League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18182
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
12:14 Mon 7 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Season has nearly ended so time to talk about rule changes, with the league on its last legs we need to try and be less strict.

One rule that has been changed is, any account (except second account and banned accounts) are allowed into the league with no account age.

If League is continuing next season (If we get less than five clans the league could very well fold).

here are the rules i propose...

Eligibility within fixture.

Current - there is a one set Quarantine in place for new signings

New - You can sign players within fixture and can play long as they haven't played for another team in same set, i think though due to killer you shouldn't be able to sign anyone on the last day otherwise at default time i could drab destiny.

Cup and Plate Finals was worrying too or last set.

Cup Quarantine.

Current - If you played for Cup Team you are Cup-Tied

New - You are no longer Cup-Tied in Cup Matches

Cup Swaps/Subs.

Current - Can't Swap except Captains permission, Players who Sub can't be subbed back in

New - Can't Swap except Captains permission to keep protection from match fixing, Players who Sub can be subbed back in (two subs to make a swap wouldn't be allowed also).

Other Rules seem to be in Order.

^ If you have any rule changes, don't hesitate to write them down and we can discuss
clifton188
clifton188
20:00 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Seems like the interest has lost tbh its been 10 days and not one person has replied,so maybe its just best to give it a miss which isnt good but no point wasting our time.
buckjam
buckjam
20:24 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Hey. I m still very much up for it. The summer is only just over and people may only just be starting to come back to the pc.
I think it would be a shame to fold the whole thing. Why not try 6 a side for a season. We should get 6-7 maybe 8 teams and try to keep it going. The connection issues might have improved by the end of one season and then you can revert to existing format.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:48 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sent this to Seb earlier today:

hey mate can you post thoughts on the league on discussion next season, seems next season we could be down to four clans.

league could work with 2 teams per clan with 4 players playing per fixture (Arc, Reg, Orig, Power), maybe 8 in a team or make it 12 and so it like Pool where 8 play and 4 can sub into either fixture. Cup could still be one of each but i'm not comfortable as...

a) I would have to do a brand new spreadsheet which would take weeks, maybe a month
b) If i can help it i don't want to change format

already proposed easier sub changes which not one person has replied so far

Cam was thinking of doing a clan but with his boxing pod casts, i'm not sure he has the time.

realistically can we do a league with four clans? or is it time to let the league rest and let it go in all its glory and revive it if the site is busier?

what you think?
erigert
erigert
20:49 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
In fact its strange why clans over here are in such a situation when the number of people who play snooker is more than those who play pool. I guess that there arent many people who want to captain a team here And also people who are ranked below 700 are never given a chance cause they are considered not good enough by many. Maybe give it a break till people start to ask for a league again.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:58 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
^ If we do change format i would have to redo the entire spreadsheet which is Fixture Layout, League Table (Auto), Golden Cue (Auto) among other things.

Would take a few weeks for sure but manageable, Tower upgrade too.

I'll be honest, ill be disappointed if it does fold and if thats the case i'll probably not log in much (even lower than now) unless a friend PMs me to play or i have CPL games.

Ran this league for 5 years but feels like its slowly dying and has for a few seasons, just people prefer tablets, phones, androids, xbox or playstations and less interest in laptops and pcs which are required to play.

If it does fold then its been an honour to run the league with Seb and have lots of teams along the way like the current clans (Dollars & Cents, Nocturnal Assassins, Curse on Demand, Funkysnooker Devils, Snooker Legends) along with past clans like Untouchables, Hustlers, Thunder Hawx, All Starz, Black Ballers and many more.

Thanks to the players also who has played and made league successful.

If it does fold then the League could be revived if the site becomes busier but realistically i can't see the site becoming like it used to be.

Question realistically is can we continue with four clans? years back i think adam said that it won't be a fun league and i don't know what to believe now with the site as it is.

Post your views, ty guys
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:07 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
In fact its strange why clans over here are in such a situation when the number of people who play snooker is more than those who play pool. I guess that there arent many people who want to captain a team here And also people who are ranked below 700 are never given a chance cause they are considered not good enough by many. Maybe give it a break till people start to ask for a league again.

zante said the exact same thing earlier, reason it got brought in is because we didn't have a league and was in high demand.

before league it was like 1st to 3 arc and you got one point per match win, back then a thread was created for nearly every match.

i said its strange arguments pool gets and going well, snookers quiet and dying. maybe we should argue too but zante said...

zantetsukenz
zantetsukenz
The arguments perhaps show some passion, what doesn't make sense is snooker being much more active than pool and having a much less active forum. Clans live on forums so to have active clans is to have active forums and vice versa.
Sent about 7 hours ago

pretty much spot on
clifton188
clifton188
21:13 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
ive said that since day one about snookers numbers being far greater yet noone bothers with the forum,maybe snooker players are more interested in a knockabout rather than a competitive league. who knows.
erigert
erigert
21:15 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
For me the main problem is that average players Never get asked if they want to join. While on pool there are at least two clans who give a chance to everyone.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:20 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
Without having read the discussion, a 4-team league sounds crap considering all the effort involved. I would recommend shutting it down for a season and just running a smaller competition. Teams of 3 or something. Something simple, but fun that enough teams will play in.
Then maybe try to pick it back up afterwards.
4 teams is not worth it I would think
Sent 6 minutes ago

I would be prepared to do this, new identity not affiliated with the main league (like individuals in a way), I don't think i will do spreadsheets though if its just for one season as its weeks of work for one season.

Players Championship and Individuals could still run those depending on interest.

If your prepared to have a new league for a few seasons maybe then come up with format, teams etc and post here.

For me Snooker has always been the "Peoples Site" much like The Rock is the Peoples Champion in Wrestling. I don't want to be one of those leaders who says "It is my way or the Highway".

Do you guys want a Shorter league and if so, what format?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:24 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
For me the main problem is that average players Never get asked if they want to join. While on pool there are at least two clans who give a chance to everyone.

I think for most clans its Reputation as always been one or two strong clans who don't want to weaken the side. For me its about the trust as recently i signed someone whos a well known pooler but trying to find his feet.

For me, i don't want to sign people i am hazy about
buckjam
buckjam
21:54 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I think for most clans its Reputation as always been one or two strong clans who don't want to weaken the side. For me its about the trust as recently i signed someone whos a well known pooler but trying to find his feet.

For me, i don't want to sign people i am hazy about

I think that has been part of the problem. Two or three bigs teams who dont want to lose their big players. Holding out for just the big players. Now you dont want to take on players your "hazy" about cause they might be crap. If no one gets a go how can you see who are good or bad. With all the resetting that gos on you cant look at stats. 4 years ago i said dilute the clans a bit. But then it was like....no, players like to play with their mates and people they know. Well thats great. Now they can all play together on the tables when they get the chance cause there will be no clans to bring them here.

The big clans are going the way of the smaller ones and just as quick..................down the crapper
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:04 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
No Jamie, i signed Ray this season to help out and while he is okay, he is finding his feet, same with guy i signed. I don't want to sign everyone from the chat room.

I signed Chezz also, while not the best Caromer in the world (we know thats etarvt) he is still decent.

Mine and Sebs Goal is to spread the top players among the clans to make the league balanced. When Sean wanted a clan, i needed a player but i refused and said go to CoD as they was struggling.

We don't always take great players as we have already proven, even with our slightly weakened D&C side we can still keep our 5 year record in tact.

I don't want to sign Random Players from the chat room as i have no idea of their activity among other things. I admit there is a vibe about D&C as its potentially the most successful clan in league history.

If it ever folds then i will be like FPD who will sign whoever unless its guys i dislike until then, we have some great and some not so great players like most clans
count_raven
count_raven
22:38 Thu 17 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I would also suggest to give the league a break and try it with a smaller event. In fact I think there has to be some kind of event coz otherwise probably more ppl would lose interest in logging in.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:05 Fri 18 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah giving main league a break despite the new clan that is about to form.

Hoping for a smaller competition (doesn't include Power or Carom but those could be a cup feature) with teams of maybe 3 or 4. Could work like Super League on Pool, not format but teams.

say we had...

whocares8x8 (Captain)
dgeneratio (Vice)
crazy_greg
chezz021_v2
garethclin
mrmagic
_wales_lad_
bamboozle
sarahh
count_raven

^ our current list as an example split into teams of three.

whocares8x8 (Captain)
dgeneratio (Vice)
crazy_greg
----------------------
chezz021_v2
garethclin
mrmagic
----------------------
_wales_lad_
bamboozle
sarahh
count_raven

the bottom tier could sub into any league game. Two teams max i think and 10 players for three players in a team. Two teams max i think and 12 players for four players in a team.

If you increase that by two so 12 (3 players) or 14 (4 players), you could have three teams but like pool is risking default.

Individual and Players Championship could still run as normal unless a different format is used. Cup question of keeping format or switching or leaving it out.

thoughts?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:18 Fri 18 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with everyone else, not much point continuing with 4 teams. It's unlikely the new clan would last a season anyway, think this will be the end of snooker for me.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:21 Fri 18 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I agree with everyone else, not much point continuing with 4 teams. It's unlikely the new clan would last a season anyway, think this will be the end of snooker for me.

unfortunately felt like the end seasons ago before java problems started past few months.

until this is available properly on iphones and androids then i can't see site getting much busier, how it would be done i have no idea as orig but practically be impossible. arc would be possible. reg its unclear
clifton188
clifton188
14:18 Sat 19 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What about starting something similar to the individuals and players where by we have a league for single players? thats if clans stop of course or could run alongside it
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:25 Sat 19 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
could do, i do plan to run a players champ and individual league but a new league, we could potentially drop to three clans, the new clan would make four but realistically without seeing a list i'm not sure if it will work.

think if we do a smaller league then has to be like super league where you have several groups of 3 play but with clans slowly decreasing and more leaving is it worth just doing singles competition?
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
17:33 Sat 19 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I'd personally play in a singles league altho would worry about defaults and arguments about getting games played.
Leagues for arc orig etc seems like a good idea giving more options for more games..i would even join a carom league
Maybe the same option for teams of 4 or 6 to play in arc reg orig carom and power leagues.
There will still be top teams where good players are only interested in joining others of the same ilk....but its for fun.
Anything for a game
because soon I will be gone just because when i do come on there's no one to play...and just a few arc games going on.

Its the only way forward
..or its a goner.

Also stop worrying about losing...it doesn't matter..

Edited at 14:36 Sat 19/09/15 (BST)

Edited at 14:36 Sat 19/09/15 (BST)

Edited at 14:37 Sat 19/09/15 (BST)
Pages: 18182
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.