League Discussion Thread II

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 18283
count_raven
count_raven
23:31 Sat 19 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I see it exactly as Kili does. Only thing is that I would not form new teams out of existing clans but just put something up brandnew.
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
02:37 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
agree with carsten there....lets get it on before it all dies completely

dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:43 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
do you guys mean like single player league or knockout (or World Cup) and all four main types are included?

either way i would only want guys who would commit to play, league is okay but not much interest in the past (could do groups i guess to make it easier like World Cup). We would also need a 'Penalty' system
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:46 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
also were still in the league, doesn't end until next sunday (unless cup/plate is decided), i don't want to rush though, need a set format and rules
count_raven
count_raven
21:21 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I would appreciate to have something with small teams. Just playing single player things does not have the teamwork affect.

Like the idea with 3 or 4 players teams, probably with a bit more loose subbing rules not to have too many defaults.

Lets say we do it like arc reg and orig and maybe a mixed format like we have in cup. So you would have 4 matches and 4 players per team where one of those can play two matches if it needs to be subbed?
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:41 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/9111/league-discussion-thread-ii/83#810153

still intend to do those ^

no account age, no sub limitations (unless you played in a fixture), no quarantine, could see a few asking guys in chat room but i got to make it easy
thegame26
thegame26
21:58 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
if its going to be smaller teams ill consider running one
count_raven
count_raven
22:21 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i am in richie!!!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:47 Sun 20 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
if its going to be smaller teams ill consider running one

Yup teams of 3 or 4 is the plan, doesn't need to be out of an official clan but it can be, or can mix and match with friends.

e.g. linfield in CoD, kili in CoD, sarah in D&C, Team Name: All Starz as an example

or punkpoet D&C, jasonb (clanless), w_hoolahan (clanless) called Dynamos

No official threads needed too.

^ thats what i'm hoping anyway
sarahh
sarahh
01:20 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i do like the idea of a team of 4 , might make more teams and a bigger league
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:25 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
yeah expecting two teams per clan maximum whether its mixed or clan based.

If we do this format the next question is do we cap each team of four and allow someone to play twice if required or do we up the cap to 6 and allow two reserves.

of course teams could change at any time so would be expecting little defaults
sarahh
sarahh
01:35 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
4 sounds good to me , do he players all have be from the same clan tho ?
count_raven
count_raven
09:54 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
In my opinion future teams should not be limited in players. Lets put up small formats and leave the team building to the people. If they think 3 is enough.....ok, if they think they need 25 possible subs.......also ok.
Because it will be a brandnew thing the existing clans are laid to sleep and you build your team with whoever you want to.
thegame26
thegame26
10:39 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i am in richie!!!

Woooohooooooo
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:19 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
4 sounds good to me , do he players all have be from the same clan tho ?

nah new league (at least until site is busy then can adopt back), new identity so can mix it up, you could post result on clan threads but will make a new thread for results etc.

i don't plan to do a spreadsheet but i can do one quickly just for a table which would only take a day or two as forum tables are messy
count_raven
count_raven
11:24 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i think we have agreed to a team size now. what do we say about the format? do we just play the main types like Arc Reg and Orig? or will we only do it cupwise?

thoughts?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:31 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What about keeping things as they are:

But shorten clans to 6 players with the option to sign a free agent with immediate effect incase of inactive or in Craig's case, unruly behaviour.
It would stop 2 current clans from folding and with ball busters potentially surfacing we will have 5/6 clans for next season.

Also as an idea. Could cut out power and carom to keep the fixtures fairly short increasing the chances of completion and reducing defaults.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:33 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Is the plan?

teams of 4, doesn't need to be out of an official clan but it can be, or can mix and match with friends.

e.g. linfield in CoD, kili in CoD, sarah in D&C, Team Name: All Starz as an example

or punkpoet D&C, jasonb (clanless), w_hoolahan (clanless) called Dynamos

Unlimited Member Cap in a Team, Unlimited Subs with no restriction except can't play another fixture for another team in the same set. No Account Age, No Quarantine.

Format: One Arc, Reg, Orig, Mixed - Six Frames (Mixed 2 of each)

New Questions:

With Unlimited Member Cap do we need to play twice in a fixture? with 4 members you could.

What will the frames be and what is the cup frames and format going to be?

Should i run Players Championship and Individuals?

Edited at 09:26 Mon 21/09/15 (BST)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
11:34 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  
What about keeping things as they are:

But shorten clans to 6 players with the option to sign a free agent with immediate effect incase of inactive or in Craig's case, unruly behaviour.
It would stop 2 current clans from folding and with ball busters potentially surfacing we will have 5/6 clans for next season.

Also as an idea. Could cut out power and carom to keep the fixtures fairly short increasing the chances of completion and reducing defaults.

We can't pal, two clans has now folded so we can't use the old format anymore.
count_raven
count_raven
11:46 Mon 21 Sep 15 (BST)  [Link]  

Format: One Arc, Reg, Orig, Mixed

New Questions:

With Unlimited Member Cap do we need to play twice in a fixture? with 4 members you could.

With the format above member cap wont be extensive as nobody wants to play only once every third fixture

What will the frames be and what is the cup frames and format going to be?

The number of frames could be kept as it is well known and approved.
Do we need a cup?

Should i run Players Championship and Individuals?

Yes
Pages: 18283
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

League Discussion Thread II

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Clan League Management.
Back to Forum List.