League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 14445
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:56 Fri 26 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
seb is trying to make killer easier to set up and get played , not trying to make it much more difficult ,

i think 2 vs 2 in killer will be much easier to get played

maybe not vs the lad who posted before me tho , he makes things so complicated
Jumping to conclusions and assuming like usual are we Sarah? You are the ONLY person on this site that targets me and say's something negative about me.

I never said i wasn't for 2v2 killer or 3v3, i VERY SIMPLY stated that if we have 4 on each team on line, then why not do 4vs 4...would be more fun that way... obviously you don't like to have fun.

Pretty obvious, that the objective is to get killer done the simplest of ways...2 v 2 if necessary but 3 v 3 is standard. or 3 vs 2 if necessary, as "I" don't know if 2 V 2 is allowed yet.

Ok..go ahead nit pick n choose what u wan't to say about me now..as u always do.

Where did that judgement come from?
Because she said 2 vs 2 would b easier and nawt about 3vs3 and up, and course she thinks trying to get a game sorted with me is super complicated, when i make it all so very simple..i always have and will continue too. I even message other opponent's players to see if they are online, and can play, only if captain won't reply to me

Ill admit i didnt need to say she dont like to have fun.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:59 Fri 26 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
What's the big deal with this killer?

And why is everyone taking this discussion as a chance to settle personal vendettas

Any amount from either team are allowed to play if both clans agree. You don't want to limit it to just Vices and Captains as as Seb said, some teams have certain players arranging the killer.

You can add other rules, but captains can always find a way to exploit the rules. We haven't really had any problems with this in the past, so why would we now?

What's so hard, confusing or wrong about that?
Exactly..we just need to contact opposing team captain or whoever handles killer, and agree on a time to get killer done, and then contact our players and let them all know when killer will be on. Whoever is on that day and time, will play..if theres like 5 players on..which is rare then you pick 3..unless we want to do a 4 vs 4 or more...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:10 Fri 26 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
If you leave in the rule about as many as you want playing on deadline day, then clans who know they have 5/6 on regularly at that time will just make no effort to play it till then. Why should they try when they will have a big advantage from waiting. If you want to cut down on deadline day games then I think that needs reconsidering...
Sure, but in practice, if clans know they'll have 5 or 6 on, they will have that amount on at other times too and will get it played easily.

Anyway, the killer for next season has a different format than what we have currently. Pool showed that 2 games of 2v2 killer works very well and gets played easily.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
15:19 Sat 27 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah it does Seb and i think Jema should have stuck to her guns to keep it that way but so many people wanted the 3v3

I do think clans will use that deadline day thing to their advantage though but with the 2v2 system there should not be many killer games going to the default time to play or whatever you call it.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:30 Sat 27 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I do think clans will use that deadline day thing to their advantage though
Well, they've had the chance to do so for several seasons now and as far as I can tell, that hasn't been the case, so I wouldn't be too worried about that even if the system remained at 3v3
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:53 Sun 28 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
2v2 i think is better anyway and i liked it over on pool when it was 2v2 much easier to organise
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:06 Sun 28 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
And again, people can still choose to play with more players than that if they want to.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:02 Sun 28 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Schedule going into the new season.

-Signups will start tonight (I'll post on threads again).
-Signups will end Thursday, August 1st.
-Preseason Friendlies will start Tuesday, August 6th.
-Preseason Friendlies will end Tuesday, August 20th.
-Fixture Set 1 of Season 13 will start August 26th.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:03 Sun 28 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Schedule going into the new season.

-Signups will start tonight (I'll post on threads again).
-Signups will end Thursday, August 1st.
-Preseason Friendlies will start Tuesday, August 6th.
-Preseason Friendlies will end Tuesday, August 20th.
-Fixture Set 1 of Season 13 will start August 26th.

Great stuff, I'm back in time for new season
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:26 Sun 28 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Assuming your team makes it!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:27 Sun 28 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Assuming your team makes it!

How many games do we need to get played in total?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
20:30 Sun 28 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It will be two fixtures in the new format. If all but two games are completed, the team goes through automatically. Otherwise, it's up to the default panel.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:37 Sun 28 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
It will be two fixtures in the new format. If all but two games are completed, the team goes through automatically. Otherwise, it's up to the default panel.
Thats good there
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:38 Mon 29 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
So i guess sign ups never came, probs tonight?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
22:46 Mon 29 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, I forgot about that.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:47 Mon 29 Jul 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, I forgot about that.
No worries, i was like hmm wonder what happend
i_am_james
i_am_james
19:29 Wed 7 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding not being allowed to push out. What is the punishment for someone ''pushing out''? Also, how do we prove it?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:54 Wed 7 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Regarding not being allowed to push out. What is the punishment for someone ''pushing out''? Also, how do we prove it?
Good point, i guess both players should be very respectful, and one would be lying if both weren't agreeing to it..interesting.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
12:17 Sat 10 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry, didn't see this.
The punishment for any violation depends on how bad it is. Usually, there will just be a warning in the first instance, but we can give fixture suspensions and permanent bans.

Pushouts are hard to prove, but we always talk to both players when someone reports something. Usually, we get a pretty clear idea of what happened and often it's just a case of the offending player not knowing that a pushout isn't allowed in snooker. So in the past, we've always been able to solve the problem.

Also, multiple players saying the same thing is usually a good indicator. You can also ask a runner to watch the remaining games to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:24 Fri 23 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Happy with the set up and ready to do teamsheets if its a go ahead
Pages: 14445
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.