Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Football manager 2012

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 167
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
00:23 Mon 16 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
hahah took your time on that post :)

any advice for the 2012 olympic team slection??? i have called up 20 players atm but was woonderring from experience if any are special and perform well for team GB?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:19 Mon 16 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
No experience whatsoever in the Olympics. Obviously starting in League 2 the Fa reportedly 'laughed' at my application for it despite wining the League. Needless to see who's laughing now?

Olympic squads are relatively small number wise. So I would suggest getting in a few versatile players. People may not agree but i'd go for someone like Milner as one of the over 23s.

I'd name some players but I'm unsure of the ages they are at the start of the game. Leigh Griffiths is usually always a prolific strike at international level for Scotland on all my games, so that might be worth a punt, along with James Forrest and possibly Fraser Fyvie are the only realistic Scottish prospects i'd have thought. I doubt you'd get anyone Northern Irish that is good enough.
mich
mich
15:17 Mon 16 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Was planning on smashing my game in today but forgot to bring my laptop to work so playing it on my phone and geeez they are so strict on the mobile version :/

Liverpool won carling cup in 4th and final of Europa league in my second season and they sack me because I defended one of my players who was getting attacked by the media.

So I took over Swansea the next season in L1 and currently 2nd having played 3 games and have a game in hand now they are disappointed at me although I haven't lost a game yet.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
17:47 Mon 16 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i got the iphone 2011 game, they went down to conference in straight seasons lol :)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
im second in the league (in 2011) one point behind and still in champions league and some of my squad

a) want to leave for a bigger club
b) think the club is underachieving

whats that about?!?!

I started off managing England international without any club, lost in Euro Finals and was offered Man City job.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
03:06 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
what football manager are you playing????
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:36 Thu 19 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
11 not 12 cuz im too cheap to upgrade after only getting 11 a few months ago
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
03:53 Thu 26 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
dead thread, anybody got any stories lol????
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:21 Thu 26 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Posted Image

Eww that was horrid not sure how we conceded 2 in the last minutes they were awful goals aswell

I suppose Jose Mourinho is their manager haha
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:00 Sat 28 Apr 12 (BST)  [Link]  
League form is stuttering again, even if I pull off a mighty end of season it's unlike I won't even make the Europa League from League position.

Got St Mirren to play in the last 32 of the Europa with either Aberdeen or Zenit after that should I progress. My away form is truly awful but atleast a couple of my kids are coming through. Have to admit, getting a little bored now lol. Haven't played it much recently. Been on this..

http://www.mousebreaker.com/games/newstarsoccer
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
02:37 Tue 1 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
gunna try finish 2nd season tonght, lost champsleague play off so in europa league, positions of europa group stage are garaunteed with a game left, dortmund 1st and im second, not sure who i will have though not checked, 2 goals from city and fulham at the top on 1st december, i was 5 points top this time last season, but messed up and finished 4th just below united, needed a win and united loss to come 3rd on last day, but i drew and they won :/
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
03:13 Wed 2 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Finished 10th. Testing season and some rebuilding to do by the looks of it. Lost in the quarters of the Europa to eventual winners Galatasaray.

Got my first real academy player to really break through this season. An Attacking Midfielder by the name of Joe Blankley. Just 17 years old made around 20 appearances in the League contributing to 6 assists, aswell as being used in the Cups and Europe where he scored 6 throughout the European campaign.
My assistant has him at Good for most Prem sides currently and he's dubbed the next Gazza and listed as a 'wonderkid'

Just gotta hold onto him. Villa offered 4.8m. Insulting.... When I rejected it he wanted a new contract and is now on 12K a week, but now has a 60M Minimum Fee Release.

Other Academy Noteables..
Zak Devine - ST, now 19 years old bit of a bit part player at the moment scored 4 goals in the League. Has become concerned over his playing time so could be sent out on loan for the next season. I think maybe a full season playing Championship football could really help him develop. He's currently 'decent Prem'

Kyle Challinor - CB must be around 20 now still got a bit to learn. Spent the season at Crewe my affiliate but didn't benefit as well as hoped. Is now being tutored.

Kwasi Hill - AM, 17 currently in youth squad has some potential and played well in the U18 and Reserves. Obviously could be overshadowed by Blankley being the same position. I'll post some Screenies later.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
04:52 Wed 2 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
10th! wow need to improve that league form mate :)

just finished a session, end of january at the moment, 2 points top on a 14 game unbeaten run at the moment, first knockout round of europa in 3 weeks, got easy draw in 1st and 2nd knockout rounds, hopefully get far this season, not too bothered about winning it im concentrating on league this season, already out of fa cup to chelsea 3rd round, and out of carling cup, hopefully can keep my advantage in the league till the end this time unlike last season
mich
mich
12:29 Wed 2 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Before my session today...

I am currently second behind Sheff Utd 3 games into my 2017/2018 prem season (also England manager too) and gotta play my World cup Quals too this season. My team at the minute is revolving around my young strikers Michael Nwaogu, Carlos Castillo, Charis Farinola and Craig Butler. All 4 are dubbed as wonderkids and Farinola and Butler are on loan to other prem teams (Farinola the current PL top scorer for Sheff Utd who are top). I also have wonderkid CB's and a few CM's so got a pretty solid team but still got some older players like Higuain, Hamsik, Gotze and Marin to keep strength in the team. I have a keeper from the Ivory Coast called Lassina Outtara who has just replaced Pepe who is now 35 or 36. Outtara is 22 and worth 35 mil hahaha.

Should get to at least February today maybe finish the season so will let you know how it goes!

EDIT....

Has anyone else noticed Jordan Henderson is superb after 2 or 3 seasons on this?
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
17:49 Wed 2 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
i have noticed scott sinclair is stupidly amazing after 2 seasons
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
05:48 Sat 5 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
if anybody has ever had a closer end to the season than this, i want to see it!!!!!!!

Posted Image
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:17 Sat 5 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Carroll 2 goals and 3 assists? UNREALISTIC much?

I got offered the England and USA jobs so I saved mine. Might have a Swindon save and a England save from now on. Or just decline it because International management is boring on FM.
ill_be_there
ill_be_there
22:56 Sat 5 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
carroll has come good for me, and he is an unreal super sub! also an amazing cheap attacking midfielder is esteban paredes, he 32 so not a reg,i got him for 4 mil off cardiff get him!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:09 Sun 6 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
He'd be 42/43 on mine haha.

I declined the International jobs. Currently this season.

Swindon 0-0 Lpool
Man U 1-1 Swindon
Swindon 5-1 Spurs
Fulham 0-1 Swindon
Swindon 1-1 Leicester
Leeds 1-3 Swindon

and easily through to 4th round of the Carling. James Forrest can't stop scoring for me. has 6 in his last 4 Prem games I think and 4 MOM awards already. Got Jaio Moutinho on a free. Even though he's 36 now hoping he can help my youngsters a bit, got him tutoring Blankley who got a call up for England and scored on debut at 17. Back in the U21s now though.

Looking better this season. Got a new keeper for only 3.9M so far good signing and happy with start of season considering Liverpool, United, Spurs first 3 games.

ill_be_there
ill_be_there
00:22 Sun 6 May 12 (BST)  [Link]  
5-2 against spurs? teach me lol
Pages: 167
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Football manager 2012

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.