Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Do You Think Your Computer Is Infected?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 134
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
05:59 Thu 9 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cue_power

you could try this . As i had to fix a friends laptop with a similar problem after he had to format his laptop and he was missing for some reason his internet driver.

firstly i went to a site called btjunkie then download the internet driver from their then burnt it to a disk.

secondly installed the driver on his laptop, then as his laptop was old i put in a D-link wifi adaptor it installed the driver, then click start and then right click on my computer then select manage , then click on the network and then click driver , then click driver update then follow the the on screen instructions, But make sure you connect an ethernet cable to your laptop before you select update by using the internet.

hope you can follow the above ok also sorry it is abit long winded.
cue_power
cue_power
22:32 Tue 9 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Thanks everyone that helped me with this and thanks Ian.

I solved it today, I got fed up of using the laptops, so decided it was time I got the beast back up and running.

I used an adapter that Virgin Media had sent me by mistake after they identified a "faulty router" as an "adapter"...

But their mistake was to my advantage as when we finally got the Router to enable wireless once again, I simply attached the adapter to my PC via USB and it installed my internet driver.

My WNDA3200 to be exact, I dont actually know what it is but once it installed it magically connected to the internet.

So if you're an idiot like me, and decide to system restore your computer back to the stoneage, then an internet provider's adapter will do the trick!

Thanks again everyone for the help 2 months ago
si123
si123
00:45 Wed 10 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Glad it's working again Derry
cue_power
cue_power
13:52 Sun 14 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Cheers Si.

Just a quick question, if anyone can help me -

Basically, my AVG is using up 30-60% of my cpu usage, constantly. Flickers from 2% to 32% to 63% then down then up then down and so on.

It doesnt affect my computer majorly, except when it starts to update itself. I have canceled the self-update option yet it still for what ever reason disobeys my direct authority and still tries updating.

The only thing with it using all the usage, is when im on funkysnooker, if I play any other game type other than carom, I have to shoot around 3-4 times, before it decides to shoot. Once the shot has been played, there is a stop start motion to the balls, where it pauses for 2-5 tenths of a second before continuing. It will stop start around 3 times a shot. Its incredible frustrating and has cost me 2 diamond chances of maximums. I cant play 10 second games, Its a real struggle to play 15 second games, 20 seconds are just about managable. But its affecting my mental strenght as the whole time im playing I am worried it will freeze or wont let me shoot.

Is there any soloution other than deleting AVG? Also when I tried closing the process of AVG it told me access denied which I find a joke tbh, If I want it closed, it should close, surely?!
jack_pot
jack_pot
16:24 Sun 14 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
It seems everyone is having problems with AVG lately. I too had problems so changed to Avira. I recommend you do the same.

Did you try closing the process in Windows Task Manager?
cue_power
cue_power
22:04 Sun 14 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah, that is how I tried to close it. End task - are you sure blah blah - Yes - Access Denied. Lol

But I have removed it now, I wasnt going to waste stress over the poxy thing. Now im just floating through life with no internet security ha!
jack_pot
jack_pot
22:19 Sun 14 Aug 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Lol, I highly recommend Avira. It's served me well so far, and they have a free version which you can download here:
http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus
Pages: 134
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Do You Think Your Computer Is Infected?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.