League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 14647
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:46 Sat 24 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes that's what it would look like and I'm leaning towards that as well now.

I would change it so that the Cup Semi and preliminary game are still in the same set. Rather, I would have no cup/plate games in fixture 6.

But this sounds good- the cup games will be done so that no team has a league AND a cup bye at the same time.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:46 Sat 24 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
For any who are confused here is how the previous fixtures would look in the 16 week season.

Posted Image

For the cup I put Allstarz, Anger, Black Ballers and Assassins in Group A and Snooker Loopy, Legends and D&C in Group B.(As I had an extra fixture, I put the Cup semis and plate preliminary on separate fixtures)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:50 Sat 24 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Here is the cup draw for this season:

Group A:
Snooker Loopy
Nocturnal Assassins
Black Ballers
Allstarz

Group B:
Anger Management
Snooker Legends
Dollars & Cents
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:52 Sat 24 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I like the cup draw :P
m_wood
m_wood
02:35 Thu 29 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Killer Games

Couple of things that I just want clarification on...

1) Are you allowed to purposely miss a ball/pot the white to give your team the best chance of winning.
2)Who is allowed to arrange the games of Killer? For instance.... I am vice captain, if I spot 2 of My Players online and 2 opposing players online but their Captain/vice is not online, can it be sanctioned.... or if I was not a Vice captain, same scenario... (in the case of no pre-determined planned time to play)

(i checked the clan website rules, no mention of these two things)

ty
msl
msl
02:42 Thu 29 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
1) Anything goes in clan killer
2) Up to each clan

Hope helps
m_wood
m_wood
02:48 Thu 29 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Up to each clan... but on what terms...

For example Legends Vs Ballers... Im online, Matt943 is online.... and eraser is online.... Lets play 3 man Killer... Legends finish 1st and 2nd... Blackballer 3rd.... but who sanctioned the match from Blackballers for this result to stand...... or can you only play it when Captains/Vices are online from both sides etc ya get meee brudda?
msl
msl
02:57 Thu 29 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Well I guess the final say is from the captain, but they may put someone else it charge of sorting out killer, or they may just say that everyone is free to play it if they are on. Just depends on how the captain runs it
m_wood
m_wood
03:03 Thu 29 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
^^^ With that being the case, can the League Runners find out the Protocol for Killer Games from each individual clan, this would be most helpful/useful.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:44 Thu 29 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Anger management ill contact the captain of the opposing clan for killer. But aslong as there is 2 players on from my side then they have the permission to play it if they want to. I would never agree to 2 vs 1 tho as to be at least 2..
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:26 Thu 29 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
For m_wood

1) Yes Pushouts are allowed in Killer Only, ANYTHING goes in Clan Killer

2) Yes you don't need the other Captain to arrange a Killer game, If you see 2 of each clan online it can be arranged

If Captain says no then i wouldn't arrange it however if the players arrange, the game is in agreement with the entire clan just like Substitutions later on in the fixture
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:04 Thu 29 Aug 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Yes, same as substitutions. Anyone can post subs, but we would prefer if a captain or vice did them.
Similar with killer- anyone can arrange the killer games, but it's better if captains or vices do it. If the game is played as a 2v2 or 3v3, then it's not a problem anyway. But if regular players arrange a 2v3 game for example, it can lead to problems.
m_wood
m_wood
19:39 Wed 25 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Couple questions just for clarity...

Example.
If the Snooker Legends clan post on the Team Changes Thread - M_Wood Out...... what is M_Wood to do? Is he free to join any team the following day? Or is he bound by his history with Snooker Legends?

If you sign somebody new, they cannot play in the current fixture set.
Example.
1 davey1985 (Captain)
2 thegame26 (Vice-Captain)
3 brettavit01
4 i_am_james
5 bluenose1872
6 zina
7 buzby147 -Offline 4 days
8 _wales_lad_ Laptop broke
9 samj147 Inactive
10 joeyy inactive
11 torres9 inactive

12 mich - Offline 6 days

In this position, what is a Clan to do? Should there be a plan in place where each clan is permitted say 2 Emergency Signings per season, where the new signings Can play in the current Fixture set?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
19:59 Wed 25 Sep 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Under the current rules, any new signings can only play in the next set.
Also, if you get kicked out of your clan, you have to wait until the transfer window until you're eligible to play for another team.

About the example you showed above: Ideally, the clan can see this coming and have at least 7 active players. In this case, Anger took action and signed 3 new people that are eligible to play in this set.

There is also a rule that clans can give other clans an emergency loan player. This has never been used but is technically an option.
Rules said:
2.7.3 Loans
Clans that are struggling to survive may loan players from other clans.
This is only a temporary condition and can only be used in absolute emergencies for the purpose of preventing a clan from folding. It allows the captain to sign new players for the next fixtures.
Loans must be approved by the clan runner as well as the captains of the clans involved in the loan.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:27 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Quick question

Allstarz have reached 15 in our cup game. If they were to reach 16 mid game would the remainder of the game need to be played?
adam_147
adam_147
00:43 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Frames count for Golden Cue so probably yes..
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:19 Mon 7 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Quick question

Allstarz have reached 15 in our cup game. If they were to reach 16 mid game would the remainder of the game need to be played?
Sorry it wasnt a quick enough answer. They would need to be played only if there is a chance it could impact the standings. So if any of the placements of the teams depend on it, we will have to do the defaults.
Frames count for Golden Cue so probably yes..
Yeah, that's up to the players though. They don't get credited for GC if they don't play the games.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:00 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I'm guessing this may be brought up soon and we briefly touched on this a few seasons back:

Should exceptions to the 31-day account age rule be made during the transfer window?

The purpose of the rule is to prevent players from leaving a clan, creating a new username and then signing for another clan, thereby getting around the no transfers rule.
Since players are allowed to transfer to another clan during the transfer window anyway, I would be happy to let players with new accounts play.
Once the transfer window shuts, any new signings must again have the appropriate account age, since at that point they could be trying to get around the transfer rule again.

It is the same principle why players with new accounts are allowed at the beginning of the season. They can't circumvent the transfer rules at those times.

If people are ok with this change/clarification of the account age rule, I would simply add "exception: transfer window" to the existing rule 2.7.2:
http://funkysnookerclanleague.weebly.com/full-rules.html
thegame26
thegame26
02:09 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
i agree totally with this seb
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
02:14 Tue 8 Oct 13 (BST)  [Link]  
lol of course you would.
Pages: 14647
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post