Clan League Discussion Thread

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 19293
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:01 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Maybe cut the number of players in a clan down to maybe 10 or something then the good players might be more spread out.
I don't think you can shorten the format for the league really as mooney said that is what the cup is for.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:01 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
lol peg, we can start by D&C and FSE not raiding all the other teams every season?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:09 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Season 8:
FSE (1) vs D&C (2). Score 18:17

Season 7:
FSE (2) vs Allstarz (4). Score 19:5

Season 6:
Globe Potters (1) vs Allstarz (3). Score 16:15

Season 5:
D&C (2) vs UT (1). Score 21:19
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:14 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
arpeggi said:
Been said before, i love the idea, BUT it would take agggessssss, and how do you really value the players? That alone would lead to arguments, and then youd have to pay people in money and the team wins in money.

Logistical nightmare

Something for the captains to get their heads around. Not sure it would be that difficult to implement or even simpler each player is rated out of ten. Each captain takes it in turn to pick. Captains have to choose at least 12 players with a maximum average of around 6.5-7.0

Surely people wouldn't be offended as it's only a game but just an idea to freshen the league up
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:17 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some problems:
- A number of players can't stand each other and would probably never agree to play in the same clan.
- Lots of players are in a clan for the banter and friends as much as playing the games, so they wouldn't be too happy.
- Rating players will cause fights, offend people, and drive the weaker players out due to public humiliation of being rated a 1 or 2.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:27 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
And there's me thinking everyone gets along

Nothing wrong with friends from different clans having banter in any thread and the rating system could be kept privately between captains.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:34 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
The easy solution that would accomplish the same thing is that all players go into a pot and we do a random draw for all the players...
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:43 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Understand your point but having the captains select, the first point you make a couple of posts up would less likely occur and secondly you are guaranteed a competitive league
sarahh
sarahh
13:19 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i think its a great idea , wonder what id be worth ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:29 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Some sort of draft competition would be interesting...

Maybe not as league but like the cup, a different competition?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:44 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Solution - There was something on Pool a while back. Some 5 a side thing.

People put their name onto a list, some will offer themselves forward as captains.

The rest of the players wouldn't need to be ranked IMO.

The captains will have a game of killer in order to determine the order of first choice. Winner picks their 1st player, then we go through in order of the killer result so the other captains pick their 1st player. (This then repeats in a loop until all players have a team)

Although completely random would be a lot easier.

If you want a different competition then you could have a '1 frame shootout'

Basic format
5v5
1 frame matches

With 1 player playing Arcade, another Regular and so on until all 5 2 player game types.

Pros
Should be even more unpredictable
Not many games - Shouldn't really have a default 2bh.

Cons
Could be very difficult to decide if it went to a default
Very few games
Would people actually bother to organise a 1 frame match?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:44 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
edit- I wrote this without reading mooney's post

The idea does sound nice, but I'm still not convinced on how any of it would work?
We'd have to get all 6-8 captains online at the same time to do a draft.
Would be double the work for captains, since they now have to manage 2 completely different squads (one of them where they may not know their players very well).

But there's enough time to try to set it up and get it organized before the start of the season.
This competition would be cup format and replace the cup (as a test).
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
13:50 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Mooney- What I want to avoid is a situation like pool where we have separate leagues, because that is quite frankly crap.

I think this would work much better as a cup competition (cup could be expanded in format slightly to give it a few more games- maybe 2 legs in each round?).

5v5 would make it more unpredictable, but would also mean that loads of players won't get a game. If the teams are already randomized, we can keep the format bigger than 5v5 right?

A draft is needed rather than a random draw of players, because otherwise you could easily get a clan that is clearly above the rest and make it even more predictable than it is now.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:39 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ahhhh i have succeeded!!

Might be something here like!

Sounds pretty dam random, i reckon it would be pretty good.

The only problem i see is..............There would not really be any clans would there......there is no team spirit......might make it a bit weird.

Grrrr, really want something to spice things up a bit.

What about like a really simple handicap for games them selves......like

I could only play against the top players in each clan, because otherwise it would be unfair. Aswell like damee couldnt play against a very low ranked player because he would smash him.
What im saying is the top players play the top players, and the captains arent aloud to do it any other way?

Just a thought
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:27 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Yeah, but FSE (for example) have ONLY top players, so half of them wouldn't be allowed to play?
arpeggi said:
The only problem i see is..............There would not really be any clans would there......there is no team spirit......might make it a bit weird.
This is the biggest issue in all this, I think. It will have nothing to do with clans anymore, which isn't really what we're trying to do.

Maybe a limit on transfer rules for now?
The top two of each season are not allowed to sign more than 1 player from another clan? That will stop arpeggi/damee raiding everyone.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
15:51 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
maybe a side cup competition? leave everything as it is but a fun cup competition where teams are jumbled?

either that or someone could make a trial competition in snooker events?
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
15:55 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
trial competitions never work. ever.

If we can figure out a system that people actually want to try, we can do it for the cup. But I just don't see how a random scrambling of teams has anything to do with the clan league at all. If we're all willing to get away from the identities of the clans, then I can see it being a fun competition in the future, although not clan-based.
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
16:01 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
Some problems:
- A number of players can't stand each other and would probably never agree to play in the same clan.
- Lots of players are in a clan for the banter and friends as much as playing the games, so they wouldn't be too happy.
- Rating players will cause fights, offend people, and drive the weaker players out due to public humiliation of being rated a 1 or 2.

One reason i choose to play for Black Ballers.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:32 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares8x8 said:
trial competitions never work. ever.

If we can figure out a system that people actually want to try, we can do it for the cup. But I just don't see how a random scrambling of teams has anything to do with the clan league at all. If we're all willing to get away from the identities of the clans, then I can see it being a fun competition in the future, although not clan-based.

I would'nt say trial competitions never work the super league on pool looks to be going well...
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:35 Sun 19 Feb 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
That's not a trial competition, that's a separate league I thought? He does say that it's a trial version, but people aren't going to give up on the FCL, are they?

Also, it's in its very first week
Pages: 19293
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Clan League Discussion Thread

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.