League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 15455
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
23:52 Tue 20 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I have no problem with a separate league. I would say make it something very different to the one that exists, so that they dont end up competing with each other like on pool.
So if there is one, i think some sort of an indiv. League would be a good idea, because it would also circumvent problems like transfers for the different leagues and timing, etc.

I can help get it going, but dont want a part in running it.
If you want to separate players into divisions, you could use the golden cues of the past few seasons- very useful stat to judge skill.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:16 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Is there any way you could publicise the clan league to the site where every player has no choice but to read into it ?

Not sure if a admin could send out a automatic message to the site giving them a detailed explanation of how the league works etc..

Could encourage more teams into it.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:23 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I was genuinely thinking of proposing something along those lines now that I'm not involved over on Pool, albeit unofficial.

I'd be more than happy to offer my services
msl
msl
00:27 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Well as I said before, id be happy to be among a few who organised it. Just not full responsibility haha
_nerdzz_
_nerdzz_
00:41 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Help here if needed
thegreatone7
thegreatone7
00:55 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with kili, and think that there could be a second league running beside what already exists.

Just a thought... why not have an Individual Players League?

Currently there are 7 clans, thats roughly 84 players

So,
4 Divisions... 20-25 Players per division... Everyone plays everyone in their division once (What game types it would be can be discussed)... Once all the games are done, top 5 players go up, bottom 5 go down

Still a fair few factors to think about, but let me know what you think!

i like the sound of this could be alot of fun what format u looking at for this?
adam_147
adam_147
00:56 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I remember pool trying a thing where there was an individual league for each game type. It started well but people weren't getting the games done.

I think if we were to do something similar here then it should be broader than just arcade. I think either one league for each of the 5 game types or just do arc, reg and orig would be more widely entered as a lot of people don't like arcade. Plus if you do that then you can assign one runner to each league, which massively cuts down their workload.
msl
msl
01:00 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Unless, the game type is not set

In each fixture, you choose what 3 frames are, your opponent chooses the other 3
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:03 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Well as I said before, id be happy to be among a few who organised it. Just not full responsibility haha

That's what I meant
_nerdzz_
_nerdzz_
01:05 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Just make a format like one of each or like the pc format
adam_147
adam_147
01:06 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Unless, the game type is not set

In each fixture, you choose what 3 frames are, your opponent chooses the other 3

I think some people wouldn't enter if they thought they might have to play orig/carom/power or a game they really didn't like.
msl
msl
01:09 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
But they know that they will be able to choose 3 of the frames?

I think it would make it more tactical (because you can base your choice on both your own and the opponents abilities), and also make the fixtures more varied - Each week you will be playing something slightly different, rather then just arc, reg, orig repeated
adam_147
adam_147
01:10 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
But they know that they will be able to choose 3 of the frames?

I think it would make it more tactical (because you can base your choice on both your own and the opponents abilities), and also make the fixtures more varied - Each week you will be playing something slightly different, rather then just arc, reg, orig repeated

I think people would prefer just playing one type to be honest.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:11 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Hmmm, I'd suggest an Arcade & Original league. Possibly carom if there is enough interest.

I think that would cover everybody, no point in having a league for every type as that would be too many.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:13 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Whatever you do, dont make it too complicated, otherwise it starts looking like something that usually goes into the events forum.
An indiv. league competition with two divisions sounds pretty good. Format should include the main snooker types and maybe power. Carom will unfortunately drive players out.
Divisions would be doable players getting promoted each season. New players coming in could be classified according to their golden cue placement in the previous seasons.
Youll also need something in place to discourage people just quitting midway. Thats been the downfall of most individual league attempts so far.

Something like that will maybe give it an incentive to run longer than just one season.
adam_147
adam_147
01:13 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Reg wouldn't get many entrants I don't think, power neither. Most reg players are either arc players or orig players anyway. There's already a carom league for those that want it in events so maybe just arcade and original as you say.
msl
msl
01:15 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think we need to try something new though to make it attractive, otherwise it'll just turn out like other events and slowly peter out
adam_147
adam_147
01:15 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
Whatever you do, dont make it too complicated, otherwise it starts looking like something that usually goes into the events forum.
An indiv. league competition with two divisions sounds pretty good. Format should include the main snooker types and maybe power. Carom will unfortunately drive players out.
Divisions would be doable players getting promoted each season. New players coming in could be classified according to their golden cue placement in the previous seasons.
Youll also need something in place to discourage people just quitting midway. Thats been the downfall of most individual league attempts so far.

Something like that will maybe give it an incentive to run longer than just one season.

If it was just an arcade league and an original league as pirate said then if you got 12 players in each that would be 2 leagues of 6 so 5 fixtures to play over the season, or 10 if you played twice. Easily doable with 2 promoted/relegated each season.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
01:21 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think youll get more than 12 to be honest if you promote it as something "official" and not just another event.
You dont think one league would work better?
msl
msl
01:24 Wed 21 May 14 (BST)  [Link]  
I think having one league would work better, rather then splitting people into separate ones. But then you have the problem of what game type, which is why I said the players each choose 3 frames each
Pages: 15455
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.