The Rapid Decrease in Funky Snooker Players

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:24 Fri 8 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Could use my suggestion above about Social Media? Also on Google Search it needs to be at the top 5 for players to see it, page two is simply not enough.

Luckily when i joined it was one of the first few results, if it was on page two i may have still found it but i would try other sites on the first page. Then if i found a site i liked i wouldn't have come on Funky.

While its on page two the site runs that risk
crazy_dave
crazy_dave
22:15 Fri 8 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
If you type on online snooker game then funky is on page 1 about 6th on the list. If you have social media like Facebook or Twitter etc then you can help by sending this onto your friends! Funky games are the best pool and snooker games online I don't believe it's the game for the lack of numbers but a change in technology, I'm even typing this from my iPad..... Most people I know these days don't even bother using laptop or PCs as they can do everything online using phones and iPads. The only way the numbers will increase dramatically is having these games on smaller devices. Some small changes to the game might attract a few old names but it won't last I'm afraid
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
22:42 Fri 8 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
true, only problem is my friends aren't snooker fans, my family used to play for about a month or two but i doubt they would play now (dad maybe only exception).

i do my part by sharing achievements but it isn't enough, we need a group page with videos and other things to show the site in motion
suzie13
suzie13
21:07 Thu 14 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Moderator:
This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't follow our forum rules. Replies may also be deleted.

For more detail see http://www.funkysnooker.com/viewPostingRules.do
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:41 Fri 15 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I remember some tournemants back in the day were 50 60 people in there before they were changed to ranked but tbh i rather ranked!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
04:49 Sat 16 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
With chrome probably being the most popular browser in the world , even if people do come across this game , more then likely they wont be able to get on to the server to play.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
02:22 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
About a year or so if you was constantly playing funky you would kinda get addicted and play most days now the fun has gone and most of the players dont bother with it anymore its a shame its not the same anymore
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
14:10 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
There is an awful lot of members having issues with java and what is supported via browsers and funky itself. Those members we know with issues have already made it passed the sign-up and played games before the problems started. You have to ask, just how many do find funky via searching, but then can't play because of browsers/java... then don't bother and because they don't bother, you lose the word of mouth advertising, to the degree it's probably negative.... don't touch funky, it don't work.

You know what, how right they are. Most games I play now, I have to wait about a minute for the other player to give a foul shot and type any text, due to java. It's a shame, after months of issues and decline on here that the owner of the site hasn't once commented on anything, I guess that says a lot.

It'll not be long before numbers have plumeted so low, it'll not be worth carrying on, not here anyway and folk will start to look at those top 5 hits from searching and trying them out.

I know of people that have some great ideas and have been actively trying to get the funk back into funky. this is what we need of the owner too... and to help those that want to continue pushing it, they need the tools and freedom to do so!

Sunday morning rant over
hutch1971
hutch1971
14:38 Sun 17 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
lol very true ian
safeplay101
safeplay101
14:40 Thu 21 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I haven't been able to play for a couple of months now with the Java issues, most likely the problem for everyone else who's not playing on here. Problem you have, is with a Java based game and an ever increasing amount of browsers now deciding not to use Java, how long before the game is obsolete?

So the question here is, can the Funky Snooker owner and coder redesign the game not to use Java? Maybe? Maybe not?

I personally think the end is nigh for this website.....
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:35 Thu 21 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
- Less people play games on computers with more mobile prominence for convenience and simplicity.

- Consistent issues with Java/Servers over the years wanes peoples patience.

- No promotion of the game means that the although the original memberbase stay loyal for every 1 person joining 3 or 4 are getting bored and stop playing.

- Abuse of stat reset and the ease to create a new account messes with the rankings making the value of a tournament + a ranked game for the players that care about rank decreases making them less interesting.

- Banned members were generally the ones most involved in the game, playing all the tournaments, posting on the forums everyday and keeping clans going but if you're handed down a 3 month ban you find other interests.

These things coupled with Nicks obvious disinterest in improving or furthering the game see's players that have been extremely loyal for a number of years finally losing interest themselves.

I've been here, and Funkypool for going on 9 years now and seen it at it's peak and now, in its valley. I don't see this site improving in the future unless Nick sells the site to someone willing to invest time and at least some finance or refocuses his attention on the sites. I'm sure he has other things going on which is his perogative.
morph
morph
21:25 Thu 21 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
There is an awful lot of members having issues with java and what is supported via browsers and funky itself. Those members we know with issues have already made it passed the sign-up and played games before the problems started. You have to ask, just how many do find funky via searching, but then can't play because of browsers/java... then don't bother and because they don't bother, you lose the word of mouth advertising, to the degree it's probably negative.... don't touch funky, it don't work.

You know what, how right they are. Most games I play now, I have to wait about a minute for the other player to give a foul shot and type any text, due to java. It's a shame, after months of issues and decline on here that the owner of the site hasn't once commented on anything, I guess that says a lot.

It'll not be long before numbers have plumeted so low, it'll not be worth carrying on, not here anyway and folk will start to look at those top 5 hits from searching and trying them out.

I know of people that have some great ideas and have been actively trying to get the funk back into funky. this is what we need of the owner too... and to help those that want to continue pushing it, they need the tools and freedom to do so!

Sunday morning rant over

I cant play since I upgraded java couple of weeks ago, its showing as enabled but can no longer play game, just a black screen
the_guvernar
the_guvernar
15:46 Mon 25 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
although many may not agree when the ranked tournaments came in a player could lose 8-10 points by losing a single frame then had to win anything up to 10 frames to get back to where they were before they entered after a while many simply didn't bother its human nature that by not progressing and to see yourself not improving your ranking position interest is lost its no coincidence that the number entering tournies dropped,when the tournies were there just for the prestige of winning no ranking points involved any player could gain valuable experience from entering but ultimately there rank stayed the same a win win situation,i have been playing since the start of funky, and have asked many players why they don't enter anymore, many have echoed what I think may be a valid point,
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
16:41 Mon 25 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I used to think it was ranked tournaments but people are going away from pc's and laptops, until this is available for phones and tablets, numbers will continue to go down, plus the issue of java will drive even more away.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
20:42 Mon 25 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I mainly play this because you can gain many points in tournaments. I only see the ranked games you play when the tournament isn't on as practice for the tournaments and as a bonus.
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:46 Sat 30 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I remember arcade tournaments having an average 500 points to play for nowadays it barely tops 300
buckjam
buckjam
13:29 Sat 30 May 15 (BST)  [Link]  
I won the topsy turvy last night. straight to the final. 2 players. unreal!
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:21 Tue 2 Jun 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Such a shame this thread, it puts things into perspective and makes you realise what's happening to this great site!! I think from reading all the posts you've all got it spot on. Technology plays the biggest part for me, who sits on a PC now? Hardly anyone! The PC I got my century's on is tucked away in boxes. I'd rather use an iPad, which means I can never play online. Laptops aren't what they used to be either. That would all change if we could play online using our phones and iPads.

I know everyone's frustrated and feels as though they're fighting a losing battle with Nick never online and also made it clear there will be no improvements to the site for the near future!! Maybe ever? Who knows!

I seen a post about selling this site, he's worked so hard through out the years to get it to the standard it's at now so couldn't see him ever selling it. It's still the best online snooker site about.... But I'd definitely be interested, I'd love to buy this site! A lot of pennies but definitely interested

Just try and keep going lads, I know a few of the guys behind the scenes are trying their best with New Tournaments etc so just hang in there. One day this site will be flying again take my word for it
segagod
segagod
06:53 Mon 6 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
As somebody who has not really played much in a year, Its sad to come on here to see and read the activity is down :( I only just found out yahoo pool closed down which im sad about, even though i have not played that in years lol. I hope this is not going the same way because this is the best cue sport game on the net i have ever played by far. It does feel like the internet i know is dissapearing into oblivion, maybe a little over dramatic i know lol
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
13:56 Wed 8 Jul 15 (BST)  [Link]  
Past week or two i have lost interest in funky but been playing for 8 years now. For me personally it wasn't about tournaments although i enjoyed Original Tournaments in my youth with some great players like fuddles, lindsell, fa_cup_73, buddytobud, bgyuk etc then later comes guys like arpeggi, chase475 and whocares8x8. Not sure when i lost interest there but for me its always been about playing friendly games in public lobbies and over the years, less seems to play in those public lobbies which has dis-interested me greatly. Clan League and Friends are the only thing driving me to log in and play with the odd knock around of Mini Golf (need to pass Davy at some point ), shame but can't help feel my emotions has changed in a negative way towards the game and unless top players return or more public lobbies are created then my negative attitude to the game will continue to grow. Without the League i probably wouldn't ever log in unless a friend pm'd me to play (via Facebook or Offline Messages).

If i really had the drive i could play 8 hours a day but the motivation to play has limited that to 2-3 hours or even an hour at times.

Thanks for Reading
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

The Rapid Decrease in Funky Snooker Players

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Game Queries.
Back to Forum List.