournaments Chatroom

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Tournament News.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
clifton188
clifton188
13:57 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
its a shame the snooker forum is dead really and yet more play snooker than pool and their forum is booming.We should look into making this forum more active somehow
count_raven
count_raven
14:39 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It is not only the forum going down.

If I compare to lets say 2-3 years ago there were loads of more people playing it!
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
14:49 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks for your input. So Ian thinks like in real life:

Final: race to 18
Semi-final: race to 13
Quarter-final: race to 8
Others: race to 3

I love long formats and would probably play this. However, this would take hours and hours to complete. We used to run a tournament series in the event section that had very long formats. The "World Championship" was an orig tourney with the final at Race to 10. The semifinals and final were only once played in one session, because usually, something gets in the way which wont allow you to stay for hours at a time.
So I don't think extremely long formats will work as a standard tourney here. Arcade maybe. Orig- final at the very most race to 7 or 8.
If there was an option to interrupt play between frames for a couple of minutes (think pokerstars at the end of every hour), then maybe.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:35 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I've been wanting to play in these but usually times haven't suited. Should be on for original tonight. As for the best of 35, it does take two days to play that in real life . I'd be interested in a longer format maybe once a month or even less often maybe but max best of 19 for the final. The suggestion to take a few minutes break after maybe 4 or 5 frames sounds like a good idea if it can be implemented
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:00 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Agree - a 'super' length tourn with good rewards needs to be now and again, too many of them would not really get us anywhere with new numbers joining the game.
budweiser
budweiser
16:37 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I've been wanting to play in these but usually times haven't suited. Should be on for original tonight. As for the best of 35, it does take two days to play that in real life . I'd be interested in a longer format maybe once a month or even less often maybe but max best of 19 for the final. The suggestion to take a few minutes break after maybe 4 or 5 frames sounds like a good idea if it can be implemented

Ok so maybe once a month have a Monster Tournament. Last Sunday in month be best. I did play 12 games of carom in less than 45minutes. So depends how fast and good the other person is.

Agree - a 'super' length tourn with good rewards needs to be now and again, too many of them would not really get us anywhere with new numbers joining the game.

I have msg'ed nick asking for rewards in Super Tournaments:

Rank bouns (extra) 15/20/25/35/50/100
Tourna points (extra) 25/50/100/125/150/300
Free premium membership for: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1month

its a shame the snooker forum is dead really and yet more play snooker than pool and their forum is booming.We should look into making this forum more active somehow

Well it is summer upcoming and this does happen until around 5/6/7/8pm

Thanks for your input. So Ian thinks like in real life:

Final: race to 18
Semi-final: race to 13
Quarter-final: race to 8

I love long formats and would probably play this. However, this would take hours and hours to complete. We used to run a tournament series in the event section that had very long formats. The "World Championship" was an orig tourney with the final at Race to 10. The semifinals and final were only once played in one session, because usually, something gets in the way which wont allow you to stay for hours at a time.
So I don't think extremely long formats will work as a standard tourney here. Arcade maybe. Orig- final at the very most race to 7 or 8.
If there was an option to interrupt play between frames for a couple of minutes (think pokerstars at the end of every hour), then maybe.

Just had a idea where a button could be added to end game if was 4/5/6-0/1 down (race to 7/9 etc) and didnt think could win, therefor game is won and rank is added. Like Power.
budweiser
budweiser
16:51 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Possibly longer is meant for Arcade/Carom/Power.

But really depends on players speed and how they play.
budweiser
budweiser
17:23 Sat 18 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Original Super Tournament today at 7pm. If cant make today's Tournament, there is a
Original Super Tournament Replay tomorrow at 3pm.

budweiser
budweiser
03:33 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Congratulations to count_raven for winning the Original Super Tournament.

For all those who missed today's Tournament, tomorrow there is a
Original Super Tournament Replay at 3pm.

Edited at 00:36 Sun 19/04/15 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:14 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Super tourns - I agree with mark, lets have these be exactly what it says on the tin.... super! final frame, best of 35 etc. Not for the faint hearted at all Also, a tourns to be given tournapoints and a good amount too for winner, runner up etc. Maybe a % of it based on your rank etc. Also, rather than the tournapoints being based on number of entrants, fix it at like 4000 etc, something that will draw the crowds

True however you need to think about players health as well, unless they have eaten or a relative make it for you then you don't win the tournament unless you starve yourself.

Best of 19 is furthest i would go unless it is possible to do it in two or three sessions like the World Championship.

You don't see them playing 35 frames at once, if this is the case the tournament would need to be really early.

Edited by forum moderator budweiser, at 19:55 Sun 19/04/15 (BST)
budweiser
budweiser
22:50 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Congratulations to stuartl2011 for winning the Original Super Tournament Replay.

budweiser
budweiser
22:54 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Super tourns - I agree with mark, lets have these be exactly what it says on the tin.... super! final frame, best of 35 etc. Not for the faint hearted at all Also, a tourns to be given tournapoints and a good amount too for winner, runner up etc. Maybe a % of it based on your rank etc. Also, rather than the tournapoints being based on number of entrants, fix it at like 4000 etc, something that will draw the crowds

True however you need to think about players health as well, unless they have eaten or a relative make it for you then you don't win the tournament unless you starve yourself.

Best of 19 is furthest i would go unless it is possible to do it in two or three sessions like the World Championship.

You don't see them playing 35 frames at once, if this is the case the tournament would need to be really early.

Every 15minutes it recommend that you take a break from looking at screen due to eye problems.

But at the moment am sure 10 (max limit) per round is fine.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:01 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah i got told that at college too although we had like 45 min lessons or something. Two classes in morning and Two in afternoon if it was a full day
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:22 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
15 mins and take a break.... too late for me..... 30 years bashing the keyboard... eyes poor and glasses on I'm still keen on an awsome lengthy tourn
budweiser
budweiser
23:28 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Same applies to watching tv. But who would do that
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:33 Sun 19 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
15 mins and take a break.... too late for me..... 30 years bashing the keyboard... eyes poor and glasses on I'm still keen on an awsome lengthy tourn

true but you have to think of food too, multi sessions final would be good. e.g. Best of 35 can be 8, 8, 8, 11 at lets say 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 9 pm, fail to show and you lose that session. fail to play 8 and those carryon into the next.

9 pm one is one where you play all the remaining frames with no limit

doubt it could be done though
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:20 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I was thinking if it was possible to have say 20-30 minute break between the longer rounds. So say play up to last 16 and then a break before quarter final, play quarter then break, play semi, break then final.
budweiser
budweiser
00:32 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I was thinking if it was possible to have say 20-30 minute break between the longer rounds. So say play up to last 16 and then a break before quarter final, play quarter then break, play semi, break then final.

I dont think its possible, as the break could be classed as winning your game and waiting for others to finish.
budweiser
budweiser
12:07 Thu 23 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
For all you Carom lovers, its Carom crazy this weekend

Choosen By You Tournament

I picked (winner 17/4/15)

Carom Friday 24th April 7.30pm
Final: race to 5
Semi-final: race to 3
Quarter-final: race to 5
Time limit 20 seconds

Saturday 25th April 7pm - Super Tournament.
Carom

Final: race to 9
Semi-final: race to 6
Quarter-final: race to 3
Others: race to 2
Time limit: 30 seconds

Sunday 26th April 3pm - Super Tournament Replay.
Carom

Final: race to 9
Semi: race to 6
Quarter-final: race to 3
Others: race to 2
Time limit: 30 seconds

Good luck
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:28 Thu 23 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
id like to play this but cant get on
Pages: 123