Premium accounts
are only £9.99 - Upgrade now

Computing Problems

Viewing forum thread.
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.

Pages: 12
cue_power
cue_power
22:08 Sun 18 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Guuuyys, just wondering...

What music downloaders do you all use?

I have had Lime but now cant get it back at all :(.

Bearshare is useless, it copied music from youtube which are crap and the wrong artist, all sorts.

I'm not looking to pay and I dont really care how suspect it is, as long as it works quick and I can convert it into Itunes.

I want the latest music < not music I have to wait for like some music sites.

Anyone got any good tips?
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
22:16 Sun 18 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I use www.demonoid.me and download it to utorrent mate, you have to sign up for it but it is FREE, and its also great for film,books, tv series and programs/software.

Hope this is of some use to you mate
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
00:26 Mon 19 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
i use bt junkie or iso hunt as i was told too..

i find it ok atm but since i downloaded the converter the other day im lagging and if u browse on another site it will make my table screen white and closes all windows down lol..

if any1 can help me here cud u inbox me as its not often i check these type of subjects ty in advance
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:02 Mon 19 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
cue_power said:
Guuuyys, just wondering...

What music downloaders do you all use?

I have had Lime but now cant get it back at all :(.

Bearshare is useless, it copied music from youtube which are crap and the wrong artist, all sorts.

I'm not looking to pay and I dont really care how suspect it is, as long as it works quick and I can convert it into Itunes.

I want the latest music < not music I have to wait for like some music sites.

Anyone got any good tips?

i just use youtube to MP3 converter and get my songs from there, much safer as for itunes i have no clue sorry
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
16:02 Mon 19 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
Was it me that told you to use isohunt ang?
samj147
samj147
19:13 Mon 19 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
I find the song on YouTube and then paste the URL into a 'YouTube to MP3 converter' and then download the converted file.
cue_power
cue_power
21:01 Mon 19 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
so I should download "Youtube converter"?

Then paste the URL into it, and it will save it to a file?

Can I then put that file on Itunes?

Also, loads of Youtube videos expire and all sorts of things, so say if I had converted it, when the original video on youtube gets blocked etc, will it still work? On Bearshare you have to re download if the youtube video gets booted you see.

Thanks for the help guys and girls. Keep helping
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
21:26 Mon 19 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
you dont need to download it, just search it in google a website can do it.

same scenario as my last post about itunes, sorry
jack_pot
jack_pot
21:46 Mon 19 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
cue_power said:

Also, loads of Youtube videos expire and all sorts of things, so say if I had converted it, when the original video on youtube gets blocked etc, will it still work? On Bearshare you have to re download if the youtube video gets booted you see.

Don't use online converters, as they tend to be crap quality. Get this:
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter.htm

You can select what format you want it to be, .mp3 for example, which works on iTunes.
You can also download multiple songs at once.
Once you've downloaded it, it's yours to keep, even if the Youtube video gets removed/deleted.

Once downloaded, just go to the folder that you saved it to, and drag it into your iTunes playlist.
samj147
samj147
22:22 Mon 19 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
cue_power said:

I use youtube-mp3.org. You don't even have to download a program. Just paste the YouTube video's URL into the box and click convert. Once it has done converting (usually around 30-60sec), click download.

Then it downloads the mp3 and you're done. I don't know if you can have it in your iTunes so you'll have to figure that out but from what I've witnessed, the quality is fine and it is pretty hassle free. Hope it helps.

tobo_
tobo_
23:57 Mon 19 Dec 11 (GMT)  [Link]  
www.video2mp3.net

Copy the URL of the video you want to download, click download, done.
cue_power
cue_power
00:43 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Guys, I use Mozzilla Firefox... and recently... the useage of it goes from the usual useage of 70,000 to now well over 200,000 whatever it is.

This causes it to go SUPER slow. My machine is fantastic and is about 5 years old, but its pretty much 6 months old really and there are no programs on there.

I've deleted all the history and cookies etc...

But I'll be on facebook, on chat with maybe 5 people... Go onto a facebook game... and then AVG tells me my useage (on task manager) is over 200,000mb.... and recommends restarting firefox...

Anyone know why this is happening?
tobo_
tobo_
01:17 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Your computer will be running loads of behind-the-scenes programmes I assume, that will require a lot of extra memory to be used...
dgeneratio
dgeneratio
01:19 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
i know its a long shot but try Firefox Portable, its small enough to put on a USB stick so shouldn't really use too much memory
cue_power
cue_power
01:24 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I have 56 processes running....

Seems tho no matter which 1 I "terminate" my computer messes up?

My PF Useage/Commit charge is 687MB 687/1053

11560 handles
550 threads
56 porcesses

Any of this mean anything? haha
jack_pot
jack_pot
01:36 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Those numbers are low and shouldn't affect your ability to browse with Firefox.

I would ask how much RAM your computer has, but even if it's as low as 1GB that would be way more than enough to just run Firefox.

What applications do you have running in the background? Just list the main ones that you installed yourself, such as Skype, etc...

Do you have any plugins/themes installed on Firefox? If you do remove them. Also toolbars can cause a lot of lag and take up lots of memory.

You could also use a program like CCleaner just as a safe, quick and easy way of cleaning up everything.

If you're still having problems then you'll probably need to modify some of the config file.
cue_power
cue_power
01:45 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
I dont really know the spec of the computer tbh, its a compaq, 5 year old pc... Cost about £649 from Currys? haha

I have only downloaded AVG and Firefox itself...

I have "pluggin container" which is Vshare that enables me to watch football online. ut it was like 250kb to download?

No toolbars. Just a search engine from google with no tools.

My computer was wiped about 6 months ago and it was loads quicker.. but now its just ridiculosly slow.

At the moment I only have firefox open, and when I minimise the screen... it doesnt just flash off...

At the top of the page... it slowly slowly starts changing to my background.... and it takes 5-7 seconds to get from the top to the bottom, so I can still see like the internet page... but it just gets smaller in time?

Hard to explain.

I only have 1 tab with funkysnooker open?

My internet has 300mpbs speed? with full signal from Virgin Media. Pretty sure we have the dogs rollecks in broadband too.

I have the second newest version of Firefox... the new one has literally only just came out...

I just cant really see a reason its slow? :(
Deleted User
(IP Logged)
01:51 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Derry and others....just a tip from Holland....superb app for downloading music (separate songs)....high speed.....Pirate 1006

http://code.google.com/p/thepirateapp/downloads/detail?name=Pirate-1006.exe&can=2&q=
jack_pot
jack_pot
01:52 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
Try this out and let me know how it performs:
http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox
jack_pot
jack_pot
01:53 Wed 11 Jan 12 (GMT)  [Link]  
harold_ said:
Derry and others....just a tip from Holland....superb app for downloading music (separate songs)....high speed.....Pirate 1006

http://code.google.com/p/thepirateapp/downloads/detail?name=Pirate-1006.exe&can=2&q=

I wouldn't go near that with a barge pole... No offence.
Pages: 12
Unable to post
Reason:You must log in before you can post

Computing Problems

Back to Top of this Page
Back to Computer, Internet and Console chat.
Back to Forum List.