Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 1
si123
si123
17:45 Sun 25 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
A few facts:

Playstation 3:

Best graphics capability
Free to play online
Built-in Blu-ray player
Web Browser
Integration of BBC iPlayer (some HD)

Xbox:

Good graphics capability
Potential for future games in 3D.

Hmmm that's about it really

Also I believe the PS3 has got the fastest processor ever put in a gaming console!

On the age theme I have being browsing the internet to find out the average age user for a PS3 is 17-19 could not find any figures for a 360 but somewhere I read 16-18

Also to add to that ^ On the ps3 forum out of like 600 people posting their age most people seemed to be 23+

I had an xbox for about a week before I sold it as it's really not impressive, PS3 is much better the controller is more user friendly only thing Xbox has is kinect which is rather impressive.

Edited at 14:50 Sun 25/09/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:40 Sun 25 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
PS3 sucks cus it's for little kids that have small hands and can't be bothered turning there DVD player or computer on to watch films or browse the internet

Xbox 360 is for Real gamers and Gears Of War 3 is Xbox Exclusive so wrap that around ya
jack_pot
jack_pot
19:56 Sun 25 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
tinie_ said:
PS3 sucks cus it's for little kids that have small hands and can't be bothered turning there DVD player or computer on to watch films or browse the internet

Xbox 360 is for Real gamers and Gears Of War 3 is Xbox Exclusive so wrap that around ya

Xbox costs: £215
Bluray player / decent DVD player costs: £70 +
Online costs: around £30 a year??

That's around £300 - £350 depending on where you shop.
On Play.com you can buy a PS3 with Bluray built in, free online gaming, for around £200..

In other words, you pay more for Xbox and get less......

I use the internet loads on my PS3... It's a lot nicer watching a film on a 32" TV than on my 11.5" laptop.

Also, Gears of War is nothing in comparison to the Metal Gear Solid series...
jack_pot
jack_pot
20:09 Sun 25 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
double post
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:27 Sun 25 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
IMO Xbox 360 is overall better for me for the games (except one ) , the controller and online play is far better worth the money.
jack_pot
jack_pot
20:38 Sun 25 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Anyway this is pointless... The whole PS3 vs Xbox debate has been going on for years now and the truth is, it's all down to personal preference.
They both have their good points and their bad points.

PS3 is better though.
si123
si123
21:15 Sun 25 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Xbox sold about 50million
Ps3 sold about 49million

But that red light problem on the xbox didn't that effect like 1 or 2 million or something daft half under warrenty other half needing to buy a new 1 so takes total sales to around the same figure if you remove the mistake from MS in the first place

And Jack's right it does come down to personal preferance but as he also stated PS3 is better
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:41 Sun 25 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I'll shove xbox on now haha, need some games, traded mine in ages ago dont even know what xbox games i got left...;o
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:26 Mon 26 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Don't know where you guys are getting the idea that you can't watch DVDs on Xbox from...
si123
si123
20:41 Mon 26 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Blueray...
jack_pot
jack_pot
20:50 Mon 26 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
virt_slayer said:
Don't know where you guys are getting the idea that you can't watch DVDs on Xbox from...

Yeh nobody mentioned not being able to watch DVDs on Xbox, we were talking about Bluray.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:51 Mon 26 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
then why are you saying we would have to spend 70 quid on a DVD player? nobody really cares about Blu-ray tbh expensive waste of money really
jack_pot
jack_pot
21:33 Mon 26 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I didn't. Those that were saying they had an Xbox and a Bluray player separately are spending more money that if you just bought a PS3 with a Bluray player included.

Bluray players aren't actually a waste of money to be honest. You can clearly see the difference in quality, particularly if you also have a HDMI cable and a HD TV. What I like best though is that Bluray discs are pretty damn indestructible in regards to scratching... I've got Toy Story 3 on Bluray, and found it kicking about my floor the other day with scratches all over, yet it played perfectly fine as if it didn't have a scratch on it.

The difference in quality is pretty outstanding...
http://www.frontroomcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dvd-vs-bluray-full.jpg
si123
si123
21:38 Mon 26 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
I disagree, I got a blueray player I also like the concept of Blueray discs

It's not a waste of money at all it's an invesment 25gb on a single layer disc and 50 ona dual layer

Compared to an average disc of 4.7gb so yes it's worth the extra money.

See I like gadgets I like the best technology it's worth the money espiciailly if you are going to actually use the items which alot of people do! It's an investment
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:47 Mon 26 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
So far for the xbox i have had for just under three years i have spent about 200 pounds on it

160 for the xbox and then got 9 months free live and then got two xbox live memberships off of amazon for 20 quid a piece

I spent the money by selling all of my PS2 games and console at boot fairs. Not my parents
jack_pot
jack_pot
22:06 Mon 26 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeh but if you wanted all of the features that the PS3 has only with an Xbox, you'd have to spend more than if you just bought a PS3, which was the point I was making.

If somebody gave me an Xbox for free I would sell it for scrap metal.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:21 Mon 26 Sep 11 (BST)  [Link]  
theres 1 thing you can all agree on.

We will never know what best console is as always someone who will disagree.

example i say nintendo DS and 9/10 will probably disagree, its the same theory here with Xbox/PS3.

If you want a system to watch DVD's and play games online then Xbox is way to go.

If you want a system for blu-ray, internet browsing etc then PS3 is the way to go.

personally never tried a PS3 so i can't say what best console in my eyes is but while we have an xbox i won't touch a PS3, my only regret is Metal Gear Solid 4, was highly annoyed when it only came out for PS3.

for my personal preference i would go xbox unless your into browsing the internet on console instead of computer
Pages: 1
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Xbox 360 or PS3?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.