The Rapid Decrease in Funky Snooker Players

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages:
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:21 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Been on this site for many years and have played some of the best players that have signed up to this site, however over the past year or so the game seems to have decreased in members who are regularly active.

Tournament Pots/Numbers

I remember joining tournaments with 30 odd entrants most times one come round, with a huge pot of around 700 tournapoints available to the winner and a good amount to runner up and semi finalists..

Now a days I struggle to get 700 in a day winning all five Arcade tournaments, if that was years ago you would receive around 2000-3000 points per day.

Players Online

Earlier on there were 10 players online... 10!!!! and only 4 entered one of the tournaments I won, how is that come about ?

Clan Reducing Players Per Team and Loss Of Teams

I remember years ago there was talk of a possible second division, it never worked out and eventually clan numbers were reduced due to low numbers and loss of teams

I know the site owner doesn't particualy care about this game anymore which is a shame but something has to be done if you want it to stay around for a while longer, the game will always have numbers but to me the only way you will get a number of players joining is by making an Android App which gives people an insight into the game and lets them try it out before joining up, it would put the game out to a worldwide audience and would definitely get new players I feel..

Thoughts ?
budweiser
budweiser
02:02 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think most members agree with you.

The summer months are coming up and numbers do get low but it has gone really quiet at the moment.

I am trying to run tournaments to help increase numbers to the site. But tournaments havent peaked over 8-14 members for a long time. Back in the days i can remember some tournaments having 30+ members in!

I have msg'ed nick myself asking for rewards/bouns for the Super Tournaments i am running.
seismick
seismick
10:35 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Do you think it might have something to do with the Java updates? I have just updated (inadvertently) and am having great trouble now trying to download an older version of Java to get me back onto the game here!!

I have tried all the browsers recommended and still cannot get the game screen to run oproperly
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:16 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Do you think it might have something to do with the Java updates? I have just updated (inadvertently) and am having great trouble now trying to download an older version of Java to get me back onto the game here!!

I have tried all the browsers recommended and still cannot get the game screen to run oproperly

Hello mate I suffered with the same problem a couple of days ago, I actually un-installed the latest Java and downloaded the older version and the game is running perfectly fine on my browser now, I use Chrome.

If you would like me to post a link then I am happy to for you to get the old Java.
colin777
colin777
14:34 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
please seismick send me it as i am also having probs
seismick
seismick
17:42 Mon 20 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:35 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I think Java problems don't help. I've been playing a bit for the last 6 months - but not that often - but before that I didn't play for a long time as it just stopped working. I was kind of glad, as I never really had the willpower to stop playing of my own accord. Obviously it never occurred to me to try Internet Explorer - "doh". But I'm sure others have been as dumb as me. But whatever the reason, once you reach such low numbers it doesn't make it that appealing to come back. I used to prefer regular, and it was never an issue to get a game. Now I'm surprised if there is even one regular game going on, let alone available. People's lives will always change, and they'll stop playing so it's necessary for new people to get involved. If one of the forum posts I read is right, this isn't happening because nobody is promoting the site and it comes on the 2nd page of a google search. I can't see the site lasting unless someone - the owner presumably - is driving it forward. Apologies for rambling on.
the_guvernar
the_guvernar
12:50 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i think there are many reasons why the site is going downhill.promotion,and updates,the tournie times now are when most people are at work school etc,why they were changed i have no idea,tournapoints didnt help increase numbers long term as anticipated ,loads of players dont want to lose 7 or 8 ranking points for 1 unlucky frame then have to play another 10 matches to get them back,only a few players are capable of winning them regularly,i know several players who dont enter any for these reasons,they got rid of the friendlies,the abuse you can get during a game is at its worst ,and ive been here from the very start of funky,finally it seems Nick no longer has any interest in this wonderful site,its such a shame,as it really could be massive
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
14:22 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
"i think there are many reasons why the site is going downhill.promotion,and updates"

Yep and fact funky isn't live on phones yet

"the tournie times now are when most people are at work school etc,why they were changed i have no idea"

As Budweiser told me its when most players are online now but there are some weekly super tournaments now

"loads of players dont want to lose 7 or 8 ranking points for 1 unlucky frame then have to play another 10 matches to get them back"

Thats always been the case, you should have been around before the rankings reset, back then i gained 20 Original Points against ste_efc. If you don't like the ranking system then play friendlies.

"the abuse you can get during a game is at its worst"

Depends who you play, most guys i play are very respectful but Arcade i find is the worst for unsporting behaviour

"ive been here from the very start of funky"

Not me, Signed up end of 06, started playing mid 07

"finally it seems Nick no longer has any interest in this wonderful site,its such a shame,as it really could be massive"

Yes that is a problem but Staff are trying to get it back on track by Super Tournaments and Trying to bring back the Official Newsletter.

Also get FS to page one on Google Search and Members can do a group on Twitter and Facebook with regular updates
the_guvernar
the_guvernar
14:44 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
thank you for your response,can i respectably say ,i only mention tournapoints as a deterant to some,because before them there were no points involved in any tournies,they were just for fun and the prestige of winning,your ranking never changed,win or lose,so i disagree that this has always been the case, players would enter to be involved with nothing to lose and only experience to gain,i know several players who have told me this,im just offering this up as a viable reason for the drop in tournie entrants,your point about facebook is a very good one ,some are joining so it works just needs more promotion
vixen_xox
vixen_xox
15:15 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Reading through some of the old forum threads from 5/6 and even 8 years ago, one thing I noticed (above anything else) is that the majority of the members back then seemed to be incredibly young, like mid to late teens young (some of the arguments and comments were out of this world immature). A couple of them are still around, but 90% aren't, as time passes people have grown up (hopefully) and got busy with life I'm sure.
I spoke to Destiny a while ago and asked why he didn't bother playing anymore other than on the rare occasion and he said that he feels like he's 'done it all' and there are no new challenges. I'm sure this is how a lot of older members feel. Again something that won't change if there are no new changes to the site, and as someone has already pointed out, Nick has no intention of making any new additions other than maintenance.
If the site was advertised then a new influx of players would join to replace the ones who have moved on and it would continue in that cycle. Again not something that seems to be an option. I'm sure there are the odd one or two people who actively seek out a decent snooker site to play on, that's what I did (especially when there is televised snooker tournaments in the real world going on such as now) but it won't bring in much of an increase when numbers are constantly dropping.
Staff are trying new ideas, however the main issues with the site are things that only Nick can control.
cortez
cortez
15:23 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I personally think it's basically due to Nick giving up on the site lol...Knowing that nothing will change about this game ever again put people off and they left..
timpark
timpark
17:12 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
i was about to start a new thread about this .the numbers are so low now in tourneys that i have personally won over 10 tourneys by default i n the last 2/3 weeks..when tourneys do take place there are only 2 players ,i.e this morning 11 am the marathon regular tourney it was me and destroyer ....never saw so little people in tourneys

its a shame because this was a good site in the past ,,now its a bit crap tbh.if it wasn't for spirit,jamgood,buckjam myself and wood..the site would have no one most times in tourneys
timpark
timpark
17:13 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
just as i wrote above 2pm me and destroyer in the original ,crap
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:34 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
just as i wrote above 2pm me and destroyer in the original ,crap

Nights i think has always been better for tourns, Dunno about anyone else but its rare you will see me on in afternoon but i generally come on at night for 2-3 hours.

Back in the day i used to be on from 1 pm until like 12 am when i went to bed. Still enjoy playing but feel like Ronnie sometimes and lack motivation which is a shame.
count_raven
count_raven
19:52 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I am really sorry. It seems to be my fault coz it all happened as soon I retired from playing clan league and after that I showed up very rarely. I would like to apologize for that.

But now I am online here much more often and I am pretty sure the reincarnation of funkysnooker is just about to happen. Just give it a few more days/weeks and we will all be happy again.

Edited at 18:49 Tue 21/04/15 (BST)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:27 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I completely and utterly agree with everyone here, the site has gone downhill, I saw a semi-final because only 4 people joined a micro arcade, A MICRO!!!!!! There used to be days where you had to be quick off the mark to get into micros, and if you miss click the confirm button, it was all over, life ruined!!! Now you can finish your break, and make a drink by the time your invite comes around.

Saying all this, there have been more and more threads saying how much this site has gone down!

I am making a thread, where we all put ideas to improve the site, hopefully nick will take notice. (I say with crossed fingers)

Lets kick on and help get more people on the site, I know it's not our responsibility, but if nothing is going to be done upstairs, then we will have to.

And finally...
--------------Big credit to budweiser for setting up super tournaments, it's a good idea, more people come on for them tournaments, so that's a start

I know my opinion means nothing, I am not the most influential person on the game, nor the most liked, I've had my bad moments, but don't read it from the person, read it as an anonymous (<spelt that first time!) person
timpark
timpark
20:54 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I personally think it's basically due to Nick giving up on the site lol...Knowing that nothing will change about this game ever again put people off and they left..

if nick has given up on this site ,its all our fault because the people who pay their money for a full membership must have made him too much money that he doesn't need to come on line and take control.
if he doesn't want to do it he should trust a valued regular member to look after things while hes on vacation.or if he stays away he will come back to a site full of non full members

can i ask how many people have paid their tenner since february ,
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:06 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

if nick has given up on this site ,its all our fault because the people who pay their money for a full membership must have made him too much money that he doesn't need to come on line and take control.
if he doesn't want to do it he should trust a valued regular member to look after things while hes on vacation.or if he stays away he will come back to a site full of non full members

can i ask how many people have paid their tenner since february ,

He makes the same money whether we pay or not, your paying for the privileged to play without adverts and a couple of fancy cues.
crazy_dave
crazy_dave
21:07 Tue 21 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
^ couldn't be more wrong! Nick has funded the site has a hobby and has now started working and will continue to support the site but maybe not at the rate members like. I still believe the drop in numbers is due to the fact most people I talk to and ask don't hardly ever use laptops or PC's these days! I think most on here and pool do for a quick game or clan games.

Edit: comments made to Tim (bloody Dgen posting far too quick )
Pages:
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Rapid Decrease in Funky Snooker Players

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.