League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 11617
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
04:59 Tue 16 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah the preseason friendlies aren't drawn randomly. I paired the 4 teams that I thought would be fairly reliable with the other 4. Then I had the two sets of teams play against each other.

Everyone gets 1 game against a "reliable" clan and 1 game against a "shaky" team. That way we can best tell who is at fault for what and who is having problems. If a team has to play two new/shaky teams, we can't really tell who is at fault.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:07 Tue 16 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
We have 2 good test's, so thank you!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:24 Fri 26 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
So is clan killer 100 percent this season, i feel it will be the only reason we dont make the league, as we could have games done today or 2mrw, if predators make subs..mark aint going to b onnext few nights he said, so :/ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
23:35 Fri 26 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
So is clan killer 100 percent this season, i feel it will be the only reason we dont make the league, as we could have games done today or 2mrw, if predators make subs..mark aint going to b onnext few nights he said, so :/ ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yeah if its not played by Sunday then it will be played at 9 pm (UK Time) on deadline day
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:00 Sat 27 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  

yeah if its not played by Sunday then it will be played at 9 pm (UK Time) on deadline day
what bout 9 pm uk time tonight lol

I would think now would b good time..
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
00:03 Sat 27 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
if i can get 2 on, atm its just me.
adam_147
adam_147
06:13 Sat 27 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Black Ops have dropped out of the league sadly, I assume it's too late to give us another clan to play? Barring killer we have completed the Allstarz fixture so hopefully that is enough to go off.
i_am_god
i_am_god
06:17 Sat 27 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
no we havnt dropped out at all
i_am_god
i_am_god
06:18 Sat 27 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
we just have a new thread
adam_147
adam_147
06:21 Sat 27 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
Sorry, assumed from your post of the team as you and James that you had started a new clan. My bad. It did look like you only had 2 players.
i_am_god
i_am_god
06:48 Sat 27 Oct 12 (BST)  [Link]  
everything is fine.
adam_147
adam_147
01:26 Mon 29 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Ok captains, need your opinions on something. Basically I've written a program to do a clan ranking system based on the player ranking system already used and using the frames won. could be done on a calculator, but this will be a lot faster in the long run! 4 Questions:

1) How should we rank new clans entering the league?

A) start at 750 (average score) and normal rankings then.
B) start at 750 and there is a newbie modification for their first season for the scores for the opponents.
C) Default team decide what they consider the correct ranking to be based on players.
D) Average is taken of the overall rankings of all the members and this is used.

2) What bonus should be awarded for winning the league/cup/plate/bonus league?

My initial thoughts are 60/50/25/15.

3) If a bonus is awarded, it is removed after the next season and given to the new winner. If a clan defends a competition, should they be given say 10 bonus points for defending that aren't removed?

yes/no

4) What should we do for the first season?

A) start every clan at 750 and let it work itself out.
B) use previous season's results for existing clans, estimate a ranking for them, add bonuses and then do new clans by question 1 above.

Any input would be very valuable, if no-one replies I will make it up

Edited at 23:35 Sun 28/10/12 (GMT)
adam_147
adam_147
01:30 Mon 29 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Oh, if captains dont reply, then other people just have a shout and I will see what people think .
bluenose1872
bluenose1872
01:33 Mon 29 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I usually hate your ideas Adam but i actually like the sound of that
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:35 Mon 29 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I usually hate your ideas Adam but i actually like the sound of that
I agree, will post later, with the agree's and the yes/no's n such But looks good.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:35 Mon 29 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Right, dgen has been after this idea for a couple of seasons now, so thanks for getting it written!

At first glance (and we've talked about this before):

1) Definitely not C or D, and probably not A.
My suggestion is for a clan's first season, keep them off the table and run the calculations on the side. When the season is over (or once they've played all teams once) see what the ranking would be based on those games. Then take that as the starting rank and run it from the beginning. If that makes sense.

2) Bonus depends on how much a normal fixture is worth. But the weighting seems about right, maybe with slightly different weightings- 65, 45, 25, 10

3) yes

4) We have data for the last 4 or 5 seasons I think, so you can use that if it's not too much work.
adam_147
adam_147
01:39 Mon 29 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
@Seb

1) makes sense. I can do that easy enough. What happens to opponents rank when they play them though? Just ignored?

4) running data on all that would take weeks. can use those results to estimate a ranking for them though and include that in option B)?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:42 Mon 29 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
cheers adam for writing this, if you can get an HTML link to me i can do a rankings page on the website

and yeah been after something like this for a few seasons now
adam_147
adam_147
01:45 Mon 29 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
It writes to a csv file, if you have dropbox or something I can just upload the Excel file when I'm done and you can do what you like with it.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:51 Mon 29 Oct 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
@Seb
1) makes sense. I can do that easy enough. What happens to opponents rank when they play them though? Just ignored?
Yes, it gets ignored at first and at the end of the season (or the first go-around), the games get included with the newly acquired rank for the new clan, that you've just learned from those first games. So a "ghost run" to get a ranking. Then use that ranking and run the games for real.

4) running data on all that would take weeks. can use those results to estimate a ranking for them though and include that in option B)?
That works too. Whatever is doable.
Pages: 11617
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.