Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:52 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Dear Nick & co,

Now that tournaments are "newbie free"

its the right time to increase carom frame points to at least 10 or 15.

The main problem before updates was the time required for a newbie to complete a frame... But now, people that have played at least 50 games, can complete a frame much faster, and have more chances to win a frame, and to enjoy it for longer time too.

Lastly, ALL NEW tournament system is here to boost players' will to play in tournaments...It has to be applied to all games though, carom included...orelse, less and less people will want to take place to a tournament, were an experienced player wins str8 after break, within 40-60 seconds.

with respect, karlos (a.k.a fuzzy)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:02 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
10 i would say

but yeah i agree with your point
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:06 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Your opinion is important dgen, thanx for the feedback !

Spread the word, let's start making carom a more realistic game !
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
16:14 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
My suggestion would be an option for ranked and friendly games (5,10,15,20) and for tournaments make it 10.

(i give it 10 minutes until greatest pops up here)
baff
baff
Admin
16:19 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Whilst I'm neither the best carom player, nor its biggest fan, I have to disagree with some of your suggestions fuzzy.

Agreed, after 50 games you should have an idea of how to play carom... but I would imagine that there a still a high amount of part-time caromers who would still struggle to reach 10 points in a tournament game within the alotted time limit.

As it is with the current set up of 5 points, there are many occasions where the last match to finish in a random tourney, for example, is between two realitively inexperienced carom players.

Having said that, and I know that this has been called for in several previous threads, the possibility of choosing 10 or 15 points when creating a room seems a good idea.... it may just not be appropriate to tournaments though in my opinion.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:19 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
You make sence baff.

however i think the game should progress a bit further, as has happened with power snooker addition and tournament changes that are in favour of regular members/players and not the odd ones. Random tourney winner,means he/she should be fairly good at all types, not just snooker and then not at carom. If he/she can not complete 10 points in 20 mins in the final, then he/she shouldn't take the prize

i totally agree with whocares too, on every single point he made.

typo edit

Edited at 16:42 Wed 24/11/10 (GMT)
i_am_god
i_am_god
16:50 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:03 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i agree too

but its a thread to do with carom so pretty much a waste of time giving my opinion cause admin blank them most the time :L
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:35 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Agree 1000% with Fuzzy.
cue_power
cue_power
18:39 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Needs to be 10 for sure. It only takes 2/3 visits to win, which is slightly tedious.

"Please Nick, may we have some more"

Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:55 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Im so glad for the positive feedback

All caromers agree so far... And i think it's such an easy update for Nick to do

This will work Nick, we promise you !

It'll so much improve carom tournaments too!

(And it will convince the TOP players to join ! (most of them dont' enter anymore, so sad)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:59 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Before this update nick did, when newbies could enter tournies i don't think i would have liked this idea as a newbie v another newbie in race to 10 points would go on for ages, but since as newbies cant enter tournaments it should happen, Also be good to have an option of 5 and 10 for friendlies ect.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:01 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
10 for sureeeeeeeeee
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:27 Wed 24 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
max_is_back said:
Before this update nick did, when newbies could enter tournies i don't think i would have liked this idea as a newbie v another newbie in race to 10 points would go on for ages, but since as newbies cant enter tournaments it should happen, Also be good to have an option of 5 and 10 for friendlies ect.

Exactly that, spot on max!

Ye dgen, for sure 10 !
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
03:59 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
shhhh hey fuzzy, if admins do take note of this, you might as well bring up changing the lag rules!
http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/6777/carom-lag-shot/8 (and a bunch of other threads)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:44 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
whocares! lol

I love all the responces to my thread comments
Pity i was mostly newbie and i couldnt reply!

I'd like a change on lag too, but till then it's fun using it (i dont though)

" iiiiiiiif admins DO take notice of this" ... very well said !
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:49 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
i wish they would take note of this but ive noticed that admins generally miss carom out or look at certain threads which is a shame because carom is fun even though there are only a couple of games at a time.
radic
radic
13:36 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
carom players united !!!!
nick
nick
Admin
15:19 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
Allowing different rule variations (possibly to all games) is something I'd like to add.

It needs a fair amount of work though, and needs to consider ranking, for example in carom the better player's win percentage will increase as the point total increases.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:22 Thu 25 Nov 10 (GMT)  [Link]  
nick said:
Allowing different rule variations (possibly to all games) is something I'd like to add.

It needs a fair amount of work though, and needs to consider ranking, for example in carom the better player's win percentage will increase as the point total increases.

True, this will happen. I was thinking the amount of points to increase to 10 with
no other variations of total frame points, as a first update, so it's easier for you to consider ranking changes.

A change to 10 points would boost carom, i'm confident about this.

Then, on a later change, variations could be added.

thanx v much for the comment nick
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Carom Points after new updates

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.