R.I.P buddytobud

Viewing forum thread.
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
crazy_dave
crazy_dave
23:12 Mon 3 Dec 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
OMG I'm so sorry to bring this up. But I have not been on snooker for 2 months! And only just recently heard of this :(

Phil and family I'm so sad to hear this sad news of one of the true gents and heroes of funkysnooker, I'm really shocked and Dave will be truly missed by all the funky communities both sides!?! In all my years on these sites this and the loss of Ian brings home why these sites are awesome! I have read back all the comments and think its brilliant that an online game can care so much it shows that people do really care! RIP dave

I just hope the ones that fight and argue over silly points just realise that's there much more to life

Life is far too short

Love Crazy Dave

A very sad guy right now x
m_wood
m_wood
02:21 Thu 14 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Extremely sad news that I have just discovered. Buddytobud was a lovely guy and player and pretty much whats already been said on here very very friendly without an insulting word in his vocabulary.

I remember Buddytobud being absent for a while and there was notes of conern... to which Buddytobud then responded to on the top of the following link... sadly on that link further down in a reply by myself, I sadly posted a future event.

http://www.funkysnooker.com/thread/7821/chatter-s-corner-gen-chat-3/100

Sadly his account is now deleted after 13 months without use. Gone but Never Forgotten.

Rest in Peace.
Your Lord.
g_k
g_k
11:31 Thu 14 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
It does somehow feel very final now to see "Deleted User
(IP Logged)"

It's a shame Funky couldn't leave these accounts in memoriam, such is life I guess.

I will always hold great memories of time we were on Funky together dearly - a great man, a true Gentleman !
jack_pot
jack_pot
12:36 Thu 14 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
(IP Logged)"

It's a shame Funky couldn't leave these accounts in memoriam, such is life I guess.

I will always hold great memories of time we were on Funky together dearly - a great man, a true Gentleman !

You could always just register the same name and set up a memorial page on the profile. I know it's not really the same but just a suggestion.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:06 Fri 15 Mar 13 (GMT)  [Link]  
Same with mk_lad
timpark
timpark
19:45 Wed 17 Apr 13 (BST)  [Link]  
OMG I'm so sorry to bring this up. But I have not been on snooker for 2 months! And only just recently heard of this :(

Phil and family I'm so sad to hear this sad news of one of the true gents and heroes of funkysnooker, I'm really shocked and Dave will be truly missed by all the funky communities both sides!?! In all my years on these sites this and the loss of Ian brings home why these sites are awesome! I have read back all the comments and think its brilliant that an online game can care so much it shows that people do really care! RIP dave

I just hope the ones that fight and argue over silly points just realise that's there much more to life

Life is far too short

Love Crazy Dave

A very sad guy right now x

very sad to hear this news...everytime i played him he was one of the nicest guys..r.i.p mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
21:53 Thu 2 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
(IP Logged)"

It is a shame his account no longer remains.

Btw, Its a year tomorrow that he passed away (3/5/13)

I thought it was the 6th for some reason til I checked. Which would of been very fitting as this is the date for the world champs final?
g_k
g_k
00:50 Fri 3 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi Phil lfc_lad
Hope all is well and that the family are ok.
It's incredible that a year has passed already.

Will raise a glass to him tomorrow

Take care mate
Grae
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:00 Fri 3 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I didnt know this guy but very sad news anyway r.i.p buddy im sure you were one of the good guys hun
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:02 Fri 3 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Hi Phil lfc_lad
Hope all is well and that the family are ok.
It's incredible that a year has passed already.

Will raise a glass to him tomorrow

Take care mate
Grae

Is it a year go for budd ?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:22 Fri 3 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers mate.

Family is fine cheers grae, It has certainly gone quick. didnt realise til the other week.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:58 Fri 3 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers mate.

Family is fine cheers grae, It has certainly gone quick. didnt realise til the other week.

Thoughts are with you mate
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:30 Fri 3 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
same here cam

shame the account has disappeared though. should be sticky accounts for special occasions

i think funky should have a hall of fame each year and bud and ian would certainly be in it for all he has done on the site
thegame26
thegame26
02:52 Fri 3 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Still hard to believe , 1 year already

Hope your teaching them a thing or two up there mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:38 Fri 3 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I don't believe in heaven,

But if there was such a place and anyone deserved to go there, there would be nobody more deserving than this gentleman right here, because he was exactly what I say he was a gentleman. R.I.P buddy.
g_k
g_k
22:42 Fri 3 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers mate.

Pleased to hear it Phil

It is a shame his account has gone, maybe dgeneratio's idea is the way forward we could have a hall of fame.

nick, fastboysam, kev, spinner, baff Any chance of this happening ?
mich
mich
14:13 Sun 5 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
I never really knew buddytobud, apart from the odd game here and the odd chat on the forum.

However I decided to open up an account in his name, for memorial purposes only as he was a huge part of this site and a huge part of many people lives on this site, be it friends or family.

If anyone would like a personal message to bud put on the about me I will be more than happy to do so. Or if anyone would have liked to send him that last message (which I would not read) then feel free.

I apologise if this causes offence or hurts anyone that is not my intention, and if it does so I will deactivate the account or ask Admin to delete it.

Edited at 11:26 Sun 05/05/13 (BST)
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:12 Sun 5 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Good idea I think. Maybe get someone to send you a pic of buddy so you can put it up.
mich
mich
18:26 Sun 5 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
Just tried to do an about me, but seems you need to play 50 games to do so, will try have a word with admin explaining and see if they allow it.
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
19:41 Sun 5 May 13 (BST)  [Link]  
should do. i know fuzz was allowed in the past.

glad someone did this as wouldn't be right if an idiot used it or if someone deactivates.

in my view accounts should never be deleted as it should be yours until you decide to let go.

good idea apple. maybe add some Formula 1 and i know his favourite snooker player is Mark Williams
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

R.I.P buddytobud

Back to Top of this Page
Back to General Chat.
Back to Forum List.