Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Do You Think Your Computer Is Infected?

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 123
adam_147
adam_147
21:33 Sat 7 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
They could be seen but nothing I did had any effect. If I changed the boot order I just got a black screen with no white writing on.
cue_power
cue_power
22:01 Mon 9 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
fastboysam said:
best man for a job like this is spinner. message him mate, he'll sort it!

Just my luck, he's still offline
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
11:49 Tue 10 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
adam_147 said:
They could be seen but nothing I did had any effect. If I changed the boot order I just got a black screen with no white writing on.

I used to have that problem, and it was the fan not working as well as it used to. So what I did is bought an external laptop fan, and it started working again. Try using an air canister and spraying all the junk out of the bottom of the laptop, and hopefully that could all work out in the end. If not, message me again, and I can probably try and help.
adam_147
adam_147
14:42 Tue 10 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
To be honest I've given up on it now. It's been written off so I'm just waiting for insurance to contact me about a replacement.

Important note, always insure your laptop! £90 is a lot less than a new laptop!
si123
si123
18:24 Tue 10 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Derry, when you went and did a system recovery.. Did you need to put the drivers back on?

First things:

http://www.driverguide.com/
(Aceess that on a working PC)

Get your correct PC driver for the internet, take it off that pc and put it onto the broke 1 and run the driver.

After you have ran it hopefully it's just that you will need to install your wireless again (again) but the internet will be fine

Then:

Download DriverScanner

http://www.driverscanner.com/driver_detective/

Run this program for free after you have got the internet, this will give you a list of all outdated drivers and correct them all for free

Hopefully nobody has mentioned this already

Good Luck
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
00:38 Wed 11 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
right rebooted my computer from factory settings

but still one thing is using up most of my proccesing memory, its constant running slow as its using 99 percent , any ideas what to do?
si123
si123
03:57 Wed 11 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Ctrl Alt Delete

Process's tab see which is running constantly high

By any chance is it svchost?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
17:08 Wed 11 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
its probally the system idle process :)
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
17:51 Wed 11 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
does the driver thing work when PC is fine too si?
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
23:23 Wed 11 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
mainly system idle, but svchost? is there somewhere
si123
si123
02:34 Thu 12 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
svchost is always there.

Just recently I have had a problem where it constantly runsat 100% when Java is open but nah it does tend to go up and down!

And James yeah, run it on your PC it will tell you what you are missing and if any are out of date etc.. If your PC lags for no reason or something doesnt work this may be why
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
02:55 Thu 12 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cheers ill give it a try at some point.
cue_power
cue_power
08:52 Thu 12 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Yeah Si, computer is fine but its an old model. I spent a small amount on the hardware, but they were downloads etc, and now I've done the system recovery its all gone.

Computer works fine though, its just the drivers need updating for my USB device to pick up Belkin so I can use the internet, however I can't update as I need to be on the internet, but can't get on the internet because I need to update it haha!

Everyone keeps telling me to get a pen or cdr and copy it over...

My issue is, I have no idea what I'm copying haha!! Also I don't have a pen anyway lol.

I don't no how to do it without having the disk or updated drivers...

I was going to take my beast downstairs and attach an ethernet, and update my drivers, then bring the beast back up and it will detect the USB? Would this work????

But its not ideal to lump it around. So if there was an easier way, that someone can explain to me simply, I'd be very much grateful and won't curse you :D.

Its been like a week now with no internet :( No online poker for Derry :( so someone come to my rescue and fast :D
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
12:56 Thu 12 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
haggisdcfc said:
right rebooted my computer from factory settings

but still one thing is using up most of my proccesing memory, its constant running slow as its using 99 percent , any ideas what to do?

1. click the start menu.
2. click run
3. type "msconfig" ...without the ""
4. select the "startup" tab
5. untick any boxes that are ticked
6. be absolutely sure you go to the start up tab and not the services tab.

this will stop processes starting automatically which need not be running and may help you
haggisdcfc
haggisdcfc
00:46 Fri 13 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
do i untick everysingle one?
jack_pot
jack_pot
02:22 Fri 13 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
haggisdcfc said:
do i untick everysingle one?

Just untick some of the stuff you don't want to run when your computer starts up.. It will just make your computer start up quicker than usual, and will also mean that you won't have a bunch of stuff running in the background that you don't need running.
spinner
spinner
Admin
14:36 Sat 14 May 11 (BST)  [Link]  
cue_power said:
I was going to take my beast downstairs and attach an ethernet, and update my drivers, then bring the beast back up and it will detect the USB? Would this work????

If you dont have any way of transferring files, this will be your only option. Remember you will have to plug the USB device in while connected to the internet to give the OS a chance to search for the drivers.

If this doesn;t work, and that may be the case as the OS will think they are already installed, you will have to manually search for them.

Every device has a model/serial number on it. Just search for that, and "drivers", in google and you should find them. Remember to avoid dodgy sites such as download.com or driverguide.com - you should be looking for a download from a belkin site.

Once you have that, manually installing should bring it back to life
cue_power
cue_power
14:25 Tue 7 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Right, I have tried to connect to the internet but the computer isn't having any of it.

I have plugged in an ethernet off another computer into mine, yet it still doesn't attach to the net. My network or no other network is available other than "MSN" or "1934" :s.

Is there something I'm missing here? I thought you put ethernet in and bobs your uncle?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
18:31 Tue 7 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
wouldent be a supprise if my commy was the stuff i watch on there :L:L
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
23:12 Wed 8 Jun 11 (BST)  [Link]  
Spybot search and destroy is good.
Pages: 123
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Do You Think Your Computer Is Infected?

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.