The Rapid Decrease in Funky Snooker Players

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
masterful
masterful
15:52 Sat 25 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Why did we all leave, and I am included in this as I only play adhoc now, is very simple.

This game is old, tired and out of date. There are 100s and 1000s of online multiplayer games, on lots of platforms which are just frankly better. It is sad, but until someone actually wants to put some money into this game and bring it up to date and more attractive to new users on ipad and things like that nothing will change no matter how many ideas you have. Anything you change now actually just annoys your regular players who are almost being punished because you are trying to find new ones.

Sorry if a bit harsh but someone needed to say it reading all the above.
count_raven
count_raven
16:18 Sat 25 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
To top it I would say there are for sure millions of online games which are technically better but if you are looking for snooker I cant find any comparable to funky without being forced to pay money.
So I cant share your opinion. Probably I did not look up close enough for a different platform.

But also I found out that funkysnooker is unfortunately not in the top search results of google if i am looking for an online snooker game. dont know how to change this tho.
kilimanjaro
kilimanjaro
02:31 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Anybody recently joined as genuine newbie posting here would be good..to see how they found it in the first place and they are finding the site to use?

vixen_xox
vixen_xox
02:45 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
When I joined there was no advertising whatsoever, I was watching one of the televised snooker tournaments and wondered if there were any cool snooker game sites as I'd only ever played pool and it was becoming futile since there were so many aimer cheats for the games I played, I think I googled it and saw someone had suggested it somewhere ... I played as a guest for a while but when I *thought* I was getting pretty good I wanted to have my own stats etc. I'm sure if someone was actively trying hard to find a good snooker site they'd eventually happen across funky, but if they just googled it then they'd go with whatever comes up within the first few results, which isn't funky. So sure there will be the odd one or two new players but nowhere near enough to make up for the constant numbers that are being lost.
damee
damee
16:12 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
As one of the old timers who has been round on here longer than most, there is a few things which to me has stopped me from coming on here (apart from having no time on my hands any more!)

Game types
When I joined (been on here much longer than the username suggest for users that are unaware), there was arcade and original. Now there is 6 different game modes. This isn't an issue if the numbers of users were there but there has never been enough users to cover all types of games. When there was only 2, there was probably a few less users but you never had an issue getting a game as there was always people willing to play.

Community
Again, when I first joined and for the first few years, you could always have a laugh and just had a good conversation in the members bar or in a game. Very very few users caused issues. It's more the opposite these days. When I pop on my self now I don't really say much as no one bothers any more.

Clans
For a long while, clans didn't exist which was never an issue. Then we had just 2 clans which battled out with was brilliant. Then the clan league was created after a few more appeared and it did run brilliantly for a couple of seasons. Then a lot just lost appeal and it became harder to organise. The banter between clans was epic in the past. Not 100% sure what it's like now but I'm fairly sure it can't be like what it used to be.
budweiser
budweiser
16:57 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Same as me vixen_xox, seen snooker on tv then searched online!

I think what all is saying is its same old with same things without anything new. But some members dont like change so its hard to keep all happy!

I noticed the last 2 weeks daytime avg is 33 members online with evenings 54!
Slowly over last month or so it is dropping
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:11 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I think what all is saying is its same old with same things without anything new. But some members dont like change so its hard to keep all happy!

I like the idea of Damee with just the two types.. How about ditching Regular and Power and leaving Arcade, Original and Carom only ?
budweiser
budweiser
17:31 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
It couldnt be done for many reasons!

All plays arcade. Some like regular/original/power/carom so we couldnt remove any. Everyone has a fav and something they are good at!
sarahh
sarahh
17:38 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
budweiser is right , you just cant ditch a few , you would only lose more players then

its all about advertising and getting it onto other devices to play it off is whats really needed

damee is right too , know one really chats anymore and if they do talk its mostly bad sportsmanship , i could say something in the chat room and no one could be bothered to answer back
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
18:28 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
damee is right too , know one really chats anymore and if they do talk its mostly bad sportsmanship , i could say something in the chat room and no one could be bothered to answer back

Yeah, i talk to mates but thats it really, guests if they are in the mood and don't leave after two shots.

Chat wise has gone downhill too.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
21:34 Sun 26 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I dont think the game itself is the problem. It remains one of the best online snooker games there is. The people that do somehow find their way to this site, probably stay more often than not.
This is where the problem begins. It is sooo difficult to find this site! Try googling things like "free online snooker game" or similar. You will have big problem finding funky.

The game needs to be more accessible to everyone and playable on a handheld device. Those are the only two options I see that could really make a difference.
All of this "ranked tournaments" or other stuff about the game itself is irrelevant. You could make this the greatest game in the world and people still wouldnt see it. You wont find many better free games than funky if you're looking for snooker.
damee
damee
01:39 Mon 27 Apr 15 (BST)  [Link]  

I like the idea of Damee with just the two types.. How about ditching Regular and Power and leaving Arcade, Original and Carom only ?

I think you missed the point there. I was just stating there how it used to be, ditching anything now would not make it any better. It would push users off the site no question. If the games weren't there in the first place it would be a whole different ball game. It's well past even contemplating that. (Plus reg is my strongest I'd be against that lol....)
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:20 Tue 5 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Nick needs to give incentives on here, examples: winning a tournament = a long weekend in Barcelona with your other half, tickets to a Grand Prix of your choice, a track day race event with Jeremy Clarkson (hot meal included, Steak ?) , a week in Vegas, ...that kind of thing.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
19:55 Tue 5 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Gonna add my bit too

Mark (Bud) has done a great job in organising tournaments to instil a new purpose and life into Funky.

However, and sorry to start the sentence with an however, although this is a good move, it's audience is still only those that are logged in or know about the upcoming tourns and then log in to play them - typically the existing user base.

We need more throughput into Funky and this comes down to advertising. With the many media types this now covers, there is plenty of opportunity to plug Funky in many ways.

Some say the game is old/needs development and I bet many that say this are those that have played on here for a long time.... but those newcombers will not have that insight and to them it's new and 'funky' and 'hopefully' addictive like it is to many of us.

It'll be great to see a response on any plans to advertise and beat the search results into a top spot and make funky great once again.

That's my ramble over. See ya on the baize!!
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
20:28 Tue 5 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
and i'm on facebook majority of the time so if the admins want to give me access to that funky group maybe we could use it for updates, progress of the day, videos etc. or i could make one and stick few trusted friends as admins in there (some decent with comps/videos too).

Obviously same would need to be done on Twitter and any other media site but Facebook is easily accessible for me
colin777
colin777
20:46 Thu 7 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
going to decrease even more cause i am getting fed up of it not working right.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:48 Fri 8 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
There has been a rapid decrease for a number of reasons. Mainly due to the amount of idiots that play here. We know who they are. Admin say "tell us about it and complain".... for what? The idiots are still here. I would subscribe to membership if this site was taken seriously.
budweiser
budweiser
18:01 Fri 8 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I have noticed numbers are going up and down over the weeks, but still avg 38 daytime and 65 evenings. 2009/10/11 would be around 66 daytime and 120plus evenings. Cant help the living world in what people chose to do. To help make numbers higher, things have to be done to attract more people to funky.

A few steps can be taken to help stop this; Ignore user, send complaint, search for a online staff member.

All complaints are dealt with the appropriate action/manner.
whocares8x8
whocares8x8
18:48 Fri 8 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Again, the problem is not the game itself- it's still addictive to new people. It's that not enough new people are coming through. People are always going to leave the site after a certain time. That's usually offset by new people joining the site and taking their place. With very few new people ever seeing the site, the numbers keep decreasing.
budweiser
budweiser
21:17 Fri 8 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I know it isnt the game.... just needs a few adjustments.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Rapid Decrease in Funky Snooker Players

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.