The Rapid Decrease in Funky Snooker Players

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
budweiser
budweiser
14:56 Thu 23 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
A Super Friendly Random Tournament can be done.

Means no worries to losing rank and to see who is no1

More people who enter the better... But who would ? Over 32 would be fantastic
budweiser
budweiser
14:58 Thu 23 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
15:07 Thu 23 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If Nick made this game compatible with tablets and iPads It would increase numbers massively imo but he just doesn't seem interested anymore
clifton188
clifton188
16:09 Thu 23 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
That's the main reason i don't enter tournaments cause of the rank to be gained,its everything to lose and very little to win so would i lol. However being topspot is starting to get boring as noones even competing to get up there so im just gonna go all out and enter everything soon enough

In Arcade I am literally in touching distance of 2.5 behind you so I am there to take over son

That rank in arc i got from the super tourn ages ago havnt played rank since lol. And if it were only rank and no friendlys then i think people would play a lot more but as i said imo ranks not so important anymore so Il see you in the arc finals matey just don't deact after you lose muhahahaha

I enter every tournament possible, regardless of who enters or what rank is available to lose.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:41 Thu 23 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Micro Arcade Snooker Tournament - taxitaxi (1) 48-0 (0) andre_ward_
RANKINGS: taxitaxi 749.4 (+8.7), andre_ward_ 883.9 (-8.3)
less than a minute ago

Micro Arcade Snooker Tournament - grrrrr (1) 59-0 (0) andre_ward_
RANKINGS: grrrrr 730.0 (+9.0), andre_ward_ 891.2 (-8.6)
about 6 hours ago

Few examples of low rankers being good enough to break off and pot and clear...

Lost 17 points in 2 games... Will take me a week to get that back lol
clifton188
clifton188
19:57 Thu 23 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
hurts dosnt it lol worst one for me was an orig final lost 2-0 i was on about 940 and opponent was mid 700's and i think i lost about 28 lol
m_wood
m_wood
01:58 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Alreeeet.... so The Lord just did the facts on Tournaments that took place Tuesday 1030pm-Thurs 1030pm... thats 48 hours.... below are the game type, and the amount of tournament entrants for each tournament of that type, in numerical order...

Arcade
1, 1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 8, 8, 10, 10, 11

Regular
1, 1, 2, 2, 4, 5, 6, 6, 6

Original
2, 3, 5, 5, 8, 8

Carom
2, 2, 3, 3, 4

Power
4, 9, 9, 10

Random
3, 5, 5, 5, 5

So the past 48 hours, the highest amount of entrants for a tournament was 11, in Arcade. Which is really where we are at.
Only 6 tournaments out of 44 had a Round 1 tie, the remaining 38 tournaments started at either QF, Semi, Final, or a Default Winner.

Nothing seems to be working, even with Budweisers recent top efforts.... the decline is rapid and severe
budweiser
budweiser
02:15 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
m_wood

Well i think the next step is 6 Tournaments a day.

Regular 4pm
Carom 5pm
Arcade 6pm
Random 7pm
Original 8pm
Power 9pm

Site becomes busy (ish) around 4/5pm then falls around 9/10pm.

So could only have tournaments at those times.

Need to make numbers up, fast!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:17 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Well i think next step is 6 Tournaments a day.

Regular 4pm
Carom 5pm
Arcade 6pm
Random 7pm
Original 8pm
Power 9pm

Site becomes busy (ish) around 4/5pm then falls around 9/10pm.

So could only have tournaments at those times.

Need to make numbers up, fast!!

Personally not in favour of this Bud, I can't see how this improves numbers if anything.. you got to remember players around the world play in the night due to different time zones so how is it fair on them to miss out for living elsewhere ?
budweiser
budweiser
02:23 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I wanted to see what people would say

Other idea is:

Arcade mondays every hour.

Regular tuesdays every 2 hours

Original wednesdays every 2 hours

Carom thursdays every hour

Power fridays every 2 hours

& random micro every 30minutes on 1 hour games and every hour on 2 hour games.
budweiser
budweiser
02:33 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Or we could have:

Members pick & chose Sundays (or any selected day). Everyone posts what time you want tournaments/events for 1 day!! Thats 9am till midnight!! You select, all writes own list down and members vote which is best. Would have a time limit of a week for all to see and post! Could be a idea and very possible
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:59 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
So that means I can only play Monday's due to only being good at that type lmao
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
13:29 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I can't see it changing

Edited at 10:36 Fri 24/04/15 (BST)
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
16:26 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I only get on around 9-10..so don't go stopping tourneys around then thanks

Although I agree that it's annoying losing 12 plus points per game due to losing to lower ranked players ..surely this is,an incentive for them..

Although I find players often don't turn up to play me because I have hit a few cents..but they should as you never know ..the better players all have off days and ranks there for the taking.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:44 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I only get on around 9-10..so don't go stopping tourneys around then thanks

Although I agree that it's annoying losing 12 plus points per game due to losing to lower ranked players ..surely this is,an incentive for them..

Although I find players often don't turn up to play me because I have hit a few cents..but they should as you never know ..the better players all have off days and ranks there for the taking.

I have noticed some of the high ranked players joining tournaments but when another good player turns up they bail...

In my opinion the more higher ranked the better, the more gain then rather than playing in a tournament where you're miles ahead of them and will only lose a lot to the small gain possible.
timpark
timpark
19:02 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
heres my tuppence worth.
the time/s of tourneys have got to change,after 4pm marathon arcade i dont come back on till 10pm till the original starts,as i find between 4 and 10 the tourneys dont suit me or at 8pm there is no tourney at all, i hate carom or random tourneys..the time are different than the rest of the days tourneys..i.e 8-45 or 7-30
it seems there all mumbo jumble..

get em changed back to either arcade .regular.or original with the odd carom thrown in ,get rid of random tourneys there rubbish ,
budweiser
budweiser
19:18 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
We need a list of tournaments/times you want them!

Got to have all events due to some people like/dislike, just how it goes
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:16 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
We need a list of tournaments/times you want them!

Got to have all events due to some people like/dislike, just how it goes

I honestly don't think it's the tournaments that has made the game decrease, it's lack of change on the game, like someone else said, they know it will always be like this so it becomes stale.
budweiser
budweiser
21:01 Fri 24 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sites cant be changed weekly or when someone asks. This site has changed over the years. But we need new ideas to attracted the members back

Takes time!!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:59 Sat 25 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Sites cant be changed weekly or when someone asks. This site has changed over the years. But we need new ideas to attracted the members back

Takes time!!

I mean things like new games, fresh changes which involves spending money, which Nick will no longer do, making a good app to get it a worldwide audience.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Rapid Decrease in Funky Snooker Players

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.