Carom Points after new updates

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 178
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:01 Thu 3 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
virt is right... however the point has been made across anyway, by various players, either if its 5 mins or 7-8 mins.

The amount of frames (4 frames in 8-10 mins is the thing to look for imo) ... Clearly shows that the game needs an increase in points..
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
08:05 Thu 3 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
virt_slayer said:
no thats 10 points in 5 minutes unless your first 10 took 0 seconds?

lol, i feel dumb, how the hell did i miss that!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:17 Thu 3 Mar 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
dont worry many have been outfoxed by me and my skills
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:20 Fri 1 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Just a quick (maybe pointless point) the arcade tournies since the clocks have gone back have had about 30 or so in.. Way less than the average arcade tournament past 4pm.

This shown that 5pm was a bad time to have a carom tournament and when the clocks go back in 5 month or so the carom tournament should not return to 5pm as it will get less people in it..

Maybe put the carom tournament for 7 or 8 Or swap it with that (pointless 9pm random tournament) where more people are online to get more people playing it..

Never really knew were to put this so put it in here

Basicily if you want more people learning carom and playing it at once, Put it a peak hours rather than were a lot of people are still at work, Coming in from school ect ect
^^ that is on about the old 5pm Tournament.

Sure if a few people agree with me they can maybe put on a few hours later which will = more people in it making it more competetive and more people hopefully playing carom.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:16 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/7901/new-carom-tournament

Nice been listened too

Just a question, what will happen to the random because if it is not on anymore, surely all the stats for the random tournaments should be removed?

Edited at 15:23 Mon 04/04/11 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:15 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
its just for 2 weeks to see how it goes and disagree because it goes to overall tournaments.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:30 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ay but if they are no longer avaidable to win or join then them stats should be removed. Sure whocares8x8 wont mind them 33 just vanish

Be interesting to see the number on the 9pm carom tournament over next 2 week can't be any lower than the 3-7 who normally enter the random at that time
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:42 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
i saw 10-12 enter last night, i couldn't due to major lag but hope to enter some over next 2 weeks.

if i can't make one carom tournie due to tea i can make the 2nd.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:03 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
lol! I'd like to keep my random stats, thanks. Used to be my favourite tournament!
Stick the random where the first carom is.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:04 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Nooooo

Just stick at half past an hour...it'll be over before the next 1 with 8 entrants (if that)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:07 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
that's fine as well, as long as there's a random (or stats don't disappear)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:15 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
ill talk to sam again when i see him if its possible to put a random at 30 mins slot

then we can keep carom and have random
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:17 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Just get rid of both random and carom completely

Both completely pointless tournaments that nobody enters bar .04% of the funkysnooker users

It may be unfair to use all the members since they are never on the same time.

Edit:
Assuming an average of 250 people on at any one time for any tournament.
You are still only talking about 1-4% of users entering the carom/random tournaments compared to at least 18-54% of users entering the other tournaments
the rule about non newbie in every game type to enter random completely belittles any random tournament win after the introduction of that rule. There is no pride in winning a tournament that 1-8 people enter at any one time. Chances are there will be a DQ aswell. Or even worse the person that won a tournament just because they joined and nobody else was able. Ridiculous! Personally I would get no pride or satisfaction from winning a tournament that way.

Edited at 18:29 Mon 04/04/11 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:24 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Just stick the random in at 8:30 or 9:30 like they do with that 10:30 original one..
But thing is barely anyone enters the random as it is, Used to get like 30-40 in them
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:29 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
its due to the fact you have to be non newbie in ALL events what involves tournaments to enter and as many cba to learn carom thats why you get less than 10 entries.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:10 Mon 4 Apr 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ranked should stay first to 5...more of a challenge...friendly's should have the drop down like

My point of view :)
Pages: 178
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Carom Points after new updates

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.