Clan Captains League.

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 145
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:18 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
damee said no defaults too and (at the time i thought it was a league game) most people seem to play after 6pm on weekdays and i play before 6 if that now. and weekends is bad for me. so its always going to be a pain getting my games played. so whats the point. i also suggest to not have me as vice captain for the clan captains league, cos if you cant sub captains in clan captains league (dont know if u can) then i dont want to "let people down" which could happen. plus im still a beginner at carom.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:20 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
If I were you I just would have left it saying that I couldn't play at that time... in league events a sub could have been organised.

This was a little different cos no subs can be made... however normally your have 2 weeks rather than 1, to get it played.

Either way, i'm sure no ones going to be disapointed with you for putting your livelyhood first. It's your call, all anyone else can do is ask... If its a no then so be it m8.
damee
damee
17:26 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Well actually, looking at team sheets for everyone, brent isn't down as captain or vice, it's fire_sword and cphaynes for the hustlers. So I have to change that to them two anyway.

Remember as well this first season is just to test the viability of it. If it all goes well, rules will change and be refined.

One more point before I forget, considering there are no subs, the deadlines are not set. So if someone is on holiday, then I can extend it for their games and carry them over to the next set. Considering I've scrapped the bonus point system for this, then I can't see too much of an issue with this point.
jay_afc
jay_afc
17:42 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I started to play dunkyfunky the other day. The first game was arcade when I think he got disconnected whilst leading. Do we replay this frame or do I get the win?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:43 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Good idea on not making it a fixed deadline. You should still put out fixtures that correspond to the league though- the date can be a guideline rather than a deadline.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:52 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
well it's a players job to help give the team a better/fairer game and im just saying how i think it was unfair in that situation. cos as far as i knew at the time we were 1 point behind all stars and i needed to win 4-1 by midnight deadline and i thought that not playing would cost us the match cos of no defaults lol. cos that week i was on here a lot except those two times my opponent gave. and wasnt happy about putting myself in an unfair disadvantage.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:54 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
i still dont really know the basics of how clan captains/ clan league games work and the effects not playing would have on the team, so it's still stressful for me.
damee
damee
17:54 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's what I'm going to do Seb. This way all games might have a chance of being played! Also, it can work for this as there isn't too many fixtures to be handed out.

Jay, as I said before, the deadline has passed, and this was just a quick friendly. I'm not doing defaults on this, no need to considering it has no meaning.

Seb, when does the main league start anyway?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:55 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
what's the bonus point system about?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:57 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Either Thursday (in 3 days) or Monday. Depends on who goes through.
Will be announced tonight once entire default team has voted.

We'll draw league and cup fixtures at that time as well.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
Well I think your team are lucky to have you... Not many that would care as much as you clearly do. Would be a shame for the hustlers and the clan league as a whole to lose you.

I'd suggest you message your opponents as early as possible once fixtures are arranged, telling them when your avalible. If the times are no good for them a subsittution can be made quickly to avoid defaults and everyone will be happy.
damee
damee
If a fixture set was complete, then the clans would receive bonus points. I've scrapped it though, don't see the need for it a league this size to be honest.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
17:59 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
brentologist said:
what's the bonus point system about?
For the Captain's League, I think there is none.

Normal league: If all fixtures between 2 clans are completed, both clans get a 10 point bonus.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:11 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
slatty said:
Well I think your team are lucky to have you... Not many that would care as much as you clearly do. Would be a shame for the hustlers and the clan league as a whole to lose you.

I'd suggest you message your opponents as early as possible once fixtures are arranged, telling them when your avalible. If the times are no good for them a subsittution can be made quickly to avoid defaults and everyone will be happy.

well i didn't want to let lee down. if it was another clan i would have retired by now /not joined in the first place lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:14 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
if clan matches were played before 6pm tho it wouldn't be as much of a problem to play. but still responsibility and fitting it into my doom schedule lol.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:16 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
multi table tournies / mtts start at 6 and go on til way into the morning if you can stay in em.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:16 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Haven't we played in tourneys many times at night?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:17 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  

Edited at 16:21 Mon 07/11/11 (GMT)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:17 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
situations have changed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:28 Mon 7 Nov 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
brentologist said:
if clan matches were played before 6pm tho it wouldn't be as much of a problem to play. but still responsibility and fitting it into my doom schedule lol.

There are many other players that struggle to play in the evenings. I have one like that (jonnytruant), I just make sure I sub him out if its going to be a problem.
Pages: 145
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan Captains League.

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.